Favorite Pizza Joint (includes corporate brand)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well for me it has to be Giovanni's Pizza in San Francisco. The Pizza is delicious. Made from scratch. The owners are sweet. Greek owners in their 70's :ohmy: who will let you pay later if you are short a few bills. People actually come back and pay because they always tell them they trust people. They will sometimes give you free greek salad to go along with your meal. In the Outer Mission Street in San Francisco.

Giovanni's Pizzeria & Italian

(415) 647-6122
3839 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110

"Review"
told all my friends about this place
By savela1 reviews

The owners of this little famly style restrant are so welcoming and friendly, the service was excelent but most of all the food was so tasty the pizza was crispy on the bottom with mouth watering topping, my wife ordered pasta which was cooked to perfection with a homeade meat sauce seasoned very well. A little crowded so you might want to go early or make reservations.

Last edited:
Mario's Pizza
3291 E State Street Ext
Mercerville, NJ 08619

You haven't had real pizza until you've had theirs.

Giordano's in Chicago - eat there every time, though the worst service I've ever had was there)

Andreea's Pizza locally - "Grand Rapids' best kept secret!"

Papa John's because my school/work gets a special deal from one of the local joints, and I love the garlic dipping sauce

pizzathehut.jpg

Pizza The Hut??!!

Kingy's Pizza in Canal Winchester, Ohio (outside of Columbus). I grew up on this stuff and everytime I go home, I make sure to stop by and stuff myself. It is still the most incredible pizza I've ever had. :drool:

I had the worst pizza last week, which was supposed to be the best pizza in town at Armand's (Tenleytown). I got so sick, I couldn't eat a full meal until 2 days later. Now I'm afraid to even look at cheese. :(

Papa Dells (not a chain)

located on the university of Illinois campus, it was the best pizza I've ever tasted

I pretty much love all pizza, except for the places that pass off huge slabs of dough as pizza. This is unacceptable.

Does anyone remember when McDonald's in Canada had pizza? I ate a full one years ago...memories.

I'd have to say Pizza Hut is the best I've had.

I am an East Coast pizza snob...and proud of it!

Angelo's Pizzeria in the town I grew up in in NJ.

Others that work well:

Punch Wood Fire Pizza in St. Paul, MN
Ray's in NYC
Buca Di Beppo (all over the U.S.)

I'm Ready said:
Papa Dells (not a chain)

:drool:

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
California Pizza Kitchen :drool:

LOVE them. The Thai pizza ... the Tostada pizza! Oh, yum.

My favorite non-chain pizza restaurant is The Pizza Place in North Bend, WA. It's a Chicago-style place, and the best pizza is the pizza where it's crust, filling, crust on top as well, and the sauce comes on the side.

SO. GOOD.

I also think Papa Murphy's does a really good job with the take-and-bake thing. Cheap pizza, tastes great. :up:

I worked at Boston Pizza for a couple years, it's pretty good pizza. We have a local pizza place called Gondolla Pizza and thats my fav.

In the Birmingham (Alabama) area:

Traditional/thin crust: Jim Davenport's Pizza Palace, Mountain Brook
Chicago Style: Tortuga's, Hoover or Pelham
Buffet: Pizza Pro (I think they are out of Georgia; it features dessert pizzas at the end)

Chain: Papa John's

In New York, I had some very good take-out "New York style" pizza from a hole-in-the-wall chain that's all over Manhattan (NOT Sbarro's), and a small, family-owned sit-down pizza restaurant chain on Long Island, complete with draft beer; I can't remember the names of either of those.

Frozen: Digiorno or Tombstone

~U2Alabama

used to eat Giordano's frequently but then a story about rat feces surfaced and I haven't been back. I know that doesn't apply to all the restaurants in the chain, but still haven't been back.

Gino's is good, haven't had that in a while.
love Home Run Inn pizza as well.

surprisingly, I'm not a huge fan of deep dish, but since I wasn't born or raised here, I'm used to the thin crust back on the east coast (in triangles and not squares!) :drool:

if I remember correctly there was a really good pizza place on Long Island, called La Piazza. don't remember where exactly it was though. I used to visit Plainview a lot, so it was around there I think.

as far as chains go, I was a big fan of Papa John's cheese/garlic breadstick things, dipped in the garlic butter sauce :drool: but of course we don't have Papa John's in the local area anymore :grumpy:

I think I still have plenty of pizza places to try here in Chicago. don't think I've scratched the surface at all!

as a kid i loved shakey's pizza. i havent eaten there since. i think they're dying out.

other favorites:

california pizza kitchen

pizza hut

dominos

zoney, you reminded me!!!

I :heart: :heart: Buca Di Beppo's margarita pizza!!! :drool: If you havent tried it, go now. RIGHT NOW! :giggle: kidding, but really, its a delicious pizza. The thin crust :drool: stringy cheese :drool: and that flavor :drool:

icelle said:
as a kid i loved shakey's pizza. i havent eaten there since. i think they're dying out.

Used to go to Shakey's all of the time. Loved their pizza so much :love:

As for my favorite place to get pizza:

Domino's
Pizza Hut (When it's not heavy on the sauce)

Love Chicago stuffed pizza :drool: Never remember the name of who get it through when Im out there though :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom