Fashion in the CSGW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: :hi5: goes to you too then! I randomly saw it in a bookstore in an airport in Dallas while I was coming back from Oklahoma City last New Year's, and I just had to buy it. I guess it's a pretty well-known and respected book too, because I've brought it up to a couple of my music professors, who have either read it or heard a lot about it. You should definitely read it when you get a chance. :yes:

:yes: I first heard about it on Alan Cross' radio show. And a couple of months ago the CBC also aired a show called "The Nerve: Music And The Human Experience" where Daniel Levitin talked about some of that stuff too. I'll probably look for that show on the CBC Archives too, it had 7 or 6 episodes and seemed really good. :yes:

:yes: I first heard about it on Alan Cross' radio show. And a couple of months ago the CBC also aired a show called "The Nerve: Music And The Human Experience" where Daniel Levitin talked about some of that stuff too. I'll probably look for that show on the CBC Archives too, it had 7 or 6 episodes and seemed really good. :yes:

:ohmy: Where can I find those? I'm sure I'd love them!

OMG, I love you! :lol: Thanks! I'm definitely going to be watching these soon. :up:

Listening :wink:
:lol: You're welcome, thanks for reminding about them I'd been meaning to listen for ages. The same people who did this series also did The Wire: The Impact Of Electricity on Music which isn't online but sometimes airs in various public radio stations, if you ever get a chance to listen or find a recording of it I recommend it too, it was excellent.

Listening :wink:
:lol: You're welcome, thanks for reminding about them I'd been meaning to listen for ages. The same people who did this series also did The Wire: The Impact Of Electricity on Music which isn't online but sometimes airs in various public radio stations, if you ever get a chance to listen or find a recording of it I recommend it too, it was excellent.

:lol: I realized that after I looked at them. You're welcome for the reminder as well. I'll definitely keep an ear out for that one too. :up:

What the hell my internet goes from not working to downloading at 1000 KB/s in seconds, I've never hit that before :ohmy:

:wave: I'm going to take a shower quick, hopefully that will wake me up a bit and make me write some more. :lol:

I can't EVER do that because my provider blocks bittorrent traffic. :(

Well, I don't torrent anyway so it doesn't matter.

Is it weird that I feel proud of my music collection when I'm the one to add an artist and album to rateyourmusic?

Is it weird that I feel proud of my music collection when I'm the one to add an artist and album to rateyourmusic?

:lol: No. I always get some satisfaction out of listening to great bands/albums that other people haven't heard of.

:lol: No. I always get some satisfaction out of listening to great bands/albums that other people haven't heard of.

Album: Touch of Oliver - Touch of Oliver
Album: Panda, No Panda - The Sanda
Album: Panda, No Panda - Imagi Rocks
Album: Director - Sing It Without a Tune
Album: Director - I'll Wait For Sound
Album: Rohan Theatre Band - Unhealthy Leftovers
Album: Director - Play Pretend
Album: Arcade Fire - Miroir Noir
Album: Bruce Springsteen - Working on a Dream
Album: Dreamchild - A Different World
Album: Lightcycle - The Ghost Cat
Album: Bell X1 - Tour De Flock