Favorite American Cities?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buffalo. Seriously think i lived there in a former life.

San Francisco, CA
Monterey, CA
Bodie, CA (I love Ghost Towns actually)

Those are the only three that jump to my mind right now. I live in San Diego. Everyone who's been here loves it. Unfortunately I'm a bit tired of this town.

00Kevin said:
chicago, though i may be a little biased

Ditto. I'll put New York in I suppose as well but its appeal is fading as it becomes unfortunetely white(cauzoid) washed. Also, Longboat Key, FL, which is right off of Sarasota and quite peachy.

I've never been to San Francisco and I want to more than any other city in the country.

Maybe I should have named this thread, "Where You Wished I Lived/Why I'm Happier Than You"

Buffalo? New York? :huh: I've been there twice and driven through it at 80 mph once and that was more than enough!

I LOVE San Diego and I am currently having a little love affair with Indianapolis. Boston has always been good to me, too.

Schmeg said:
Buffalo? New York? :huh: I've been there twice and driven through it at 80 mph once and that was more than enough!

I lived there for about five years--you don't know boring. :crack: And I had to return there to see U2 this past year :|

Boston is such a friendly seeming city :D And Philly is one of the prettiest :love:

But I still looooove New York :heart:

Well, as an aussie, I've only been to New York and Washington DC, and drove through Philadelphia. Washington was really pretty, and i loved the museums and monuments but I TOTALLY fell in love with New York, and desperately want to save the money to go back there again!!!:)

Having never been there before the 12/10 concert I must say Cleveland was one of the coolest cities I've ever been too, I mean everything was right there and so easy to find and there was sooo much to do.

I also love Dallas/Ft. Worth, one of the main reasons Im going to college there...just such an amazing place

I was in Austin until 2 today and I just got done hanging out in Dallas tonight.

Two best cities in one day :drool:

:hmm: I want to pick Chicago, cause that's where I was born there and I live near there :drool:......but I don't want to sound all biased....so I'm going to pick Cleveland....nice place to vacation.....and Milwaukee....but I only took a drive around the city one Sunday....would like to look at some of the places there.

love_u2_adam said:
least favorite state is Carolina:angry:
There's two, North and South. :wink: Do you dislike them equally or is one slightly better than the other?

I've been to a lot of cities, but very briefly - just driving through or for a U2 concert, less than 24 hours. I really enjoy driving through Louisville because it looks just like Grand Rapids, just a few more skyscrapers. My favorite to drive through so far has been Chattanooga, Tennessee. You weave in and out of these mountains and then all the sudden there's this city down in a valley. I've always thought it was very pretty and surreal.

Of cities I've actually spent a lot of time in, I like Chicago and Gulf Shores. NYC is great, but I think I like Chicago better because it's smaller and I can walk to anywhere I want to go (like from the museums and aquarium through Grant Park to Millenium Park and to the shopping areas). Gulf Shores is not a city, more like a strip of houses on stilts on a penninsula, it's fabulous.

Cities I've heard are great and would like to visit:

Tampa, Fl
St. Augustine, Fl (oldest city in the USA)
Washington, D.C.
San Diego

Back
Top Bottom