Favorite Word Verification Word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spiral_Staircase

War Child
What a great presale this morning! Ticketmaster's word verification page did wonders for my vocabulary as I spent 2 hours checking for tickets.

So the question is, what was your favorite word verification word from the presale?

Mine:

samovar - n. A metal urn with a spigot, used to boil water for tea and traditionally having a chimney heated by coals

gittith = \Git"tith\, n. [Heb.] A musical instrument, of unknown character, supposed by some to have been used by the people of Gath, and thence obtained by David. It is mentioned in the title of Psalms viii., lxxxi., and lxxxiv. --Dr. W. Smith.

I thought it was like, "Thou wilt gittith a ticket" :grumpy:

I had one that I thought said "screwed". I laughed my ass off.

Turns out that it was black lettering on a splotchy dark gray background and actually said "sinewed", but it makes it no less ironic. :lmao:

Wouldn't picking out the words for that be a fun job? (yeah, I know it's all automated, but stiil... it would be a fun job if it existed).

zeugma: A construction in which a single word, especially a verb or an adjective, is applied to two or more nouns when its sense is appropriate to only one of them or to both in different ways,

took me and extra 10 seconds to try and read it

"gruelly"

is that even a real word? i'm too lazy to look it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom