Favorite American Cities?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
inmyplace13 said:
Austin and Dallas

That's all you need.
Austin is very cool, beautiful, eclectic town. That would be the only city I would move back to Texas for.

Dallas :no: :yuck: :down:

San Antonio is a beautiful town, at least parts of it is. They do have the lovely River Walk there.

My choices:

Austin, TX
Williamsburg, VA
Washington D.C.
New York City
Charleston, SC
Chicago, IL
Annapolis, MD
Asheville, NC
New Braunfels, TX (because of the Schlitterbahn Waterpark, tubing down the Guadalupe River, kolaches, bear claws and the Gristmill River Restaurant)

Boston! :wink: Of course, mostly because I spend half my waking hours there.

I do love NYC though, everything about it except the Yankees! I haven't been much of anywhere else that I've liked (which includes pretty much Florida, Michigan, Utah and Colorado, but never really any cities).

Where's the favorite cities, period thread?

New York (well I've lived here all my life so I must like it :) )
Chicago
San Francisco
Seattle
Miami (although I'm not sure I could live there)
Washington, DC (spent 3 months there on a fellowship)

Naples is a cool smaller city, my parents live there so I've been down there many times. Very laid back and different feel from the east coast of S. Fl.

I didn't spend enough time there to make a full assessment but Lexington, Kentucky was intriguing.

katiebu21 said:
I loved Newport, Rhode Island too. :yes:
I worked there for over three years so it's near and dear to my heart. :D Lots of great places to go and fun things to do, and an interesting mix of people.

New York is amazing. I was only there for two days but I'm in love :heart:

Cambridge/Boston is very nice, very clean, very walkable. And iPod/Bose like own the subway systems or something. and I love all the street musicians! Why aren't there street musicians everywhere?

I really love the Twin Cities in MN, especially Minneapolis. And of course I live in Indianapolis, IN. It's not the greatest place but it is my home so I have some affinity for it.

I don't travel that often, but I've been to Philadelphia (live here), New York, Pittsburgh, Washington, Cleveland, Baltimore, and Dallas.

1 - Philadelphia
2 - Washington DC
3 - Pittsburgh
4 - Baltimore
5 - New York
6 - Cleveland
7 - Dallas

BEST: Philadelphia cannot be beat. I love the people here, the way of life, etc.

WORST: Dallas was REALLY boring, there were no places to go, very few places to eat. It has potential: a great rail system that can get you most places, but there just isn't much there. Then again, I visited outside of football season, so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom