favorite led zeppelin song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When the Levee Breaks, Ten Years Gone and Kashmir are probably my top 3 (right now, at least... it's always changing lol)

Zootlesque said:

I don't think you have to necessarily be a newbie to like Stairway the most. I have all their albums except Coda and still like that song the most! If you forced me to pick an album track, I would probably pick In My Time Of Dying.

Ho ho...led zeppelin...album tracks..you yanks and your singles crack me up :wink:

but seriously, just putting in an honourable mention for In The Light, definitely one of their best side one openers, unless you want to be pedantic and call it side 3.

Just been listening to 'In The Light ' now and its a good listen , not a classic but its good. Reminds me of a beatles song , which one i dont know

gareth brown said:
Ho ho...led zeppelin...album tracks..you yanks and your singles crack me up :wink:

Aren't there singles in other parts of the world? Or am I misunderstanding you? :scratch:

Anyway, not sure if I'm a 'yank'. I only live in America, (East) Indian by blood. :wink:

the open seconds of the crunge sounds like Run DMC's walk this way.

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

Aren't there singles in other parts of the world? Or am I misunderstanding you? :scratch:

Anyway, not sure if I'm a 'yank'. I only live in America, (East) Indian by blood. :wink:

singles are actually a lot more prevalent in the UK than they are here in the US

Zootlesque said:

Led Zeppelin never released any official singles in the UK during their original lifespan (Atlantic TRIED to release Whole Lotta love i think and there was a huge row over it until their manager referred them to a clause in their contract stating only the band get to decide if they want to release singles, which I personally think is the best thng ever to include in your contract!)

I think Whole Lotta Love was released here sometime during the 90's but America got a single or two from the albums in the late 60's and during the 70's.

Last edited:
gareth brown said:
Led Zeppelin never released any official singles in the UK during their original lifespan (Atlantic TRIED to release Whole Lotta love i think and there was a huge row over it until their manager referred them to a clause in their contract stating only the band get to decide if they want to release singles, which I personally think is the best thng ever to include in your contract!)

I think Whole Lotta Love was released here sometime during the 90's but America got a single or two from the albums in the late 60's and during the 70's.

Ah I see.

Btw, Ten Years Gone truly is :drool:

Communication Breakdown. That wins by a nose over Battle of Evermore, with Sandy Denny on backup vocals, which is absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't sound like anything else Zeppelin did. It was great.

verte76 said:
Communication Breakdown. That wins by a nose over Battle of Evermore, with Sandy Denny on backup vocals, which is absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't sound like anything else Zeppelin did. It was great.

sounds like immigrant song.

Back
Top Bottom