favorite metallica songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to get more of their c.d.s but I really like their songs...;)

1. Fuel
2. The Memory Remains
3. Bad Seed
4. Whiplash
5. St. Anger
6. Enter Sandman
;);):);)

Yes, I have al of their dvds! :hyper:

Favorite Tallica songs:
1. Master Of Puppets
2. Seek And Destroy
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. Fuel
5. Creeping Death
6. Bleeding Me
7. Sad But True
8. The Unnamed Feeling
9. One
10. Battery

And I have all of their albums too! :bow:

1) DYERS' EVE!
2) The Four Horsemen
3) Fade to Black
4) For Whom the Bell Tolls
5) Disposable Heroes
6) Creeping Death
7) Battery
8) Master of Puppets
9) Blackened
10) One

went to their concert here in Van last March, most insane show I've ever been to, I assume until I go see U2 on this upcoming tour I assume :p

Last edited:
Hmmm... No DVDs for me; I'm not a huge fan, but I'm a fan.

1. Master Of Puppets
2. Fade To Black
3. One
4. The Call Of Ktulu
5. Enter Sandman

What can I say, I like the long songs. :wink:

I decided to post more Tallica songs I love:

11. Fade To Black
12. Frantic
13. The Four Horsemen
14. Of Wolf And Man
15. King Nothing
16. Wherever I May Roam
17. The Memory Remains
18. Enter Sandman
19. Dyers Eve
10. Leper Messiah

:)

No order-

Fade to Black
Hit the Lights
Sanitarium
Creeping Death
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Seek and Destroy
Disposable Heroes
Blackened
Frayed Ends of Sanity
One
Harvester of Sorrow
The Unforgiven
The Unforgven II
Fuel
Fixxxer
Low Man's Lyric
Mama Said
The Memory Remains
Better Than You
Until it Sleeps
Hero of the Day
Ain't My Bitch
St. Anger
The Unnamed Feeling
Frantic
All Within My Hands
Bleeding Me
Wherever I May Roam

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot

I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything like that, so I apologize if it seems that way. I don't find anything relevant in Metallica's music, though, and I was wondering if anybody could explain to me just why he or she does...? I dislike or hate the VAST majority of the band's catalogue (I've heard most all of it, over the years), and its popularity and such has always just baffled me. I'm not saying that the band doesn't matter or that there isn't some wonderful technical ability going on in that band (I can't deny it), but what's the appeal? From whence does it spring...??? Thanks in advance for any clarification, everybody.

Well they were one of the pioneering thrash metal band in the 80's for one. Songs of teenage angst, death, suicide, and mental breakdown, I think that was some of the things that made them appealing.

If you shout... said:
I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything like that, so I apologize if it seems that way. I don't find anything relevant in Metallica's music, though, and I was wondering if anybody could explain to me just why he or she does...? I dislike or hate the VAST majority of the band's catalogue (I've heard most all of it, over the years), and its popularity and such has always just baffled me. I'm not saying that the band doesn't matter or that there isn't some wonderful technical ability going on in that band (I can't deny it), but what's the appeal? From whence does it spring...??? Thanks in advance for any clarification, everybody.

I've actually noticed a lot of U2 fans are actually also big Metallica fans...

the bands have a lot of similar messages, although go about putting them forward in a completely different way

Creeping Death, for example, is the story of Passover, similarly to how U2's UTEOTW is about Judas

Then there's both bands' anti-war songs, but again, they both go about them in different ways.... Metallica's One, about someone completely ravaged by war, a landmine leaving him devoid of his senses.... then there's Disposable Heroes, about how soldiers are blind to how their just basically mindless robots fighting for basically nothing... and yet another one is for Whom the Bell Tolls which has a similar message "For a hill men would kill, why? They do not know"

Metallica have some extremely deep lyrics in some songs, if you look past the rough exterior

and then of course they made a lot of music about what a lot of teens were going through, similarly to the emo bands, etc, today

Last edited:
Seems like people coming from the primarily U2 camp are more open-minded... my Metallica friends (aside from myself) are all either into speedmetal and thrash or Creed-esque modern rock

UnforgettableLemon said:
Many people who I know who are Metallica fans DESPISE U2, though.

yeah, it seems to go the other way a lot more... MOST metallica fans are mostly fans because of the instrumental part of the music, as opposed to the lyrics, etc

I'm just saying I know more than a few people who LOVE U2, and are also pretty big Metallica fans..

but I do know more than few people who have Metallica #1 and can't stand U2

Well, it doesn't matter. U2 is one of Lars' favorite bands, so :madspit:

And I remember James saying he looked forward to seeing the boys at the VH1 awards in 2000, so :madspit: :madspit:

UnforgettableLemon said:
Seems like people coming from the primarily U2 camp are more open-minded... my Metallica friends (aside from myself) are all either into speedmetal and thrash or Creed-esque modern rock

REAL metalheads are musically open minded FYI :wink:

I didn't say they were metalheads. I just said that all they listened to was speedmetal and thrash. Oh, and one guy listens to Tool, which I'd take over most of his bands anyday. No offense. :wink:

Samu2 said:
Im not a big fan but I do love their cover of Whiskey in the Jar :)

Ditto - Here are the better covers imo....

Free Speech For The Dumb
Turn The Page
Astronomy
Die, Die My Darling
Last Caress
Am I Evil ("YES I FUCKIN' AM"!)
Breadfan
So What
Stone Cold Crazy

:wink:

Favorite Metallica covers:
1. Whiskey In The Jar
2. Sabra Cadabra
3. Astronomy
4. Overkill
5. Mercyful Fate
6. Am I Evil
7. Die, Die My Darling
8. The Prince
9. So What
10. Turn The Page

A lot of people who see me with a Metallica shirt don't believe I am a U2 fan or stop taking me seriously. :rolleyes: I love metalheads, they're great people and I consider myself one of them (not that I need that at all by the way) but they can be really stupid sometimes! :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom