Fashion in the CSGW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable. I think I'm buying one of the 120GB iPod classics over the summer while I have the money. :drool:

:hmm: Weird, I'm not getting any peers on it. Maybe I'll try downloading one with a bunch of seeders and see if it connects or not.

I don't have one, but my mom does, so I listen to them constantly when I'm at home. I'm thinking about asking her if I can have it though when I move into an apartment because the only time it gets used is when I'm home. :lol:

Sounds good, 120GB is a good bit of music

That's really odd

I think part of me just wants one so I can like be completely indie and cool :lol: I only have 7 vinyl singles and one album :lol:

Sounds good, 120GB is a good bit of music

That's really odd

I think part of me just wants one so I can like be completely indie and cool :lol: I only have 7 vinyl singles and one album :lol:

Yeah, and I can hold all of my music on it again then! :hyper:

I know...:hmm:

:lol: Anytime I buy albums now, it's vinyl. I'd rather pay for something big and more tangible than a CD, plus it's not like I can't just download a digital copy anyway. :wink:

:ohmy: I just found an album that I have that doesn't have a 100% log FLAC yet. :hmm: Think I'll be uploading that. :D

Yeah, and I can hold all of my music on it again then! :hyper:

I know...:hmm:

:lol: Anytime I buy albums now, it's vinyl. I'd rather pay for something big and more tangible than a CD, plus it's not like I can't just download a digital copy anyway. :wink:

You can :hyper:

If I had a vinyl player I think I'd buy a lot of 7 inches, because they're easier to find than CD singles :lol:

Right now I have 5 U2 7 inches, 2 Arcade Fire ones and an Amanda Palmer album. I bet they'd sound good on a vinyl player :drool:

You can :hyper:

If I had a vinyl player I think I'd buy a lot of 7 inches, because they're easier to find than CD singles :lol:

Right now I have 5 U2 7 inches, 2 Arcade Fire ones and an Amanda Palmer album. I bet they'd sound good on a vinyl player :drool:

Really? We don't have a singles market here period, but it's interesting that you can find 7" easier than CDs.

I think I have 20-25 records and one 7" right now. Most of them are older albums that were mastered for vinyl too, so they sound amazing. :drool:

Really? We don't have a singles market here period, but it's interesting that you can find 7" easier than CDs.

I think I have 20-25 records and one 7" right now. Most of them are older albums that were mastered for vinyl too, so they sound amazing. :drool:

Yeah it's much easier to find 7inches, I went into town to look for the Magnificent single, and I found the cd in one store and the 7 inch in 3 stores. Plus they just released a boxset of all The Smiths singles on 7 inch...I need a that :lol:

Albums released before 1990 always sound like crap on cd for the most part

Yeah it's much easier to find 7inches, I went into town to look for the Magnificent single, and I found the cd in one store and the 7 inch in 3 stores. Plus they just released a boxset of all The Smiths singles on 7 inch...I need a that :lol:

Albums released before 1990 always sound like crap on cd for the most part

Weird. Ohh, I bet that'd be a nice boxset!

:yes:

And all of a sudden everything started downloading again. :lol:

Weird. Ohh, I bet that'd be a nice boxset!

:yes:

And all of a sudden everything started downloading again. :lol:

Yeah I know, if I ever get a record player it's the first thing I'm buying :drool:

Although Disintegration was released in 1989 and it sounds perfect, I refuse to ever hear the remaster, messing with perfection is not allowed :lol:

I have four torrents still unfinished and non-moving :lol:

Yeah I know, if I ever get a record player it's the first thing I'm buying :drool:

Although Disintegration was released in 1989 and it sounds perfect, I refuse to ever hear the remaster, messing with perfection is not allowed :lol:

I have four torrents still unfinished and non-moving :lol:

:lol: Most remasters sound worse than the originals anyway, unless they know what they're doing.

I've got 3, but they at least are showing peers now. :lol:

:lol: Most remasters sound worse than the originals anyway, unless they know what they're doing.

