Favourite non U2 song of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeez, ignore that. Sorry, i'm tired - i'm not really making much sense.
All I mean is that it's my favourite song of all time. Nothing U2 has done tops it.

beau2ifulday said:
Jeez, ignore that. Sorry, i'm tired - i'm not really making much sense.
All I mean is that it's my favourite song of all time. Nothing U2 has done tops it.

No problem. I was just wondering, because every band makes a few of those "what were they thinking?" songs and I thought Hallelujah's has to be better than the "What were they thinking songs." :wink:

This has been a fascinating read. I am amazed by the kinds of songs that people have listed as their favorites in the whole world, many of which I find to be quite mediocre; some downright irritating to my ears! But at least they were able to pick. I find it impossible to narrow it down to even, say, five. No doubt if I were able to pick many here would feel the same way my choices as I do about theirs. I guess what matters is that everyone's passionate about something. :up:

Tania said:
The Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven
etc, etc, etc

one of mine also

along with...

i wanna be adored - the stone roses
that's entertainment - the jam
dig for fire - the pixies
shady lane - pavement
there is a light... - the smiths
letdown - radiohead
mansize - pj harvey
miss misery - elliott smith

... off the top of my head
im guessing ill be updating this within the next minute of posting

BostonAnne said:

I just got them on itunes as I can't die incomplete! :wink:

He sounds so Lennonish in "Death of a Train" to me - awesome! Thanks! I like both songs. :up:

I'm so glad you like them. If you desire more great stuff of his, you might want to check out all three (4 now, but the latest is just off of his website) of his solo albums. "Acadie", "For the Beauty of Wynona", and "Shine".

Some more songs I might reccomend are "Rocky World", "Where the Hawkwinds Kill", "Just Learning How to Crawl", "I Love You", and "Shine". They are some of my favorite songs ever. He is a truely amazing musician.

Back
Top Bottom