Favorite Beatles Albums and Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gump

ONE love, blood, life
Not sure if a similar thread has been made recently, but I'll give it a try!

Favorite album: Revolver
Least favorite album: With the Beatles
Favorite song: Strawberry Fields Forever
Most underrated album: Magical Mystery Tour

Also, I thought it would be interesting to know how Beatles preferences are related to U2 preferences, so please say what your favorite U2 album is!

Favorite U2 album: The Unforgettable Fire

Favorite Album: Abbey Road
Least Favorite Album: With the Beatles
Favorite Song: Something
Most Underrated Album: Rubber Soul

Favorite Album: Revolver

Least Favorite Album: that's kind of hard. I don't have all of them! It's been years since I was familiar enough with the Beatles albums so that I could rattle off the songs even on the albums I don't have, so I don't know if I can pick a least favorite.

My gut is telling me Magical Mystery Tour, even though it's got a couple of gems on it. But honestly, what Beatles album doesn't?

Favorite Song: Too hard to choose, and they change too often. Right now I might have to pick Let It Be.

Most Underrated Album: Rubber Soul indeed!

favorite album: revolver/abbey road

least favorite album: with the beatles.

favorite song: changes. but penny lane & across the universe never fail to amaze me.

most underrated album: rubber soul/magical mystery tour.

favorite u2 album: achtung baby.

U2Man said:

favorite song: changes. but penny lane & across the universe never fail to amaze me.

These songs are mindblowing!
"Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind,
Possessing and caressing me."
:drool:

Last edited:
Fave Album: Revolver (It's got Tomorrow Never Knows!)
Least Fave: With The Beatles (It's got Little Child!)
Fave Song: Strawberry Fields Forever
Most Under rated album: Please Please Me

Fave U2 Album: Achtung Baby

favorite album: Abbey Road

least favorite album: with the beatles.

favorite song: very tough, probably A Day In The Life, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Blackbird or Here Comes The Sun, to name a few...

most underrated album: Magical Mystery Tour/Let It Be

favorite u2 album: POP

Favorite album: Revolver
Favorite song: Here Comes the Sun, Tomorrow Never Knows, or Strawberry Fields Forever, pick one.
Least favorite album: Beatles for Sale
Least favorite song: I don't know... Revolution 9 perhaps? :down::down::down:

Favorite U2 album: Achtung Baby (U2's Revolver)

Favorite Album: Rubber Soul or Help
Favorite Song: In My Life, Tomorrow Never Knows, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, I Need You
Least Favorite Album: i dont know them all...cant answer
Least Favorite Song: they're all too good!!

Favorite U2 Album: Achtung Baby, War

Favourite album: Revolver
Least favourite: With the Beatles
Favourite song: So many to choose...geez. Tomorrow Never Knows or A Day in the Life are incredible.

Favourite U2 album: Achtung Baby

U2Man said:

i think it's regarded as u2's sgt. pepper by most.

I can see that, but I was thinking about the radical change from Rubber Soul -> Revolver and Rattle & Hum -> Achtung Baby.

Favorite album: Abbey Road
Least favorite album: Not sure since I haven't listened to Beatles For Sale but so far, it's probably one of the first 2 or Rubber Soul.
Favorite song: I Am The Walrus!!! :love:
Most underrated album: Magical Mystery Tour, definitely!

Favorite U2 album: Achtung Baby

Favourite Album: Abbey Road
Least Favourite Album: (difficult one) With The Beatles / Beatles For Sale
Favourite Song: "Let It Be"
Most Underrated Album: Let It Be

Favourite U2 album: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Favorite album: Abbey Road. I've finally decided.
Least favorite: Please Please Me (I can't agree with With The Beatles since I don't have it and don't particularly care to get it anytime soon)
Favorite song: Tomorrow Never Knows, A Day In The Life, Something, In My Life, etc...
Most underrated album: Rubber Soul

Favorite U2 album: Pop

Favorite album: Abbey Road
Least favorite album: A Hard Day's Night
Favorite song: Strawberry Fields Forever

Favorite U2 album: Zooropa :sexywink:

PlaTheGreat said:
Favorite album: Abbey Road. I've finally decided.
Least favorite: Please Please Me (I can't agree with With The Beatles since I don't have it and don't particularly care to get it anytime soon)
Favorite song: Tomorrow Never Knows, A Day In The Life, Something, In My Life, etc...
Most underrated album: Rubber Soul

Favorite U2 album: Pop

I see we truly are friends ;)

LemonMacPhisto said:

I can see that, but I was thinking about the radical change from Rubber Soul -> Revolver and Rattle & Hum -> Achtung Baby.

See I always thought the big Quantum shift was Revolver->Sgt Peppers...

Revolver and Rubber Soul sound (to me at least) like very similar albums. Sure Revolver has a bit of experimentation; mainly Tomorrow Never Knows but Sgt Peppers is way out there compared to their previous works.

Sgt Peppers does have some stuff like When I'm 64 or She's Leaving Home which reminds me of earlier stuff but the majority is much more experimental IMO...

In fact, since it's the last track on Revolver; Tomorrow Never Knows almost works as the bridge between genres. I would call that one song the turning point but not Revolver the album itself...

Zootlesque said:
Aygo, when did you get into U2's music? Which year/ album? I'm genuinely curious.
Well, I knew U2 since a few years ago, but I was introduced more closely in 1994. I think I started to become a fan fall 1996/early 1997, but it was not only because of "Pop" (since it was released by this time), it was because I knew already many of their catalogue.
But I'm curious... why the question, Zoots?:wink:

because its beyond zoots's comprehension how anyone familiar with u2's material before htdaab can list htdaab as his or her favourite album.

am i right or am i right, zoots?

U2Man said:
because its beyond zoots's comprehension how anyone familiar with u2's material before htdaab can list htdaab as his or her favourite album.

Shut up, lad! Are you owner of people's mind now?

Do you know the reasons that lead me to list HTDAAB as my fav album? Learn to respect the others!

:lmao:

here, aygo:

chill_pill.gif

elevated_u2_fan said:

See I always thought the big Quantum shift was Revolver->Sgt Peppers...

Revolver and Rubber Soul sound (to me at least) like very similar albums. Sure Revolver has a bit of experimentation; mainly Tomorrow Never Knows but Sgt Peppers is way out there compared to their previous works.

Sgt Peppers does have some stuff like When I'm 64 or She's Leaving Home which reminds me of earlier stuff but the majority is much more experimental IMO...

In fact, since it's the last track on Revolver; Tomorrow Never Knows almost works as the bridge between genres. I would call that one song the turning point but not Revolver the album itself...

When you put it that way, you're right.

Rubber Soul to me is pop / folk music, and I think of songs like Paperback Writer and Day Tripper to fit more this that era than anything. But when I listen to Revolver, sure some of the songs reflect a bit like Rubber Soul but are presented differently.

I can't regard most of Rubber Soul to Revolver's sound, but I can with Sgt. Pepper you know?

I totally understand what you're saying though.

U2Man said:

Yup, pretty much. :uhoh:

But I respect Aygo's opinion however daft I may find it.

:wink:

Favorite Album: Abbey Road
Least Favorite Album: Can't say--I don't own all of them....yet
Favorite Song: Changes...I'll cheat and say the Abbey Road Suite. While My Guitar is top-notch, too

Favorite U2 Album: Flips between JT and AB

Back
Top Bottom