I've got 3, but they at least are showing peers now. :lol:

The only remasters I clearly prefer oddly are the U2 ones, although I'm not sure if I'll prefer Achtung Baby on. The 80s albums just sounded bad on Cd for the most part, and TUF is like my favourite album ever so if they screw up that remaster I will murder someone :lol:

*listening to Silent Alarm for the third time now*

The only remasters I clearly prefer oddly are the U2 ones, although I'm not sure if I'll prefer Achtung Baby on. The 80s albums just sounded bad on Cd for the most part, and TUF is like my favourite album ever so if they screw up that remaster I will murder someone :lol:

*listening to Silent Alarm for the third time now*

Yeah, all of those have been great remasters, and like you said, they sounded like crap before. :lol: I can't wait for the UF one! :drool: That's probably the album (along with AB) that needs it the most.

:hi5: You're liking it then? :wink:

Yeah, all of those have been great remasters, and like you said, they sounded like crap before. :lol: I can't wait for the UF one! :drool: That's probably the album (along with AB) that needs it the most.

:hi5: You're liking it then? :wink:

Definitely it needs it badly but only if it's done right, I don't see the point is remastering Zooropa or Pop though...

Possibly :shifty:

Agreed. Zooropa maybe, some of the songs are slightly muddy, but nothing like those earlier albums.

:rockon: It's a great album! :yes:

Agreed. Zooropa maybe, some of the songs are slightly muddy, but nothing like those earlier albums.

:rockon: It's a great album! :yes:

I really hope they don't do what Morrissey did with his remasters, he removed tracks and changed the track listing, which pissed me off and made me not buy them :lol:

I'm slightly disappointed, I always here how they've sucked since this album so after enjoying A Weekend in the City I expected to be blown away by this :lol:

Really? I wonder why he'd do that. :hmm:

:lol: I do like Silent Alarm a lot more than A Weekend in the City.

Really? I wonder why he'd do that. :hmm:

:lol: I do like Silent Alarm a lot more than A Weekend in the City.

Apparently he was embarrassed about one of the songs. He replaced 2 songs on Maladjusted and replaced them with 6 b-sides and changed the order of the track listing (Which I don't mind) it's just the fact that two songs were removed annoys me

His other remastered he added 4 b-sides and changed the order but left the 8 original tracks the same, so I might buy that one

Oh it's clearly better than A Weekend in the City but more the difference between a good and great album than something drastic. A lot more consistent

Apparently he was embarrassed about one of the songs. He replaced 2 songs on Maladjusted and replaced them with 6 b-sides and changed the order of the track listing (Which I don't mind) it's just the fact that two songs were removed annoys me

His other remastered he added 4 b-sides and changed the order but left the 8 original tracks the same, so I might buy that one

Oh it's clearly better than A Weekend in the City but more the difference between a good and great album than something drastic. A lot more consistent

Lame. It's like re-writing history. :down:

Yeah, definitely. A Weekend in the City is very good, but I think I'll always have a stronger connection to Silent Alarm anyway, just because I listened to it so much.

I can't feel my legs.

Long day?

Lame. It's like re-writing history. :down:

Yeah, definitely. A Weekend in the City is very good, but I think I'll always have a stronger connection to Silent Alarm anyway, just because I listened to it so much.

I know, I mean he released those songs if he doesn't want them on the album he could at least put them at the end of the track list as bonus tracks or whatever but to remove them completely is just annoying, it's not like they were cover versions forced on him by the record company :shrug:

Yeah I know that type of love for an album, especially when it's associated with a phase of your life

Yes.
I need to study
But I think I'll spend all day in bed first.

Aww, :hug: again!

I know, I mean he released those songs if he doesn't want them on the album he could at least put them at the end of the track list as bonus tracks or whatever but to remove them completely is just annoying, it's not like they were cover versions forced on him by the record company :shrug:

Yeah I know that type of love for an album, especially when it's associated with a phase of your life

Exactly. Why did he release them in the first place if he didn't like them, you know? He's a big enough star that I would assume he maintains control over his track listings.

:yes: It's nice. My friend and I were talking about our love for rap last night as we were walking to that party, and for me, it's fully associated with memories of biking around town bumping to whatever rap album had caught my attention most recently. So, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for rap, I think. :heart:

Exactly. Why did he release them in the first place if he didn't like them, you know? He's a big enough star that I would assume he maintains control over his track listings.

