Favorite Quotes(NON U2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RadioSweetheart

The Fly
If this is in the wrong place then please move thanks!!

MLK:

We are not makers of history. We are made by history

There can be no deep disappointment where there is no deep love

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous then sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

A riot is the language of the unheard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buddha:

Neither fire or wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds

~~~~~~~~

Be back later with more!! :heart:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attempt to destroy you, then you win."----Gandhi.

"I loved you for your beauty, but that doesn't make a fool of me. You were in it for your beauty too." Leonard Cohen.

"Alcohol is proof that God wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin.

"It takes big brains and big balls to play this game, and you've got too little of one and too much of the other." Eddie Felson to Vince in "The Color of Money".

"Is it funny, no? When the rocket ship explodes everybody still wants to fly. Some say a man ain't man until a man truly dies." Prince

"You might be the President or you might be the Pope, but you're gonna have to serve somebody". Bob Dylan.

"Domo Arigoto, Mr. Roboto...Domo....Domo": Styx.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present...controls the past." Zack De La Rocha

I love finding cool quotes and saving them...here's a few I'm particularly fond of-some are serious, some are funny:

?I can?t believe people have been killed, ever, there is no cause worth killing innocent people over.?-My friend Sean

?The next time you think about making fun of someone, walk a mile in their shoes first. That way, when you do make fun of them, you?ll be a mile away and have their shoes.?-Anonymous

?Don?t miss the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for the pot of gold.?-Anon

?If a hug represented how much I love you, I would hold you in my arms forever.?-Anon

?Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us all without words??-Marcel Marceau

?Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky, and thought to myself, Where the heck is the ceiling??-Anon

?You know you love someone when all you want is for them to be happy, even if that happiness means that you?re not a part of it.?-Anon

?Mankind must put an end to war. Or war will put an end to mankind.?-J.F.K.

?Today?s country music is just really bad rock packaged as country music.?-Tom Petty

?This record is dedicated to everyone who loves music just a little bit more than money.?-On the back inside cover of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers? latest CD, The Last DJ

?If at first you don?t succeed, skydiving is not for you.?-Unknown

?We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.? -Agnes Rippler (this is my all-time favorite quote)

?Who says that if you see the glass as half empty, you need therapy? You?re just thirsty.?-Crystal Light Iced Tea ad

?I wish that for just one time, you could stand inside my shoes. You?d know what a drag it is to see you.?-Bob Dylan, ?Positively 4th Street?

?It?s meeting the man of my dreams...and then meeting his beautiful wife.?-Alanis Morissette, ?Ironic?

?It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a new bomber.?-Unknown

?Assassination is the extreme form of censorship.?-George Bernard Shaw

?Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.?-Unknown

?Procrastinators unite...tomorrow!?-Unknown

?Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!?-Unknown

?If four out of five people SUFFER from diarrhea, does that mean that one ENJOYS it??-Found on a paper outside my drama classroom

?May their souls rest easy now that lynching is frowned upon. We?ve moved on to the electric chair.?-Ani DiFranco

?A hug is a great gift-one size fits all, and it?s easy to exchange.?-Anon

?Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least.?-Goethe

?We remember what we hadn?t understood until life caught up with the information and the light went on.?-Frank Conroy

?The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.?-Eleanor Roosevelt

?Our words reveal our thoughts. Our manners mirror our self-esteem. Our actions reflect our character. Our habits predict the future.?-William Arthur Ward

?Stand up for what is right, even if you?re standing alone.?-Unknown

?What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular.?-Unknown

?I actually believe God is a good person. He just has really bad PR people.?-Unknown

?I may disagree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.?-Voltaire

?There are more love songs than anything else. If music could make us do something, we?d all love one another.?-Frank Zappa

?To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.?-Theodore Roosevelt

Angela

Last edited:
These quotes aren't mine, I believe and live by some and the others just make me laugh.

it's not like if angels
could truly look down
stir up the trappings
and light on the ground
remind us of what, when, why or who
that how's up to us, me and you.
and now is greater than the whole of the past- Michael Stipe

"I'm gonna live til I die-no more, no less." -Eddie Izzard

Here comes a storm in the form of a girl, she's the finest, sweetest thing in the world.- Courtney Love

If the sides of your face don't hurt then you're not smiling enough :)- from "Black Books"

beware the false motives of others, be careful of those who pretend to be brothers, and you never suppose that it's those who are closest to you, do you?
They say all the right things to gain their position, and use your kindness as their ammunition, to shoot you down in the name of ambition, they do- Lauryn Hill

Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter- it gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark- anon

"Alone"
Sometimes, when I'm alone,
I think about Ketchup,
Because I know that the truth is that
Its just sitting there in a bottle, by itself.
I'm pretty sure it's red.
Sometimes when I'm with Ketchup,
I think about being alone,
In a bottle.
Standing next to the mustard all day.
-a poem by Chester

"there's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes."- Billy Connolly

life is a lot like a hot bath, it feels good while you're in it, but the longer you stay the more wrinkled you get.- Garfield

the early bird may get the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese- anon

I have inner peace and outer obnoxiousness.-from Peanuts

Professionals built the Titanic- Amateurs built the Arc.-anon

What part of your history's reinvented and under rug swept? What part of your memory is selective and tends to forget? - Alanis Morrisette

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.-anon

-Don't do bad things, only do good things
-Always treat your neighbour like someone who lives near to you
-Never put a sock in a toaster
-Never put jam on a magnet
-Never throw your granny in a bag
-Never suck the juice out of a vampire
-Never lean over on a Tuesday
Eddie Izzard

"D'you think it's easy to wear lipstick?"-Eddie Izzard

"Ugh, I hate it when men ask you to try to understand. Why can't they be honest and tell you to shut up?"- Grace from "Will&Grace"

I'll see you in heaven if you make the list, yeah yeah yeah yeah.- Michael Stipe

"The 3 true branches of the US government are Military, Corporate and Hollywood." Hyde from "That 70's Show

"They call'em fingers but, I've never seen 'em fing" Otto in The Simpsons

What you want might make you cry, and what you need might pass you by if you don't catch it.- Lauryn Hill

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called "research"- Albert Einstein

You know when you've found it,there's something I've learned, cos you feel it when they take it away- Damien Rice

"I always wondered if there was a God and now I know there is, and it's me" Homer Simpson

actually most of these are fairly lighthearted. Ihave no idea where my more serious ones are hiding.....

When I discover who I am, I?ll be free. - Ralph Ellison

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country - JFK

For of those to whom much is given, much is required -JFK

But peace does not rest in the charters and covenants alone. It lies in the hearts and minds of all people. So let us not rest all our hopes on parchment and on paper, let us strive to build peace, a desire for peace, a willingness to work for peace in the hearts and minds of all of our people. I believe that we can. I believe the problems of human destiny are not beyond the reach of human beings. JFK

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - JFK

Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not." Senator Robert F. Kennedy

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle :D

You are the only author of the dictionary that defines who you are

Last edited:
"Do what you will do,
I will watch with you" - Will Oldham

"GIT GOING !!!!!" - Anna

"How can you see looking through those tears
Don't you know your worth your weight in gold" - Greedy Smith

"I have a very self-depreciating sense of humour
well, I wouldn't actually call it a sense of humour though" - me

"this is my world and I am
World Leader Pretend" - Michael Stipe

Life is too important to take seriously.
Corky Siegel

All people want is someone to listen.
Hugh Elliott

Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
Thomas Jones

You can't stay mad at somebody who makes you laugh.
Jay Leno

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.
Oscar Wilde

I can resist anything but temptation.
Oscar Wilde

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.
Oscar Wilde

Love is temporary insanity curable by marriage.
Ambrose Bierce

Lady Astor: Sir, you're drunk!
Winston Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.

Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into a even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Hard work often pays off over time, but laziness pays off now.
- unknown

Last edited:
quotes

"what happens to a dream deferred? does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? or fester like a sore and then run? does it stink like rotten meat? or crust and sugar over like a syrupy sweet? does it sag like a heavy load? or does it explode? - langstong hughes

I promise that one day everything will be better for you. - donnie darko

"you're not your job. you're not how much money you have in the bank. you're not the car you drive. you're not the contents of your wallet. you're not your fucking khakis. you're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." - tyler durden (brad pitt) from fight club

"a lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - winston churchill

"talent does what it can; genius does what it must." - edward george bulwer-lytton

women are meant to be loved, not to be understood. -oscar wilde

"people ask me for the truth, my truth, and they?re angered with me when i give it to them because it wasn?t what they wanted to hear." -anonymous

"the difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - unknown

"and you've been so busy lately that you haven't found the time to open up your mind and watch the world spinning gently out of time." - blur, out of time

When the child was a child, It was the time for these questions: Why am I me, and why not you?
Why am I here, and why not there? When did time begin, and where does space end? Is life under the sun not just a dream? Is what I see and hear and smell not just an illusion of a world before the world? Given the facts of evil and people. does evil really exist? How can it be that I, who I am, didn?t exist before I came to be, and that, someday, I, who I am, will no longer be who I am? - Peter Handke

Stop crying now here comes the sun
I didn't mean to hurt you
It takes time to see what you have done
So I wean myself off slowly
And now it seems that we're falling apart, but I hope I see the good in you come back again. I just believed in you.
- Blur, Sweet song

"Let us go get the shit kicked out of us by love." - Sam (actor?) from Love Actually

Dr. Lilian Thurman: If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories.

Jimmy Rabbitte, Sr.: Is this the band then? Betcha U2 are shittin' themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom