Favorite Movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
Just curious what is your favorite movie?

I always struggle to name just one, but right now my # 1 favorite is :
Royal Tenebaums- gets better every time I see it.

Close 2nd(s):
raising arizona, bottle rocket, heat & magnolia.

Sorry, no way could I choose lol!

I love lots of different films so I'll give you a couple...

Godfather trilogy
Back to the future Trilogy
Goodfellas
Gladiator
Dirty Dancing :reject:
Willy Wonka and The Chocolate factory

Ok and a film called Billy Liar, which cracked me up :giggle:

DG....Being John Malkovich cracked me up aswell!

John Malkovich going inside John Malkovich.

Maclkovich, Malkovich, Malkovich......wtf? :lol:

daygloeyes2 said:
#1.American Beauty

Runner up(s): Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine, Goodfellas, Chicago, and Pulp Fiction.

i'm a big fan, or malkovich, and eternal sunshine- but i never got the appeal of american beauty. just didn't get it. can you explain why you like it ? (i'm not knocking it- i think i am just missing something.)

Comedy / Drama ::

Liar Liar
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Mrs. Doubtfire
Sister Act
Beverly Hills Cop

Action / Adventure ::

Die Hard (Trilogy)
Out For Justice
Terminator and T2 : Judgement Day
Code Of Silence
Best Of The Best

Horror ::

The Night Of The Comet
Halloween
Silent Predators
Bloody Birthday
Maximum Overdrive

Favourite movie is Batman Begins. I have a promotional copy and I can't stop watching it. It's the perfect blend of drama, action, horror and intrigue.

This is closely followed by:

Leon the Professional (uncut version)
American Psycho
Memento
Ed Wood
La Belle noiseuse
Jaws
Ikiru
Rear Window
Platoon
Godfather (part 1)
Blue Velvet
The Big Lebowski

If you haven't seen one of the above, I highly recommend doing so. Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
Last Year At Marienbad. Not necessarily the best film of all time, but certainly the most interesting because of the divergent respones it provokes. Personally, I think it's wonderful.

Minority Report - to me the story is so interesting and the movie is very well put together. It's different.

Moulin Rouge - I know a lot of people don't like this movie but it's so unique. I love it!

Anchorman
Zoolander
2 of the funniest movies I've ever seen

My favoirte Movie is Lord of the Rings:The Return of the King. My close seconds are:
-The two towers
-Fellowship of the Ring
-Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban
-North By Northwest
-Stop Making Sense
-Big Fish

jphelmet said:

i'm a big fan, or malkovich, and eternal sunshine- but i never got the appeal of american beauty. just didn't get it. can you explain why you like it ? (i'm not knocking it- i think i am just missing something.)

Actually, I never really thought about why I liked it until I saw your post asking me why. I'm thinking about it now and I'll try my best to explain.

What I liked about it was that it exposed people who on the outside appeared to be something that they weren't. Lester and Carolyn seemed to have a perfect marriage, but in reality could not be more miserable with each other. Carolyn's off having an affair with her real estate rival, while Lester is lusting after his daughter's friend. The rest of the world doesn't see this though. They see a perfect couple. Same with Colonel Fitz. He projects this tough guy image and makes many homophobic comments. It's all just an act to hide that he's a homosexual. Angela makes up all of these lies about herself to make her seem more *ahem* experienced, even though she's a virgin. I think the message of this movie is that nothing is ever what it seems to be. As the tagline says, Look Closer.

I don't know if you are "missing something" as you say. Some people just have different tastes. But maybe you'll watch it again and find that you like it.

My list needs to be broken down by genre. I could never pick just one or two movies and consider them the greatest. There is something special about all of the best.
Best Gangster Movies:
5. Boys In The Hood
4. Goodfellas
3. Once Upon A Time In America
1.The Godfather I & II (tied).
These must be seen together for the greatest impact, but both stand independently of the other.
Honorable Mention: The Untouchables.

I can't help it. My favorite movie is Sleepless in Seattle. Watching it just makes me feel good.

And I also love The Sixth Sense, A.I., Rear Window (original version), The Shawshank Redemption and Star Wars(all of them)

1. Original Star Wars Trilogy
2. Indiana Jones Trilogy
3. Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Although LOTR could be #2 also. Out of these 9 movies Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom is my least favorite. But I like Raiders Of The Lost Ark and The Last Crusade better than any of the LOTR movies. So its kind of a toss up! :laugh:

Honorable mention would be Almost Famous. The unedited version, love that movie.

My favorite B movie that could be regarded as crap would be: Big Trouble In Little China. I always watch it if I see its on TV, dont know why! :laugh:

Blue Room said:

My favorite B movie that could be regarded as crap would be: Big Trouble In Little China. I always watch it if I see its on TV, dont know why! :laugh:

I have it on dvd :reject:... Well its good for a laugh.

Blue Room said:

Is that the special edition with bonus footage?? Because if I ever see that on sale at the store, I know I will buy! :laugh: :reject:

Nope, its the regular 1 disc -No bullshit, straight to B-flick- dvd :up:

Go for it, its amazing :reject::reject:

Movies I just plain LOVE:

Gladiator
Good Will Hunting
Cinderella Man
Signs
Fried Green Tomatoes
Boondock Saints

Movies that I can watch over and over:

Bend It Like Beckham
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Harry Potter movies
Finding Nemo :reject:

Movies I thought were great, but are not really the kind you watch over and over:

Lord of the Flies
Mystic River

Probably Lord of the Rings trilogy, :bow: I don't think any films made me feel so engrossed with their world.

Schindler's List left an enormous impact on me, although I can't say it's a film I'd want to watch often.

im one of those annoying people who name like 50 movies they just love and cant choose a favorite

but i will have to go with Pulp Fiction, a great funny, suspensful, unique, intriguing and very quotable film

Back
Top Bottom