fav new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
this is assuming youve heard all the new songs. and what not gooday.

here are mine.

1. there there (definately growing on me ever since i got a really good clear version of it)

2. go to sleep (radiohead fans at atease HATE this song, not sure why i love it

3. up on the ladder (could that guitar sound any better or)

4. sail to the moon (sounds like it could be the how to disappear or pyramid song of the album)

5. myxamatosis or whatever its called (it could be a grower)

6. sit down stand up (if they add some more effects to the song, (me wanting MORE effects from a radiohead song, odd yes?) i think this song could be killer).

what a shitty thread.

oh well i just want to hear which songs you guys like.

I like "myxomatosis"

especially when they the drawn out part where Thom sings, "I... don't... know... why, I ... feel... so... tongue... tied... so fuckin' tongue-tied" and then that weird/funky guitar crashes back in

I haven't heard "2 + 2 = 5" yet, the link from atease doesn't work

"punch up at the wedding" sounds good from last saturday's webcast mp3s, I like the subtle guitar work going on, that's a must d/l for everyone, because of the perfect sound quality, all kinds of different things going on in that song
I agree about waiting to see what they do in the studio with Nigel, a perfect example is if you go back and listen to the live version of "kid a" they played a few months before the album came out, night and day, even though it was the same basic notes; "sit down, stand up" could be something in the same realm as "idioteque" or "morning bell"

going mental

Whad? New songs? No! No, you cannot! Sinful! Yes! No! Don't! Shame! Bad, bad boys! Sick! What new songs! Where can I download them! You bad boys, very bad!

foray

I love the lyrics to There, There

but i'm trying to hold off listening to the new songs

I'm a sucker for punishment

well ok basstrap, but be warned the new album probably won't be out until around March of 2003, so it's gonna be quite a wait! and several of these songs probably won't even be on the next album

Go to this site http://www.radiohead.com.hk/news/index.html and go to the August 4th update and there is a video of the whole concert from that date.
August 4, 2002
Radiohead has just finished their night at Fesival of Benicassim in Spain. The band returned to the setlist similiar to the one in Kid A/Amnesiac tour in 2000 - 2001. The band aborted in half way of "Pyramid Song" and restarted right at where they ended because they played out of sync. They played two new songs, "A Punch Up At A Wedding" and "There There". Here is the setlist:

The National Anthem
Morning Bell
Lucky
Karma Police
Dollars And Cents
I Might Be Wrong
Exit Music (For A Film)
Pyramid Song
A Punch Up At A Wedding
Fake Plastic Trees
Just
Paranoid Android
Idioteque
Everything In Its Right Place

< Encore >
There There
You can listen or watch the performance by click here for audio or here for video.
I just downloaded it and it's O.K.It looks pro-shot,but the picture is a little jumpy and the sound a little harsh.But it's watchable.:yes:

Wanderer and vmanu, you rawk. Thanks for the links.

Wanderer, the atease downloads don't work cos they have been hacked by a group of immature and apparently anti-radiohead punks. I got a funny error message. Maybe they will work tomorrow.

foray

The Wanderer said:
well ok basstrap, but be warned the new album probably won't be out until around March of 2003, so it's gonna be quite a wait! and several of these songs probably won't even be on the next album

well....maybe just a couple....

I listened to There, There and I love it. Is that a violin someone's (who?) is playing at the intro? The bassline is fantastic, too. This is heaps better than that Ladder song.

Back
Top Bottom