Favorite Movie Scenes / Lines - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2006, 01:23 AM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:42 AM
Favorite Movie Scenes / Lines

We all have favorite scenes or lines from movies.
Pick a movie and tell about your favorite scene(s)/line(s) from it.

Dead Poet's Society

I love the end, just when Mr. Keating (Robin Williams) starts to walk out of the room - he walks by Todd (Ethan Hawke) and pauses, continues walking, and Todd is about to burst. He tries to speak up and say that (Robert Sean Leonard) Neil's death wasn't and is told to sit down by the dean/head teacher (Mr. Nolan). As Mr. Keating is about to reach the door out of the classroom, Neil stands up on his desk and says 'Oh Captain My Captain'. The music is playing (Maurice Jarre), and is building louder and louder as many of the students follow Todd's lead by standing on the desk. And then the camera is back on Mr. Keating, who then says: Thank You Boys, Thank You. Camera pans back to Neil (thru the legs of another student) standing on his desk and the movie ends.

as close as I could find to my description above

Old 01-22-2006, 02:05 AM   #2
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Re: Favorite Movie Scenes / Lines

Good idea Lila!

OK a movie that stands out to me probably due to the timing and where I was at that point in my life is SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT, with Dennis Quaid, Julia Roberts, Robert Duvall, Kyra Sedgewick....

There is a scene early on in the movie which is about a character Julia Roberts plays, Grace, a demure prim small town wife who discovers her husband Eddie (Dennis Quaid) is having an affair AND it's not his first....so basically it's a story that follows Grace and her family through the ups and downs and antics involved in this small town drama. It's really about a woman's personal renewal after the break up of her marriage.

I think the scene is about a Charity League Club Meeting where Grace stands up and in front of everyone publicly embarrasses her husband by demanding to know who all has slept with her husband?

Not long after this scene, Grace moves in with her feisty wise-mouthed sister Emma Rae, played by Kyra Sedgewick, who is intent on helping Grace cope and get through the gossip and survive her impending divorce.

I found it hysterical because I'd pretty much gone through the same public humiliations and could relate to the characters and emotion in the movie, but it really made me laugh and feel good.

P.S. It ends on a good and happy note.

Old 01-22-2006, 03:03 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

I like when they dance together near the end and the big party, and then a scene or two later (the end) she comes home from school and finds him cooking dinner for the 2 of them. Love his smile!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:16 AM   #4
Blue Crack Overdose

I know, I really love that movie. Dennis Quaid is sooo cute! I think they cast that movie real well too. It didn't get great reviews, but I love it.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:42 AM
I love the scene in On Golden Pond when Jane Fonda and her Dad talk about their relationship (the one on the dock when she's trying to get the courage to jump ). I can't remember the exact lines even though I've seen it so many times. I think it's very powerful because it mirrored their real life relationship

Good Will Hunting-when Matt Damon's character tells off those Harvard jerks in the bar, all the great scenes between him and Robin Williams

the beach scene in From Here To Eternity

Pretty Woman-when she goes back to the snooty boutique, and the ending scene w/ Richard Gere

When Harry Met Sally-I'll have what she's having
Old 01-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 01-23-2006, 09:24 AM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 05:42 AM
The scene in Henry V when King Henry [Kenneth Branagh] is wooing Princess Katherine [Emma Thompson] and he doesn't speak French and she doesn't speak "Anglaise." Charming and funny and sweet.

The scene in Bridget Jones when Darcy and Daniel fight in the street and again the scenes in 2 when they fight in the fountain. Also the scene when Darcy comes over on Bridget's birthday and the whole atmosphere of the edge of possibilities and that line in the toast i.e. liking her 'just the way she is.'
Old 01-23-2006, 09:29 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I just thought of another one, the funeral scene in Four Weddings And A Funeral

The kissing scene on the bike in Top Gun
Old 01-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #9
War Child

Office Space - the whole fax machine episode - especially the music - "It's good to be a gangsta"
Old 01-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I know there are others that I'm not thinking of right now, but what comes to mind immediately is the chase scene in Raising Arizona. The one that starts after Holly Hunter leaves Nic Cage at the Quikie Mart as he's robbing it & ends with him hitching a ride with the oldster who tells him he's got "a panty" on his head. (He's pulled a pair of pantyhose over his face for the robbery & never removed them while being chased.)

Actually, that whole damn movie is just one great scene after another. I never get tired of watching it.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

I can't narrow it to just one.

And that's the fact, Jack!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Old 01-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Just about any line from

Reservoir Dogs

or

Braveheart

Old 01-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #14
Blue Crack Overdose

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowKite
Office Space - the whole fax machine episode - especially the music - "It's good to be a gangsta"

Office Space is a classic! We use many lines from that movie in my office all the time! "have you seen my stapler", "do you have my paycheck", "Uhhhhhh YEah.....", and don't forget to wear as many pieces of flair as you can!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Can it get any better than Spinal Tap?!?!?!

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and....
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [Pause.] These go to eleven.