Favorite "foreign" language phrase?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Kiswahili is fun to learn b/c it's so easy to read and pronounce. I also like "sasa" cus it's fun to say.

Yeah... Sasa, thats right... :giggle:

Lies, were you only in Tanzania or also in Kenya? :)

Merc said:

Yeah... Sasa, thats right... :giggle:

Lies, were you only in Tanzania or also in Kenya? :)

Only TZ. At one point, we were only miles from the Ugandan border.

I'm looking forward to reading your stories and seeing pics if you have any to share...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Only TZ. At one point, we were only miles from the Ugandan border.

I'm looking forward to reading your stories and seeing pics if you have any to share...

There's already a few stories from my trip in this thread:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153425

But I will post some more and some pictures, but I have SO many and I have to try and get them all in order first... :crazy:

Btw, when I went to Masai Mara I was in Tanzania for about 5 minutes - illegally! :shifty: :wink:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
a teammate of mine in college was from belgrade and he used to say (i'm sure i'm butchering the spelling here) "puchame koolatz" all the time, which he said meant "suck my balls"

so i say that from time to time.

anyone from the former yugoslavia and can give me the exact spelling?

OK

:eek:

I'm guessing he said "puši mi kurac".

Apart from "achtung baby", my favourite is "porca miseria" from Italian. (why is it everyone seems to remember the cursing in every language they learn?)

On second thought, my favourite foreign language word is excrementum from Latin.

Well, unfortunately my Italian ex-boyfriend taught me how to curse like a sailor in Italian. So my favorite is:

Mona testa di cazzo!

I think it's too filthy to translate here even though I shouted it from the rooftops in Italy to amuse him and his friends. :giggle:

Japanese:

Eeetoo (pronounced eh toe)

Translation:

Ummmm or uhhhhh or hmmmm

Probably one of the words or phrases I've used the most in speaking Japanese. :wink:

joyfulgirl said:
Well, unfortunately my Italian ex-boyfriend taught me how to curse like a sailor in Italian. So my favorite is:

Mona testa di cazzo!

I think it's too filthy to translate here even though I shouted it from the rooftops in Italy to amuse him and his friends. :giggle:

:lmao:

Aaah, Italian is SOOOO creative!

Mater facit. Sounds dirty but in latin it just means "mother makes" However my latin may be a little rusty... haven't taken it in 6 years about and that's the only word I pulled out of the class. :lol:

Alsjeblieft!
Een, twee, huppakee
Waar is mijn....?

C'est la vie

Dang, this is an old thread! Anyhoo, my favorite phrase has probably not been mentioned yet.

Cete grande est diabolus.

It's Latin for "The giant whale is the devil."

It's a long story... :shifty:

my Latin teacher had a book of insults which was hilarious, this is the only one I remember:

moecha putida! = you dirty whore!

1. Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
2. Bonjour
3. Baise-moi
4. Suce-moi
5. Je t'aime
6. Salut
7. Allo
8. Ca va?
9. Je veux te manger
10. T'es belle!

Back