Fav. Travis album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
So, this is a great band and all... not very rockin' at times, but that's not the point. Anyways...........

So what is your favorite Travis CD, or how would you rank the 4?

Me personally it's:
1) 12 Memories
2) The Man Who
3) The Invisible Band
4) Good Feeling

Keep in mind this thread is pretty pointless and I was just looking for something to post about.

Cheers

Andallamule Ramone Phelps

1) Invisible Band
2) The Man Who
3) Good Feelling

4 or lower) 12 Memories... sorry, Re-Offender was such a promising single, but blah.

I completly agree with you UnforgettableLemon. The Invisible Band definitly is their best album. 12 Memories has a couple good songs, but overall it is disappointing. To me, 12 Memories is their weakest album. I think a producer would have helped make 12 Memories a better album (it was produced by the band). Bring back Nigel Godrich!

-Cyril

I will admit 12 Memories didn't really have any epic songs like Turn, Writing to Reach You or U16 Girls.... but man, i dunno... I have a lot of fun memories driving back and forth between Columbus, OH with my brother and some friends. After such extensive listenings it just seemed deeper and I enjoy some of the melodies more.
Case in point: it had a personal connection with me:wink:

I only have 12 Memories. I like it quite a bit. Seems obvious that I need to hear the others all the way through now, though I know almost all the singles.

i think that the man who and the invisible band are about equal in quality. i love them both.

12 memories sits quite a way below them unfortunately, but it had some good songs. i probably haven't listened to it has much as i should have to really get a feel for it.

i haven't heard their work previous to the man who. would you all recomend i pick it up?

Se7en said:

i haven't heard their work previous to the man who. would you all recomend i pick it up?

:yes:

Good Feeling has so many good songs

U16 Girls
More Than Us
Good Feeling
All I Wanna Do is Rock
HAPPY! (my fave ever Travis song)

The first half of the album is stronger than the second, but it's a good rock album. Very different than the other three. Truthfully, you could get the compilation coming out and have most of the standout tracks, sans Good Feeling and with Tied to the 90s (a single) in its place.

Awww the lovely Travis!!! :heart:

1. The Man Who (that cd means a hell of a lot to me!)
2. Invisible Band
3. 12 Memories
4. Good Feeling

Those Good feeling Tracks are brilliant live!!! Happy and U16 Girls and More than us....wow!!! Hard to rank these albums really.

1. The Man Who - it highlights a special time, place, and friendship for me back in 2000

2. The Invisible Band - lowlights of love lost

3. Good Feeling - twilights of a love never meant to be

4. Only heard their last album once, but wasn't impressed....maybe I'll give it a chance one day.

The Man Who - the breakthrough, almost every song is great
12 Memories - Not just ReOffender, but Love Will Come Through, Quicksand.... so much good stuff
Good Feeling - the debut, more upbeat of an album
The Invisible Band - I like Side, Sing, and Last Train, but there is a lot of blah on this album

Oh by far "The Man Who" is my fav Travis album! Another Travis jewel is their rendition of "Hit Me Baby One More Time". Fran Healey has an amazing range. I adore his voice.

At long last I caught the walking in the sun video!!!

I love it! Fran looking great as usual, and the end makes me giggle when Dougie waves his hand around to wipe the smoke coming off of Fran :laugh

Back
Top Bottom