Fashion in the CSGW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Seeing as certain members here can't stop talking about it, I give you Fashion by David Bowie

CSGWs Playlist:

1. Never Going Back Again (Fleetwood Mac)
2. In Your Room (Depeche Mode)
3. The House of the Rising Sun (The Animals)
4. Summer Days (and Summer Nights!!) (The Beach Boys)
5. Sunburst Finish (Utopia)
6. Man Called Sun (The Verve)
7. Staring At the Sun (U2)
8. Summer Nights (Grease cast)
9. Assassination of the Sun (The Flaming Lips)
10. The decade known as the 1980s
11. I've Just Seen a Face (The Beatles )
12. Shiny Happy People (R.E.M.)
13. Girls & Boys (Blur)
14. Tear It Up (On Our Worst Behavior) (Immature)
15. White Winter Hymnal (Fleet Foxes)
16. Sun Arise (Rolf Harris)
17. Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) (The Darkness)
18. Rattled By The Rush (Pavement)
19. Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows (Lesley Gore)
20. Coffee & TV (Blur)
21. Get On Your Boots (U2)
22. My Girls (Animal Collective)
23. Brand New Lover (Dead or Alive)
24. Islands In The Sun (Weezer)
25. No Line On The Horizon (U2)
26. Fez-Being Born (U2)
27. Cedars Of Lebanon (U2)
28. Moment of Surrender (now available on ISpyTM) (U2)
29. Follow You, Follow Me (Genesis)
30. Wait for the Summer (Yeasayer)
31. Holidays in the Sun (Sex Pistols)
32. Viva Las Vegas (Elvis)
33. Gimme Sympathy (Metric)

Bowie_Fashion.jpg

Wow, I forgot how awesome Silent Alarm by Bloc Party is; I haven't listened to it in years, probably. :drool:

Wow, I forgot how awesome Silent Alarm by Bloc Party is; I haven't listened to it in years, probably. :drool:

I saw them live a couple of months ago and I only knew a couple of their songs :reject:. However, they were excellent live. I need to get more of their stuff.

Bloc Party :drool:

I want to listen along, but I promised Axxo I'd listen to his DI list tonight.

:yes: :drool: is very much in order. I listened to this album non-stop in high school, then my copy got all scratched up, and I just redownloaded it tonight. :up:

:lol: No worries, I'm leaving in a few minutes to go to a party anyway. I hear Ax's list is fully instrumental, is that right?

:yes: :drool: is very much in order. I listened to this album non-stop in high school, then my copy got all scratched up, and I just redownloaded it tonight. :up:

:lol: No worries, I'm leaving in a few minutes to go to a party anyway. I hear Ax's list is fully instrumental, is that right?

That's awesome. I want to hear it more. Bloc Party could end up being one of my favorite bands if I dedicated more time to them.

Yes it is. I'm intrigued, yes I am.

That's awesome. I want to hear it more. Bloc Party could end up being one of my favorite bands if I dedicated more time to them.

Yes it is. I'm intrigued, yes I am.

Interestingly, this is the only album that I'm really into by them, but I haven't devoted any time whatsoever to A Weekend in the City or Intimacy. :reject:

:hmm: Could be very interesting then. I'm hoping he goes with less metal, sludge kinds of instrumentals, but knowing Ax's musical tastes, I'm guessing that's not going to happen. :lol:

Nope, I bought it off of ebay :wink:

:ohmy:

Now that I think about it, this album was probably one of my first ventures into indie rock. :hmm: I'd been mostly into punk (political punk specifically) and rap before then. Weird. :lol: Now I like all of that though. :wink:

Interestingly, this is the only album that I'm really into by them, but I haven't devoted any time whatsoever to A Weekend in the City or Intimacy. :reject:

:hmm: Could be very interesting then. I'm hoping he goes with less metal, sludge kinds of instrumentals, but knowing Ax's musical tastes, I'm guessing that's not going to happen. :lol:

Intimacy :drool:

Ax definitely is into post-rock, and I suspect a lot of that there.

:ohmy:

Now that I think about it, this album was probably one of my first ventures into indie rock. :hmm: I'd been mostly into punk (political punk specifically) and rap before then. Weird. :lol: Now I like all of that though. :wink:

Punk ---> Rap ----> Indie

Music progression for the win :lol:

Intimacy :drool:

Ax definitely is into post-rock, and I suspect a lot of that there.

Good to know, I haven't heard many reviews of that one. :up:

Yeah, he is, usually the heavier bands in post-rock. It'll be a very intriguing listen, for sure.

Punk ---> Rap ----> Indie

Music progression for the win :lol:

Actually it was rap-->punk-->indie

:wink:

And now, it's everything all the time, from classical to indie to rap to punk to whatever. :lol:

I saw them live a couple of months ago and I only knew a couple of their songs :reject:. However, they were excellent live. I need to get more of their stuff.

AHEM no one saw my post.

*shameless attention whore*

Actually I'm just looking for distractions from studying. :(

And now I'm off to put myself into an alcohol-induced haze. :wink: :lol: (I really don't drink terribly often...)

:wave: Have a good night all!

Good to know, I haven't heard many reviews of that one. :up:

Yeah, he is, usually the heavier bands in post-rock. It'll be a very intriguing listen, for sure.

If I had heard Intimacy a few more times last year, it would've been my second favorite ablum of the year.

Even more interesting :hmm:

Sounds good :wink:

I was an angry young dissident. It made sense then. :wink: Now I can just appreciate everything, you know? All music has its own merits, even stuff like Britney Spears, as much as I can't stand her. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom