Favorite Super Bowl commercials?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorGonzo

War Child
Apple 1984 - The iorny is that Apple has become exactly like the "Big Brother" it depicts as the enemy in the commercial.

Apple "Lemmings" - A bunch of businessmen walking off the edge of a cliff. Someone thought mass-suicide was a great marketing ploy. They thought wrong. The ad bombed horribly.

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Apple 1984 - The iorny is that Apple has become exactly like the "Big Brother" it depicts as the enemy in the commercial.

Um... HOW?

That said, "1984" is a great one, but my favorite is probably the ETS(?) cat herding ad. Sick, sick, sick.

the EDS ad, that's a classic!!
smile.gif
Loved the part with the old cowpoke sitting around the fire grooming his cat with a lint roller...

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
my favorite is probably the ETS(?) cat herding ad.

oh...well *this* sucks:
http://www.adcritic.com/why/

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-29-2002).]

Um... HOW?

Apple has shown a desire to exert more control over their users than even Microsoft. The fact they are a bit player makes them able to avoid the mass-scorn leveled at their leading competitor. They have some major control freak, "screw the users" tendancies that rival Microsoft.

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 01-29-2002).]

1. The monster.com commercial where all the little kids are asked what they want to do when they grow up. "I want to have a brown nose." "I want to be overworked and underappreciated." "I want to be forced into early retirement."

2. The E-Trade commercial with the two guys and the monkey performing "La Cucaracha" (if I remember correctly). "Well, we just blew two million bucks. What are you doing with your money?"

I personally loved the old Budweiser commercial where they had the two little dalmations separated at birth, one grew up to be a firehouse dog, the other rode on the budweiser truck . Then they show each other riding past each other year later, and the one on the Bud truck sticks its tongue out on the other one. Much much funnier on TV than in writing
biggrin.gif

------------------
Holy Jesus, Holy rock and roll...

it's interesting when a cultural spectacle, the super bowl, begets yet another spectacle, the ads surrounding the super bowl.
much like the concerns of guy de Bord, i believe that was his name.

------------------
november 12th 1955

Back
Top Bottom