Favorite movies of 2004?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't get to see as many as I would have liked to, so...

1. Lost In Translation
2. Before Sunset
3. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Everything else was slightly underwhelming

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is maybe my all-time favorite movie

I saw a total of 5 movies in the theater in 2004 and I didn't rent anything. Normally I see just about every single movie that's out. Weird.

Anyways I don't really have a favorite since all of the ones I saw were pretty lame.

i missed a lot of movies that i really wanted to see this year (including the motorcycle diaries), mostly because my city is horrible for only showing mainstream bullshit. :mad: of what i did see, my favourites would have to be:

garden state
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
kill bill vol 2

and for sheer escapism:

spiderman 2

*edit to add support to Queen Bee's enjoyment of Shrek 2. it was a fun movie.

:up:

Last edited:
Kill Bill 2
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I think I've seen only those 2 this year... :|

Motorcycle Diaries
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
Kill Bill 2
Ray
Mystic River (i saw it this year, dont know when it came out)

im sure im forgetting other ones at the moment due to my chemical imbalances

As of now:

1. The Incredibles (this may sound ridiculous, but this went beyond animation for me and was the best superhero movie I have seen and the best James Bond type movie I have seen, plus it was funny)
2. Hero
3. Harry Potter
4. Kill Bill Vol. 2
5. Finding Neverland
6. Eternal Sunshine
7. Kinsey

Still need to see Garden State, Sideways, The Aviator, Million Dollar Baby and Hotel Rwanda. They all have a chance of making the list.

I still want to see Closer and Garden State, and I forgot about Harry Potter so that can be added.

And oh yeah. The Aviator. Scorsese beeyatch.

So far...

Garden State
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (this was my favorite book, though, too, so I may be a bit biased)

I'm planning a massive trip to the movies next week to check out Closer, The Aviator, Finding Neverland, and maybe a few more.

Finding Neverland
The Motorcycle Diaries
The Corporation
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Hero

Fahrenheit 911
Collateral
Bourne Supremacy
Finding Neverland
The Aviator
Ray
DeLovely
Terminal

I haven't seen Phantom yet, and I just rented Garden State and Before Sunset

I think most of these have been mentioned already....

Eternal Sunshine...
Garden State
Sideways
Kill Bill 2

I just saw 'Collateral' and thought it was really good too - when it came out in the theaters, the reviews made it sound like it was just OK. But I thought the acting was excellent.

I'm not sure if I want to put 'Closer' on my list. I was a very powerful movie that stayed with me, but it was almost traumatizing to watch!

1.Garden State
2.Meet The Fockers
3.Spiderman 2

I haven't seen Hotel Rowanda yet, but it would probably knock out Spiderman 2 :wink:

I have to say that Monster was a great acting movie but the story line is intense. Then i would say Garden State. I haven't seen many movies this year. although Jude Law is hot, Alphie was pretty bad. I have to go see The fockers, I have been waiiting for it to come out and now it is.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom