Father's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dad is so incredibly simple.
All he ever wants is candy/chocolate.. :lol:

My Father was like me, hard to buy for and easier to just give him the basics...he never wanted much, and like me, if he did, he'd buy it himself...he was a ragged old cuss but I miss him.

My sister and I recently stayed with our parents, and we don't all get together often. Therefore, my sister and I decided to get Dad's gift early so we could be there to give it to him together. We got him Guitar Hero III, since he was having so much fun playing my sister's copy. Dad doesn't really have fun hobbies like that (the only reason he has a PS2 in the first place is because we bought him one for a birthday), he works a lot, so it's great that he enjoys this so much. He plays it everyday. :love:

I won't be visiting him this Father's Day weekend though. :(

I will not see my Dad on Father's Day, but, I got him a book about the history of Yankee Stadium, since this is the last year for Yankee Stadium and he has a lot of memories from that place. Also got him Battlestar Galactica Season 1 on DVD, since he, for whatever reason, started watching this season and wants to catch up.

My Dad's been gone so long (he passed away in 1993) that Father's Day is difficult for me so I try not to think about it and just get thru the day. THIS year, however, I am going to commemorate the day by surprising my son on this, his first Father's Day. My grandson is 6 mos old!! :cute:

I have no clue what to get for my dad. He's a simple kind of guy, and never wants/needs much. We're taking him out for dinner, but that doesn't feel like quite enough. Hopefully I'll figure something out by the weekend.

I bought my husband an ipod docking station that is also a radio station. It looks like an old fashioned juke box, lights up and even has bubbles going through it. :giggle:

:hug: to those whose daddies are not with us. I almost lost my dad two years ago and can't imagine life without him. I'll sent him a hand made card telling him so.

Mr.Z and son and Mr.Z, Sr. are going to a baseball game together. :cute:

I mailed Dad a card that I made. My drawing skills leave something to be desired, but I still think he will like it. :giggle: :wink:

Awwww BC that is so cute that you made your dad a card :cute:

I usually get him Hallmark cards, but things have been so hectic that I didn't have a chance to get out to the store...and now that I'm not seeing him this weekend, I needed to get something out in the mail, so I made it last night. One side of the front of the card card shows me calling him and saying something like, "I took the wrong exit, and now I'm lost. There's a 50 MPH sign and a really big tree. How do I get home from here?" The other side shows him sitting up in bed on the phone, looking like, "Oh...my...God...", and my mom saying, "It's 3:00 a.m., who the hell is that??" :giggle: Inside, I thank him for always having the answer. :heart:

Noooo, I NEVER make real phone calls like that to Dad...................:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom