Fasting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Evalicious said:
I have done it, too, Chizip.

But reading all this makes me realize that mine was hardcore.

In August 2001 i fasted for two weeks. For two weeks i just drank water. No juice, no nothing.

I felt incredibly great afterwards and even during it.

It was a very surreal experience, the first six days were the hardest.

Some kind of a 3 day juice thing is nothing.

You should go on Survivor.
You could win a million dollars :love:

I've done a lot of fasting, not so much recently. I've done water fasts, juice fasts -- mostly 1- and 3-day fasts, a couple of 7-day fasts.

I recommend starting off slow -- just experiment and see how it makes you feel, both during and after. In my experience, I've felt very high energy at the conclusion of a fast. It's an awesome feeling.

How you break a fast is important. I don't think you need to take any special steps to break a 1-day fast, but when you start getting to three days or longer, it's probably a good idea to eat very lightly at first and ease back into your normal diet.

If you're doing any of the longer fasts, I recommend reading up about fasting on the web or in a book to learn more about the ins and outs, and how to break it.

i fast one day a month sometimes 2.

no water or juices.

it teaches one discipline; self control and increases one's spirituality if you want it to.

dbs

Chizip said:
i was thinking maybe january 1st or 2nd would be a good time to do it. get all the toxins out from new years eve, help cleanse the body for a fresh start to the new year. yeah that definitely sounds like a plan.

If you're going to be drinking till at least midnight, ya might not wanna fast the next day or at least eat before you go to bed or pass out.

basically going from drunk to fast probably will make you feel like crap.

Back
Top Bottom