Favorite quotes of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Every evil tyrant has a plan to rule the world. The good people don't seem to have the knack."

"People -think- they want good government and justice for all, yet what is it they really crave, deep in their hearts? Only that things go on as normal and tomorrow is pretty much like today."

- Lord Vetinari

Dr. Peter Venkman: Alice, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetant?

Librarian Alice: My uncle thought he was Saint Jerome.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'd call that a big yes. Uh, are you habitually using drugs? Stimulants? Alcohol?

Librarian Alice: No.

Dr. Peter Venkman: No, no. Just asking. Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?

Library Administrator: What's has that got to do with it?

Dr. Peter Venkman: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.

No spoken words said:
Here is a quote I actually do like a lot:

"I inherit nothing. I stand at the end of no tradition. I may, perhaps, stand at the beginning of one."

I like that!

night_and_day66 said:
Dr. Peter Venkman: Alice, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetant?

Can we just put the whole movie here? Because the whole thing is full of quotey goodness.

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought." - Buddha

corianderstem said:

Can we just put the whole movie here? Because the whole thing is full of quotey goodness.

It really is.
:yes:

One more favorite line:

Dr. Peter Venkman: What did you DO, Ray?
Winston Zeddemore: Oh, shit!
Dr Ray Stantz: It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

ok, I'm done.

Ok, now a serious favorite quote:

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, Who are YOU NOT TO BE?
You are a child of God...

Your playing small doesn't serve the world.

THERE'S NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU.
We were born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us...ALL of us.
And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Nelson Mandela

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin?
My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.
My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink.
He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.
Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy.
The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons.
In the spring we'd make meat helmets.
When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really.
At the age of twelve I received my first scribe.
At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles.
There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Dr. Evil

night_and_day66 said:

It really is.
:yes:

One more favorite line:

Dr. Peter Venkman: What did you DO, Ray?
Winston Zeddemore: Oh, shit!
Dr Ray Stantz: It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

ok, I'm done.

:heart: Loveth. :heart: Matter of fact, I just watched this again last night on Spike TV - for at least the 100th time. :yes: :up:

As for quotes, I believe one of my faves actually came from Kirk Cobain: I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I am not.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it

waynetravis said:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it

'Life is what happens while you're busy'- J. Lennon

;)

"When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a funny man or a great boss? My answer's always the same, to me, they're not mutually exclusive"

David Brent.

1stepcloser said:
"When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a funny man or a great boss? My answer's always the same, to me, they're not mutually exclusive"

David Brent.

Words of wisdom from the "chilled out entertainer".

Back
Top Bottom