Favourite Kids TV programmes - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 02:10 PM
and Trumpton!

And Dangermouse!!!!!!!!

:nostalgia:

Old 11-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 01:10 PM
Re: Re: Favourite Kids TV programmes

Quote:
Originally posted by Tilli

Do you remember a show called Chocky? That show used to scare me sometimes - it had this green ghost thing in it with a scary voice
OMG Chocky, I had totally forgotten that one! That was classic, way too scary for kids TV, even my mum used to sit and watch that. It was a green ethereal pyramid thingy that talked.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Tilli[/]I remember these two shows. Picturebox had that weird revolving box at the beginning and wasn't it like an educational show? I don't remember the talking cushion , thank goodness.

Didn't Let's Pretend have that weird puppet snake thing dancing to the opening credits?
Yeah your right about Picturebox, I'm wondering if I'm getting Humphrey the Cushion from another program 'House on the Hill' or something like that I think it was called.

Yep 'Let's Pretend' did have a big snake thing on the credits. They used to pick a bunch of things out of boxes at the top of the show, and then cobble together a half baked story out of it, I always liked it anyway

I was never into 'Byker Grove' I think I'd just started college when that got going. But did used to love Grange Hill, when Gonch, Ziggy, Zammo, and that guy that was in Londons Burning was in it, and Roland (Row-land as that girl always used to call him ) of course.

Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2

oooooh and Rentaghost. How could I forget Rentaghost?!!!
Fingerbobs
And Dangermouse!!!!!!!!
Damn, now you're really talking! Fingerbobs, Dangermouse, and Rentaghost

Wasn't Audrey Roberts from Coronation Street in Rentaghost or have I lost the plot? Dangermouse was seriously funny, I'd love to see some of them again as I think a lot of the humour in those were adult orientated.

Hmmmm a few more have just sprung to mind...

Button Moon (featuring Licklebockle - ie Littlebottle), and everything was made from household items, mainly from the kitchen I think.
Playaway (with the legendary Brian Cant, he's still going strong!)
Ivor The Engine (Chercheecoo, Chercheecoo!)
Mr Men (Mr Greedy & Mr Topsy Turvy rocked!)
Whydontyou? (I could never get enough of this)
The Red Hang Gang
The Famous Five
Morph

*Wipes back tears of nostalgia*

I feel sorry for the youth of today, I really do!

Old 11-26-2006, 06:49 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Ah i see you statrted the kid's tv show thread!!!!

Can't believe i only just found it 24 hrs later!

You're right that Audrey Roberts from Corrie was in Rentaghost what a crazy but great prog and i love the theme tune!!!

God i watched all those shows! I actually have a book about it somewhere i bought about 5 yr ago! Not sure where it is!
Be a good idea to dig it out to find out anything we want to remember

The herbs was an excellent one too!

And has anyone mentioned Capt Pugwash yet?

I well remember Humphrey cushion!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #19
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by susanp6
Ah i see you statrted the kid's tv show thread!!!!

Can't believe i only just found it 24 hrs later!

You're right that Audrey Roberts from Corrie was in Rentaghost what a crazy but great prog and i love the theme tune!!!

God i watched all those shows! I actually have a book about it somewhere i bought about 5 yr ago! Not sure where it is!
Be a good idea to dig it out to find out anything we want to remember

The herbs was an excellent one too!

And has anyone mentioned Capt Pugwash yet?

I well remember Humphrey cushion!
Hehe welcome on board Susan!

Captain Pugwash
Can't believe I left this one out! My mum will have a photo of me buried away somewhere at my 4th birthday party wearing my pride and joy... a Captain Pugwash t-shirt.

The whole Seaman Stains, and Master Bates thing that everyone talks about from that show is an urban myth though isn't it? They never really existed did they?

The Herbs is ringing distant bells, I've gotta say, what was that one about?

Dig the book out, dig the book out, more nostalgia!!
Old 11-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

I think the Pugwash stuff is a myth i understand, yes!!!! i've heard lots of people debate that whole subject! It's always a big talking point eh!!! gets everybody sniggering anyway! lol.

I'll try&find the book in the next day or 2 - no way i feel like getting it out now so to speak!

The herbs were like animated animals named after herbs like there's a lion called Parsley! Also Dill the dog! It was ace!

Oh Willow the wisp too - with Kenneth Williams voicing!
Old 11-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #21
The Fly

Ohhh Matron, stop messing about! Willow the Wisp was great, even though I never understood what was happening, a bit like Chorlton and The Wheelie World, what the heck was all that about, the creators must have been doing some serious drugs !

The Herbs is definitely ringing bells, was it a BBC thing circa Rhubarb & Custard - mid 70's? Lol, Rhubarb & Custard, theres another classic! And what a theme tune.

That Aussie kids show Round The Twist had the best theme music ever though.

Hmmmm.... Runaround, Gggggggg Go!!! Remember that?!! With the legendary Mike Reid. Remember the circular table chock full of prizes. You can imagine Mike Reid clipping misbehaving kids round the earhole off camera.

Magpie!!! ITV's Blue Peter, with Tony Barnstaple, Jenny Hanley , and Tommy Boyd who went on to present Childrens ITV. Tony Barnstaples name used to send me into fits of hysterics for some strange reason. I was a disturbed child lol.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Nah, Herbs is animated like plasticine but Rhubarb&custard is a cartoon but yes what a theme tune indeed - hilarius i loved it!

Chorlton and the wheelies was amazing and how crazy is that witch?

Oh yeah Runaround with old Frank Butcher! always used to watch it.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #23
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by susanp6
Chorlton and the wheelies was amazing and how crazy is that witch?
She always used to remind me of a deranged Jimmy Hill / Bruce Forsyth with that over pronounced chin
Old 11-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm off to bed

i shall return with book sometime soon i'm sure!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 AM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 11:40 PM
Hmmm, let me remember...it was a LONG time ago
You Can't Do That On Television
Grange Hill
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole
Degrassi Junior High (the original one)
Kimba The White Lion
Inspector Gadget
The Magic Roundabout
and there was some aussie show, on the abc on weeknights about a group of kids at a summer camp, i just cant remember the name of it!! Anyone know it?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:57 AM   #26
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:10 AM
was that the one with the evil guy who wanted to infiltrate them or something, and these kids were so clean cut and upstanding it was rather revolting? there was a fat kid and he was bribed with a big tin of lollies once. they wore blue tee-shirts.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:51 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
The World of David the Gnome
Old 11-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I used to like The Herbs. It was so cute! (In the UK, kids' TV programmes seem to be repeated more often than Cash in the Attic!).

And to be for a second. Blue Peter was good. Diane Louise Jordan is an absolute legend
Plus I remember the whole Richard Bacon cocaine scandal well. They had a broadcast from the BBC's head of children's programming right in the middle of CBBC and everything.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
lol richard bacon. He was a childhood friend of mine, and was a bit of an idiot even then. He pooed on my bathroom floor when he was about 12 for no reason. And the toilet was in a seperate room

Old 11-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #30
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2
lol richard bacon. He was a childhood friend of mine, and was a bit of an idiot even then. He pooed on my bathroom floor when he was about 12 for no reason. And the toilet was in a seperate room

Well that explains a lot. I used to love the Herbs too, Parsley the Lion was my favourite and I vaguely remember the old glory days of Blue Peter with John Noakes, (come here Shep), Peter Purves and Valerie Singleton. Also loved the Magic Roundabout, the Clangers, White Horses, Mr Benn but the best of them all was Tiswas Saturday mornings have never been the same since.