Favorite comedians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's so-ooo funny on 'Saturday Night Live' ... absolutely hilarious !! :up:
Although, his recent movie 'Bewitched' with Nicole Kidman had some humor in it ... but, overall was disappointing and NOT that GREAT of a comedy motion picture !! :tsk:

He's cheating.

New Rule:
Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you Spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass. And it translates to 'beef with broccoli.' The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

This made me laugh the most.

Dane Cook is a comedian? I did not even realize.

For me, alive or dead, stand-up or actors:

Gene Wilder
Steve Martin
David Letterman
Bill Murray
Jan Hooks
Eddie Izzard
Ricky Gervais
Jon Stewart
Betty White (Whatever, the woman always make me laugh)
Richard Pryor
Mitch Hedberg
Chris Rock
Diane Keaton
Eddie Murphy
Will Ferrell

Obviously, with someone like Murphy, I'm speaking of a portion of his career, but you get the point.

Dane Cook is a comedian? I did not even realize.

For me, alive or dead, stand-up or actors:

Gene Wilder
Steve Martin
David Letterman
Bill Murray
Jan Hooks
Eddie Izzard
Ricky Gervais
Jon Stewart
Betty White (Whatever, the woman always make me laugh)
Richard Pryor
Mitch Hedberg
Chris Rock
Diane Keaton
Eddie Murphy
Will Ferrell

Obviously, with someone like Murphy, I'm speaking of a portion of his career, but you get the point.

I agree with pretty much all of this... great to see Jan Hooks and Diane Keaton make it up there, too. Keaton's impression of Marlon Brando in Sleeper is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, then you've got Hooks' bit part in Pee-wee's Big Adventure, which is completely made of win.

I agree with pretty much all of this... great to see Jan Hooks and Diane Keaton make it up there, too. Keaton's impression of Marlon Brando in Sleeper is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, then you've got Hooks' bit part in Pee-wee's Big Adventure, which is completely made of win.

I'd be worried if anyone agreed with all of it, frankly.

Glad you liked most of it.

I like teh funny.

Things like this:

roflcopter.gif

I'd be worried if anyone agreed with all of it, frankly.

Glad you liked most of it.

I like teh funny.

Things like this:

roflcopter.gif

:love: Dalton

For me, it'd be:

Bill Murray
Woody Allen
Steve Martin
Mel Brooks
Gene Wilder
Richard Pryor
Pre-1990 Eddie Murphy
Pre-1990 Chevy Chase
Ricky Gervais
Will Ferrell
David Cross
Madeleine Kahn
Diane Keaton
Peter Sellers
William Shatner (Hell, most of it was unintentional, but I laugh anyway)

:love: Dalton

For me, it'd be:

Bill Murray
Woody Allen
Steve Martin
Mel Brooks
Gene Wilder
Richard Pryor
Pre-1990 Eddie Murphy
Pre-1990 Chevy Chase
Ricky Gervais
Will Ferrell
David Cross
Madeleine Kahn
Diane Keaton
Peter Sellers
William Shatner (Hell, most of it was unintentional, but I laugh anyway)

Madeline Kahn FTW!!! Sellers, too. I like Cross, but, I'd not place in my upper echelon.

I am not a Chase fan, at all, I'll have you know. Shall we duel?

Madeline Kahn FTW!!! Sellers, too. I like Cross, but, I'd not place in my upper echelon.

I am not a Chase fan, at all, I'll have you know. Shall we duel?

Cross was my favorite thing about Arrested Development the first time through, now he's tied with GOB. Until I heard his stand-up albums and seen a good portion of Mr. Show, however, I wouldn't have put him in my mega-favorites.

At all? Landshark? Fletch? Clark W. Griswold? There will have to be a duel now.

Cross was my favorite thing about Arrested Development the first time through, now he's tied with GOB. Until I heard his stand-up albums and seen a good portion of Mr. Show, however, I wouldn't have put him in my mega-favorites.

At all? Landshark? Fletch? Clark W. Griswold? There will have to be a duel now.

At all. He just does not make me laugh.

GOB > Tobias.

At all. He just does not make me laugh.

GOB > Tobias.

Fair enough.

Yep. Tobias is hilarious, but he's a one-note character, while GOB's got many levels to her brazenly hilarious stupidity.

I wrote that last sentence in a room lit only by natural light.

Chris Farley - he was one of the most gifted physical comedians I have ever seen...for that sub-categorization of comedy, he will be one of the great geniuses that is always thought of. His SNL material is some of the funniest in the show's history(Matt Foley, Bennet Brauer, 'Chris Farley' of 'The Chris Farley Show', Todd O'Connor of the Superfans, the Chippendale's dancer, his character in the 'Herlihy Boy' skits, etc)

Sam Kinison - I've never seen a more unrestrained comic. His routines were insane. No one has ever made screaming funnier. This one is my favorite ever of him, and is still one of the funniest things I have ever, ever seen:
YouTube - Sam Kinison performs "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" (5/24/89)

Lewis Black - to me, he's the closest thing we have to an heir-apparent to the late, great George Carlin. Always pissed off in his routines, and points out the absurdities of life, big-picture things and obscure little things alike.

George Carlin - obviously.

Just to name a few.

I loved Sam too. He was one of those guys, though, that you knew wasn't gonna live to a ripe old age. What really sucked was that it seemed like he actually was starting to turn his life around when died. Too bad he didn't have a longer career. He started to become popular in 1986. By 1992, he was dead. Sam was a funny motherfucker.

I loved it when Kinison was on the Stern show. Not that I was American and old enough to enjoy it at the time, but whatever, I listen to that shit now, and it's all good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom