Favorite Beatle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's your Favorite Beatle?

• Paul, master of cheesiness

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • John, idealism and cynicism all in one long haired package

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • George, the underappreciated yet extremely talented guitar player

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Ringo, he even looks like an octopus!

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
john.

paul was too happy. george was too quiet. and ringo was to ringo.

Ringo, while the least talented, was also the only one with his head properly set on his shoulders.

BOOM

sulawesigirl4 said:

that was my thot.

oh YOU hush up! you told me you haven't even really listened to them!! if you haven't heard abbey road and or the white album all the way through, you shouldn't have posted here. if you need them, i will burn you respective copies.

John. Definitely John. Although I do have a special place in my heart for George.

And could we possibly have a Beatles thread without learning how many of you don't like them?

George, without a doubt. It was John for the longest time but learning more about The Beatles and their music just showed how much talent George had. "Something," "Here Comes the Song," "While My Guitar Gently Weaps," those songs are just indescribably amazing and to be written by someone so young is even more mind-blowing (he was in his early 20s at the time). Plus that George, from all accounts, was such a kind and peaceful man, that he truly made the world a better example simply by living and being himself is very humbling and inspiring.

And I believe everyone should own a copy of "Abbey Road," it is simply the best album ever recorded!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
That would be nice, except for the fact that most every other non-U2 musician who is mentioned here gets lauded while the Beatles are slammed continuously. Just pointing that out. :)
yeah, i understand. well, creed gets slammed a lot too. oh wait, that's cause they do suck. :silent:

actually, i do have a favourite beatle. ish. while i don't like the beatles, i did like some of their solo works. some or george's and john's stuff was good. it's a shame that they're both gone now. :(

I for one ADORE the Beatles....and my fave was always George....he was my first love...and then I discovered Edge. :D

I wonder if this adoration of guitarists is innate? :confused:

How can you guys dislike the beatles?! they paved the road for rock music, how bands should be, rock albums..they did it all!! think of the world Pre beatles!! the beatles aren't a band they are THE band!! they are the epitome of a rock and roll band!! gah I don't get some of you!! I am sure U2 thinks the same thing :yes: U2 are like the latter day beatles. they are doing rock right. I like U2 music more because it speaks more to me, but I would NEVER bad mouth the beatles! John Lennon is the most amazing lyricist! George Harrison is a guitar genius!

John.

17.jpg

I love the Beatles.

My favorite is John...I think he was the best songwriter, and I just thought he was very smart, outspoken & fascinating.

But I love all of them....But John has always been my fav.

Back
Top Bottom