Fate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fate

• Yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Do you believe fate decides what happens in life or we make our own decisions?

Other Options: Post here

_____
hehe Im gonna make a poll :wave:

Last edited:
I believe that our fate is dependent on certain actions and/or decisions.
Not everything is predetermined... but to an extent. So I voted Yes, although it's not entirely accurate.

I know I wanted a Maybe option but after I made the poll :crack:

I voted no.

The funny thing is, the older I get, the more I find myself thinking about fate...believing in it more. I don't believe in it yet...I don't like the idea that there is some force out there that predetermines who/what we're going to do with our lives. I don't understand it yet. Is fate God? Does fate MAKE us do certain things, or just bring us to a path,a precipice, where we make our own decisions?

my answer is no

I've long been intrigued by the idea of fate. My favorite tarot card is the wheel of fortune (I've even been thinking about getting a tattoo inspired by it) But, ultimatly, I believe that we control our destiny.

No. God knows exactly what will happen, but He gives us the freewill to make our own decisions.

I look at fate as more of a romantic notion than a reality.

I believe we create our own fate, or karma, through our actions, words, thoughts and feelings. We put causes forth and then must experience the effects, either in this life or another. I will also add that I believe this is the meaning of being born 'in sin' in the Bible--i.e., born with karma.

I don't believe in fate. I believe God gave us the gift of free will - although it doesn't feel like much of a "gift" sometimes when you find yourself in a situation where you simply don't know what to do.

No. I used to believe in fate but the older I get, the more I believe we are all in charge of our own destiny. We all have free will and must live with the choices we make, good and bad.

I don't like it when someone I know is in a bad situation and does nothing to change it, saying "oh well, it was meant to be and I can't change it." That's bull.

And I really like what Khanada said :lol: I fully own all of my fuck up's and can't blame any of them on fate.

Free will. We make our own decisions and bear the consequences, both now and later.

I believe that 'god' is behind all of the circumstances
which god has allowed in our lives. this 'higher power' is defined as love. ultimately good.

there seems to be some kind of balance between you and god, since we're not perfect. the danger lies in ignoring it. making excuses, getting negative, expecting god to play by our rules and reveal himself.

if there is suffering and pain or confusion:
we have free will and can chose to trust god & what god has allowed (and wait and see what happens), or we can chose to walk away from god. ignore god. each time we ignore the truth of love and of god, we harden our hearts. we end up loving less & distance ourselves from god.

this will draw love away from our soul, and since love is the main thing, this is really dangerous and only god knows the specific consequencs.

we can hope in gods mercy.

the thing to avoid is willfully ignoring god/love or willfully hurting others etc.
if you want to be humble, god gives grace.

:eeklaugh: thank you so much. it's great to summerize my beliefs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom