Favorite single line...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonosgirl84 said:
really, though, you could fill this entire thread with REM lyrics.

I'd post all of Find the River, but that's too much of a cop-out.

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul"
-Bob Dylan (Don't Think Twice, It's All Right)
I love that line:yes:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'd post all of Find the River, but that's too much of a cop-out.

God, yes. My favourite line from that song, though, is really "There is nothing left to grow, but ginger, lemon, indigo, coriander stem and rose of hay."

I love that, somehow. I love the weird images that line conjures up, I love the sheer beauty of the way it seems so nonsensical but at the same time fits in so well with the rest of the song. Love it. Love it. 'Find the River' :heart:

not one single line I guess, but
I don't want to disappoint you. I'm not here to anoint you. I would lick your feet but is that the sickest move, I wear my own crown, and sadness, and sorrow, and who'd of thought tomorrow could be so strange? My loss. And here we go again.

R.E.M. - E-bow, the letter

and of course
I love you cause I need to, not because I need you

U2 - Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)

and before I fotget

This is my world and I am "Wold Leader Pretend"

R.E.M. - World Leader Pretend

Well, I'm going to not include U2 lyrics because I will be here all night.

"And I will try to fix you." -Coldplay "Fix You" [Sadly this was put on the worst single lines thread. I cried...sorta...hahaha]

"Insanity laughs. Under pressure we're breaking." -Queen and David Bowie "Under Pressure"

"And it's like a pain that never goes away, and it always starts today. You are home to me." -Josh Kelley "Home To Me"

"I look up to everything you are. In my eyes you do no wrong." -Josh Groban "You're Still You"

"I am here for you if you'd only care." -James Blunt "Goodbye My Lover" :reject:

"Even if I lived til I was 102, I just don't think I'll ever get over you." -I can't believe I blanked out on his name "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You"

There are so many more...I haven't even picked out the best ones yet.

another one...

Audioslave - I Am The Highway

opening line... I just love the flow

Pearls and swine bereft of me
Long and weary my road has been
I was lost in the cities
Alone in the hills
No sorrow or pity for leaving I feel

Yeah it's kinda hard to single out one line or verse right now but the only one that sticks out right now is

"As I took him in my arms he screamed I'M NOT INSANE!
I'm just looking for someone to understand my pain"

Five for Fighting ~ The Devil in the Wishing Well

Right now, my favorite lyrics are all contained within Franz Ferdinand's "I'm Your Villain". :love:

Of course, Beck's Sea Change album has some brilliant lyrics on it, and finally:

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make".

:)

Back
Top Bottom