Favorite non-U2 concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoney! said:

Ride/Slowdive - MPLS

:drool:

Around 1991, Ride was possibly my favorite band, up there with U2. What a majestic, skin-shearing wall of sound. Such a shame to see them implode after Going Blank. I really wish I could have seen them live.

angelordevil said:

:no:....:wink:

Springsteen at the Skydome in Toronto in '92 was a revelation for me...I went with my dad, who is a life-long fan. I was a casual fan, and too young to remember his early stuff...but he absolutely owned the place. At the end of the show, I was clapping along, my eyes as wide as saucers, to a song I was hearing for the first time: "Working on the highway." He had this undescribable charisma, and remains, in my opinion, one of those rare artists who are actually better live than on recording.

Others who fit that bill for me were Pearl Jam in Toronto in 2000 (can't wait to see both shows in St. John's this fall:)), U2 in TO, 2001....my first U2 show, and INXS in Toronto in 1988...I can barely remember it, except for the cool shirt my dad bought me, and their fantastic lead singer....a man no band in their right mind would dare to replace on a reality-tv show. :|
:lol:
<< I'm a claymate :p

My Dad and I got tickets last minute to Bryan Adams when he was playing here. We winded up getting some of the best seats in the house, near the side of the stage. Our arena holds about 6500 for hockey, and probably around 8000 with floor seats. When he came out on the wing, he was right there. Really incredible. Great show, he played all of the songs we knew (and a few goodies that I'd forgotten)

John Prine also put on a great show. That guy is unstoppable. Do a song, take a drink of water, go into the next song. He played for nearly three hours straight.. even his band took a break and he just kept on truckin'. It was great.

I've seen Garnet Rogers in concert so many times now it's hard to pick one show of his that was the best. He continues to make great music and put on wonderful shows. He never really plays the songs the same way either, he's always fiddling around with them. Was listening to a concert from Club Passim online and was quite surprised when he did Stans Northwest Passage on guitar. I've seen him do it on the fiddle (which always gives me chills) but this was a totally different thing. It took a few verses for me to get into it though, but he can totally make it work.

Back
Top Bottom