:yes: It's nice. My friend and I were talking about our love for rap last night as we were walking to that party, and for me, it's fully associated with memories of biking around town bumping to whatever rap album had caught my attention most recently. So, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for rap, I think. :heart:

Yeah I would imagine so, even if he didn't have complete control over the order he would of had control over what tracks went on it

Yeah I know how that works, there's so many albums for me that I'll associate so much with different parts of my life that no matter how my tastes change I'll always love. Albums like What's the Story Morning Glory? and All That You Can't Leave Behind were a really big part in what got me into music in the first place. Then my period of obsession with Morrissey and seeing him live for the first time. The hours of my youth spent playing Final Fantasy 8 and now I'm not sure if I really think the soundtrack to that game is one of the best things ever or if it's just too close to my memories to say otherwise. Too many memories have music associated to them

Yeah I would imagine so, even if he didn't have complete control over the order he would of had control over what tracks went on it

Yeah I know how that works, there's so many albums for me that I'll associate so much with different parts of my life that no matter how my tastes change I'll always love. Albums like What's the Story Morning Glory? and All That You Can't Leave Behind were a really big part in what got me into music in the first place. Then my period of obsession with Morrissey and seeing him live for the first time. The hours of my youth spent playing Final Fantasy 8 and now I'm not sure if I really think the soundtrack to that game is one of the best things ever or if it's just too close to my memories to say otherwise. Too many memories have music associated to them

That's one of the many beauties of music, in my opinion, that strong psychological connection to it, even years later. It can immediately take you back to that exact moment and place. Amazing, really. :up:

That's one of the many beauties of music, in my opinion, that strong psychological connection to it, even years later. It can immediately take you back to that exact moment and place. Amazing, really. :up:

Definitely, that's probably why I love music so much, it can be associated with feelings and memories so easily

And the page finally loaded :lol:

Definitely, that's probably why I love music so much, it can be associated with feelings and memories so easily

And the page finally loaded :lol:

:yes: If you're interested in psychology at all, check out This is Your Brain on Music by Daniel Levitin. It's a fantastic read about what parts of the brain are associated with music, why it affects us so much, and stuff like that. Absolutely fascinating, and he writes in a way that's understandable and not too filled with scientific jargon.

:lol: Poor what.cd, it's just getting slammed today.

Sorry I left, I had to eat quick.

:yes: If you're interested in psychology at all, check out This is Your Brain on Music by Daniel Levitin. It's a fantastic read about what parts of the brain are associated with music, why it affects us so much, and stuff like that. Absolutely fascinating, and he writes in a way that's understandable and not too filled with scientific jargon.

:lol: Poor what.cd, it's just getting slammed today.

Sorry I left, I had to eat quick.

I've actually read that book Cassie, I loved parts of it others were too much jargon for me but for the most part he reached a good mix between the two

My internet as a whole is getting slammed today :lol:

I've actually read that book Cassie, I loved parts of it others were too much jargon for me but for the most part he reached a good mix between the two

My internet as a whole is getting slammed today :lol:

Right on! :hi5: Yeah, there are some parts that get too technical for me too, because I'm not a psychologist at all. I've read it a few times now, and each time, I find something new in there. :up:

:lol: Same here, definitely the same here.

Right on! :hi5: Yeah, there are some parts that get too technical for me too, because I'm not a psychologist at all. I've read it a few times now, and each time, I find something new in there. :up:

:lol: Same here, definitely the same here.

Cassie he's read it because we were at HMV together and I told him to buy it. :p *taking credit* I have it too and started it but then school started and I had no more time for leisure reading. I'll read it this summer. :up:

Cassie he's read it because we were at HMV together and I told him to buy it. :p *taking credit* I have it too and started it but then school started and I had no more time for leisure reading. I'll read it this summer. :up:

:lol: :hi5: goes to you too then! I randomly saw it in a bookstore in an airport in Dallas while I was coming back from Oklahoma City last New Year's, and I just had to buy it. I guess it's a pretty well-known and respected book too, because I've brought it up to a couple of my music professors, who have either read it or heard a lot about it. You should definitely read it when you get a chance. :yes:

He's written another book that I've started, but haven't had the chance to finish yet called The World in Six Songs. Seems like it will be very interesting again. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom