Favorite comedians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say this person is not in America... :hmm:

:wink: I have to confess, I dont know who most of your lists are, from the Americans.
I'm Australian. My picks are all Aussie or Pom.

We have quite a few. Comedians over here aren't necessarily the same as American stand-ups, though we do have some who do that.
I forgot to add Raymond J.

If we're talking general comedians then I'll laugh at pretty much anyone from the Marx brothers right through to French&Saunders. But if we're talking stand-up comedians then there can only be one master... Peter Kay.

I don't know how well known he is outside of the UK but he's one of those comedians that the whole family seems to love, ya know? On the other hand, a lot of his humour is quite culture-specific (would Americans, for example, be able to relate to his retelling of family holidays in Blackpool?) so I don't know if it would 'travel' well.

I'd also have to agree that whilst I don't find everything he does funny, Robin Williams is one VERY talented funnyman.

PS. On the subject of Aussie comedians, the only Aussie comedy that I can think of seeing is 'Kath&Kim'. I only saw 'the wedding episode' on BBC2 the other week. Wish I'd started watching it earlier now. "KATH: Kim I hope you washed out that dustbin before you started making the punch in it" KIM:[as she fishes out a tea-bag] "Of-course mum I'm not stupid" :lol:

Last edited:
Brian Regan :up: (sooo happy to see his name here!)
George Carlin :bow:
Robin Williams :bow:
Dave Chapelle
Colin Mochrie
Ryan Stiles
Greg Proops
Drew Carey
Tony Slatterly (sp?)
Dawn French
Jennifer Saunders (F&S, AbFab... :lmao: )
Scott Angrave
George Lopez
Ellen DeGeneres
Elaine Boosler
Joy Behar
Whoopi Goldberg

Wow -- I could go on, but I think you get the idea. I enjoy a good laugh. :yes: :D

tough call, right now it would have to be Dave Chapelle. He's from DC and I've known about him long before he became big and got his own show. I've seen so many people's stand up shows before, and he is by far the funniest.

But overall, I'll go with Eddie Murphy. His early movies are great, and his stand up flick "DELERIOUS" is the funniest stand up movie I've ever seen.

Here's my list:

Mitch Hedberg ... funniest guy ever! He's got such an unusual take on everything... :sad:

Dane Cook -- "It's a miracle in a bowl!"

Brian Regan - "There are toaster directions on the poptarts box!"

Ricky Gervais -- the Office is brilliant!

Dana Carvey - "She's choppin' broccoli!"

Eddie Izzard -- the smartest comedian out there

Jon Stewart - he's all about the delivery

And Angela mentioned "Rik Mayall & Ade Edmondson & Nigel Planer" which I have to give big ups to :up:

:heart: Young Ones :heart: only perhaps the most brilliantly inane show ever!

hippy said:

Uhhh... death please!

NO! Cake... cake! I meant cake!

Ahah! You said death first!

I meant cake.

Oh alright. You're lucky I'm Church of England.

No, I haven't seen Dressed to Kill that much... :|

:laugh:

and don't forget Pope Jeff! :giggle:

And speaking of "In Living Color" ... I just bought Season 3 on DVD !! :bow:
The very first episode has Jim Carrey dressed up like Pee-Wee Herman :laugh::
He's trying to sell his new Pee-Wee doll ... he says "it even has "turbo fast" !! ... :lmao:
( shows the dolls hand move up and down real fast )
This episode originally aired right after Pee-Wee's fiasco in the movie theatre !! :ohmy:

I love Eddie Izzard.
But I love Chris Rock even more. He's so right about so many issues.
And Ellen Degeneres. I love her too. She makes me laugh over and over again.

Peter Kay is ok, I think Jimmy Carr is hilarious! Along with Jonathan Ross(presenter)

Sorry, but I seriously despise Ricky Gervais! Ever since Live8 he's been in my bad books :madspit:

What didn't you like about what Ricky Gervais said at Live8 bono-gal? I read that he met Bono&called him a nice bloke!

Back
Top Bottom