Favorite one-hit wonders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One Night in Bangkok RULES! I can't believe I forgot that one.

Ooh, and how about the ultimate in cheesy weirdness: "Puttin' On the Ritz" by Taco! :lol:

Falco had Der Kommisar though.

Although I prefer the After the Fire version, myself.

All I can picture is a piece of poop with a mushroom coming out of it.

But it's a happy mushroom.

corianderstem said:
One Night in Bangkok RULES! I can't believe I forgot that one.

Ooh, and how about the ultimate in cheesy weirdness: "Puttin' On the Ritz" by Taco! :lol:

I believe I posted that already. Along with Argent's HOLD YOUR HEAD UP :rockon: :wink: :kiss:

And Love & Rockets had a couple of other songs, like Kundalini Express, Ball Of Confusion (cover), No New Tale To Tell...

More 70s for you

Minnie Ripperton - Loving You
Van McCoy - The Hustle
Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around and Fell in Love
Morris Albert - Feelings
Vickie Sue Robinson - Turn The Beat Around
Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
Nick Gilder - Hot Child in the City
Sniff 'n' the Tears - Driver's Seat
David Naughton - Makin' It

I don't know if this was really a hit, but I do have a soft spot for the Bloodhound Gang's "The Roof Is On Fire." "Banditos" by the Refreshments is another great one.

Does anybody else remember a song called "Kite" by Nick Heyward? It came out sometime in the mid 90s. I recently tracked it down. It wasn't a hit, but it was a great song.

There's "Some Day, Some Way" by Marshall Crenshaw, a sentimental favorite of mine.

I don't have as many one-hit wonders in my iTunes as I thought I did.

Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting

Tag Team - Whoomp there it is

I know of a Bran Van 3000 song - Everywhere - The Practical Magic movie soundtrack :love: :love:

The first one that came to mind was Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight, not necessarily a favorite though, I was 37 when I found out what they were really talking about, thanks VH1

I have that Marshall Crenshaw song too!

C&C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
Dave Lindley - Mercury Blues
Graham Parker - Local Girls
Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
Sam The Sham & The Pharoahs - Wooly Bully
Tracy Chapman - Give Me One More Reason
Troggs - Wild Thing
Wayne Fontana - The Game Of Love
The Oneders (Wonders) - That Thing You Do :wink:

Devo had lots more tracks. NOT a one-hit wonder Zoots!

Girl You Want
Satisfaction (RS Cover)
Secret Agent Man
Freedom Of Choice
Beautiful World

Whip.gif
:wink:

Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me) - Steve Harvey and the Cockney Rebel

... unless they were some huge act in the British Isles and had more hits.

No Rain by Blind Melon.

I'm listening to it right now and smiling like a madman. If this song doesn't make you happy, you have no soul.

It made me happy until approximately the 15,635,653rd time I heard it. All these years later, I still can't escape the song and the image of that damned bee girl in my head. :mad:

Blind Melon did this really beautiful song called Change. It's a shame that they'll be remembered for No Rain instead of that.

corianderstem said:
It made me happy until approximately the 15,635,653rd time I heard it. All these years later, I still can't escape the song and the image of that damned bee girl in my head. :mad:

I love bee girl. She was so happy when she pranced in the meadow with the other bee people.

I'll have to check out Change then. :up:

Back
Top Bottom