Favorite Queen Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
I have a horrid confession ...

... if it isn't on a Queen Greatest Hits CD, I don't think I've heard it.

:reject:

I have an even more horrid confession... I don't even own any Hits CDs of theirs, let alone the albums!

Screwtape2 said:

Stop whatever you are doing, get up and go get A Night At The Opera. Freddie Mercury will become your new god for an hour.

I can't. I took my contacts out already, have on sweatpants, and can't find my shoes.

:wink:

corianderstem said:

I can't. I took my contacts out already, have on sweatpants, and can't find my shoes.

:wink:

I'll upload it and put it on LJ for you. :drool: A Night At The Opera is the greatest rock album ever released.

Zootlesque said:

I thought that was Achtung Baby.

Nope, A Night At The Opera. Perfect from start to finish. There's only one song I'm not wild about on it, and I'm in the Queen fan minority regarding that one.

corianderstem said:
:love:

If the mountain can't come to Queen, Queen shall come to the mountain.

Actually, I'll send it to you via PM. Too lazy to open up LJ. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

I'll upload it and put it on LJ for you. :drool: A Night At The Opera is the greatest rock album ever released.

Except for Abbey Road.

And OK Computer.

And The Joshua Tree.

And Achtung Baby.

And The White Album.

And a bunch of others.

Ok, I'll admit, I've never actually listened to ANATO all the way through(in fact I've only ever listened to one non-hits Queen record all the way through), but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't rank it even in my top ten records of all time.

namkcuR said:
Ok, I'll admit, I've never actually listened to ANATO all the way through(in fact I've only ever listened to one non-hits Queen record all the way through), but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't rank it even in my top ten records of all time.

Well, at least you can say you didn't even really try.

namkcuR said:

That doesn't make very much sense to me. How could you objectively claim that you wouldn't place it in your top ten if you've never actually listened to it before? Queen albums are very different from Queen greatest hits collections.

namkcuR said:

How can you judge an album without listening to it straight through? :huh:

Of everyone on Interference, I'd think you are one of the last people that wouldn't like ANATO.

I'm listening to '39 right now for the first time in quite a while. God, I forgot how fantastic this song is. Brian May's voice is like honey.

Perhaps I didn't word my previous post as well as I could have; what I meant to say was that I can think of my top ten records of all time, and I can't imagine ANATO knocking any of those ten out. Now, of course this isn't an objective opinion - it's just a guess based on my feelings for the records in my top ten and my feelings on the Queen songs I have heard(which is in the neighborhood of 40-50 songs). My guess could be right or wrong. And I never said that I wouldn't like the record. I think I would probably like it very much.

With no order:
The Show Must go on
Scandal
Under Pressure
Innuendo
The Hitman :rockon:
As you can see I like their latter stuff, especially Innuendo(Album)-They showed that they were able to make masterpiece in their 40's, unlike U2:wink:

I just listened to A Night At the Opera.

:up:

Pretty damned good. This is going on my wishlist.

Thanks, GibsonGirl!

^^ u2 made a masterpeice in their 40's ( album ) and some amazing songs.

My Fav queen songs

Radio Ga Ga
Under Pressure ( with bowie)
Some body to love
These are the days of our lives

Back
Top Bottom