Favourite decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Decade you prefer

• 50's and earlier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60's

• 70's

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 80's

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • 90's

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • 00's (so far)

• Total voters

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Overall, your favourite era for music? I reckon music is fairly well defined by it's time and each is identifiable even though there are a lot of overlaps and comebacks etc.

I love so much 80's music, so 80's it is.

Even so, I like my favorite band's more recent material better, although they've been around since 1980.

Definetely 80s. I dont know why....its just so........so.......80s. U2, REM, Bruce, you cant beat em

And now that I've been thinking about it some more. I'm even more confused.

Wait - I'm thinking

Ok - I will take you up on your generous offer.....

I change my vote to 70's....

Thanks Ms Harlem :wave:

i'm telling you, it's a difficult decision...

i ended up going with the 90s...

I'm surprised at how hard it is to narow it down too. But I guess this is lke one of those tests where you dont get your own mark. :huh:

Yeah, you know I love a whole lot of stuff from the 80's but I actually think there was so much great music put out in the 70's. The 80's songs were fun for the most part, but many of the 70's songs were better. I'll stick with the 80's, but it's a toughie.

i think all of those eras have something good and bad about them , and today's music , college radio stations , and everything else , just pick and choose , jelly beans , yummy

I refuse to vote in this. All the decades produced some excellent music. I do think it's a bit too early to confidently vote for the 00's though.
Shall I go for the '90s with experimental U2, excellent (and not so excellent) R.E.M., Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Urban Dance Squad and Spearhead?
Or will it be the '80s with anthemic U2, brooding R.E.M., excellent (and branching out) Elvis Costello, wonderful Tröckener Kecks?
Or maybe the '70s with early peaking Elvis Costello, excellent Bruce Springsteen (Darkness Tour!), peak Bob Marley and chameleonic David Bowie?
What about the '60s with The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Velvet Underground, Aretha Franklin, The Supremes and Jimi Hendrix Experience?
And then the '50s with Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, all those great blues records and don't forget Hank Williams and Chuck Berry!

:crazy:

Why choose when you can have it all?

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom