Fashion in the CSGW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(I Never Loved) Eva Braun by the Boomtown Rats

"I never loved Eva Braun (oh no?)
No, a thousand people say I did (oh yeah?)
Yeah, she was just some girl who was on the make (Yes, we see)
Boy she wanted to be so big.
And in the end it got to be a drag,
She's doing her exercises every day
No matter what people say,
I never loved Eva Braun.

I never heard all the screams (oh no?)
I never saw the blood and dirt and gore (oh yeah?)
That wasn't part of the dream, (yes, we see)
Of maps and generals and uniforms.
I'd always like the big parade,
I always wanted to be adored,
In '33 I knew I had it made,
I never loved....

Eva Braun wasn't history,
She wasn't even part of my destiny
She never really fitted in the scheme of things
She was a triumph of my will,
Oh yeah!

I saw the blondies and the blue eyes, (oh yeah?)
I saw the millions mouthing me, (oh yeah?)
But underneath I was really gentle, (oh yeah?)
D'ja ever see me touch a scrap of meat?
O yeah I conquered all those countries
They were weak an' I was strong
A little too ambitious maybe,
But I never loved Eva Braun."

One of weirdest lyrics ever :lol:

"Oh aren't you glad you live on an island
You can choose your own way of being killed
You can jump off a cliff and get drowned in the sea
Or be dashed against the rock and and get split" :dance:

Happy songs about suicide :drool:

"Oh aren't you glad you live on an island
You can choose your own way of being killed
You can jump off a cliff and get drowned in the sea
Or be dashed against the rock and and get split" :dance:

Happy songs about suicide :drool:

:lol: "John Allyn Smith Sails" by Okkervil River is that song for me. :up: It makes suicide sound so liberating, which is an interesting thought for sure.

The only thing truly important in life :yes:

:lol: :yes: At least in the torrenting world. :wink:

:lol: "John Allyn Smith Sails" by Okkervil River is that song for me. :up: It makes suicide sound so liberating, which is an interesting thought for sure.

:lol: :yes: At least in the torrenting world. :wink:

Suicide is always an interesting thought, not that I ever think of it...anymore:lol:

I love the early Boomtown Rats sound so much, they were so funny and unserious, and Bob Geldof was a selfish prick:lol: I mean within 10 years he went from this

"Don't give me love thy neighbour
Don't give me charity
Don't give me peace and love from your good lord above
You're only getting in my way with your stupid ideas

I am an island
Entire of myself
And when I get old, older than today
I'll never need anybody's help in any way."

To writing Feed the World :lol:

And the torrenting world will soon take over :wink:

Yeah, it is really interesting, especially for people like John Berryman, the narrator of that song, who was obsessed and surrounded by suicide from an early age. It was almost like it was his destiny, which is so weird. It's a horrible thing sometimes, but at the same time, I can respect somebody who takes control of their existence in that way, particularly if they've thought it through a lot. Not something I think I'd do, at the very least in the near future, but I guess if I were terminally ill or something, I might consider it. :hmm:

:lol: It might. Isn't it funny how private trackers utilize their own little economy system? It really is like a little world within itself.

Yeah, it is really interesting, especially for people like John Berryman, the narrator of that song, who was obsessed and surrounded by suicide from an early age. It was almost like it was his destiny, which is so weird. It's a horrible thing sometimes, but at the same time, I can respect somebody who takes control of their existence in that way, particularly if they've thought it through a lot. Not something I think I'd do, at the very least in the near future, but I guess if I were terminally ill or something, I might consider it. :hmm:

:lol: It might. Isn't it funny how private trackers utilize their own little economy system? It really is like a little world within itself.

In the end it's the person's own life, the only one who should decide when it ends is them, I mean this is assuming the person is sane and isn't just doing it on the spur of the moment. I mean if I spent the next month contemplating it and made and informed decision surely no one should have to a right to stop me.

Although this is just me talking her, I'm not planning anything :lol:

Supply and demand Cassie, except without money :lol:

In the end it's the person's own life, the only one who should decide when it ends is them, I mean this is assuming the person is sane and isn't just doing it on the spur of the moment. I mean if I spent the next month contemplating it and made and informed decision surely no one should have to a right to stop me.

Although this is just me talking her, I'm not planning anything :lol:

Supply and demand Cassie, except without money :lol:

:yes: I definitely agree. I do think it's so sad when a 15 or 16 year old kid commits suicide because it probably was a quick decision, and usually it's over something that WILL get better, but if you've thought about it, more power to you.

Yeah, I know. The thought that you were serious about it never crossed my mind. :lol:

I know! It's so cool to think about.

:yes: I definitely agree. I do think it's so sad when a 15 or 16 year old kid commits suicide because it probably was a quick decision, and usually it's over something that WILL get better, but if you've thought about it, more power to you.

Yeah, I know. The thought that you were serious about it never crossed my mind. :lol:

I know! It's so cool to think about.

Definitely, I really do think it's wrong that all suicide gets lumped in together I mean the idea that living is always the best choice is not logical at all, especially in a society that believes in an afterlife for the most part :shrug:

I'm glad, that would of been awkward :lol:

Definitely, I really do think it's wrong that all suicide gets lumped in together I mean the idea that living is always the best choice is not logical at all, especially in a society that believes in an afterlife for the most part :shrug:

I'm glad, that would of been awkward :lol:

:yes: And, the only suicides you hear about are those young people, for the most part. It's such a taboo, which, of course, is all due to religion, like so many other things in our society.

:lol: Yeah, a little. We're obviously just having a discussion about a highly contested topic. :wink: I mean, I'm not going to lie and say the thought hasn't crossed my mind at some points in my life, but I'm immensely glad I never seriously considered it or went through with it. I think everybody probably thinks about it at some point, but not everyone admits that.

:yes: And, the only suicides you hear about are those young people, for the most part. It's such a taboo, which, of course, is all due to religion, like so many other things in our society.

:lol: Yeah, a little. We're obviously just having a discussion about a highly contested topic. :wink:

Society is screwed up, there's so many things that are taboo for no logical reason and when something is taboo it just creates an interest in it :shrug:

What else are communist worshippers of ancient gods to do when one of them has an exam tomorrow :lol:

Society is screwed up, there's so many things that are taboo for no logical reason and when something is taboo it just creates an interest in it :shrug:

What else are communist worshippers of ancient gods to do when one of them has an exam tomorrow :lol:

:yes: So true. Sexuality is another good one, yet again made taboo by religions.

:lol: :yes: And while the other is at work. What's your exam on tomorrow?

:yes: So true. Sexuality is another good one, yet again made taboo by religions.

:lol: :yes: And while the other is at work. What's your exam on tomorrow?

Sexuality is the most pointless thing ever, it doesn't affect anyone. Seriously gay marriage, so what? I'm not gonna have one so I don't see how I should be against it, i'm straight either way :lol:

Labour Economics at 9am and Business Information Systems at 12

I've barely studied for the second, I'm finishing off Labour now, on the second last lecture, then I'll have dinner and set up a DI list to listen to while I study BIS

Sexuality is the most pointless thing ever, it doesn't affect anyone. Seriously gay marriage, so what? I'm not gonna have one so I don't see how I should be against it, i'm straight either way :lol:

Labour Economics at 9am and Business Information Systems at 12

I've barely studied for the second, I'm finishing off Labour now, on the second last lecture, then I'll have dinner and set up a DI list to listen to while I study BIS

:sigh: I know. Hopefully our generation can change some of these views. I feel like as a whole, we're a lot more accepting of everything, gay marriage included.

:hi5: I'm sure you'll do fine. Didn't you say that your grades looked good, other than HRM?

:sigh: I know. Hopefully our generation can change some of these views. I feel like as a whole, we're a lot more accepting of everything, gay marriage included.

:hi5: I'm sure you'll do fine. Didn't you say that your grades looked good, other than HRM?

I hope so too, apparently our government's just going to make civil partnership legal because they don't want to risk a vote on gay marriage being rejected

We never got our grades for that subject :lol:

I hope so too, apparently our government's just going to make civil partnership legal because they don't want to risk a vote on gay marriage being rejected

We never got our grades for that subject :lol:

Really? That's a step in the right direction at least. Iowa made it legal there, and I'm hoping more states follow suit, since here it's a state's decision ultimately.

:lol: Nice.

Really? That's a step in the right direction at least. Iowa made it legal there, and I'm hoping more states follow suit, since here it's a state's decision ultimately.

:lol: Nice.

Yeah apparently they can make it legal for civil partnerships without a public vote but because the constitution defines marriage as man and woman only a vote can change that

Yeah apparently they can make it legal for civil partnerships without a public vote but because the constitution defines marriage as man and woman only a vote can change that

Oh, lame. Who put that into your constitution?

It was co-written by a Catholic Bishop in the 1930s

Ah, well, that makes a lot more sense. :lol: Interesting that it's been in your constitution since the 30s though, since for us, it only really became an issue in the last 20 years or so.

Ah, well, that makes a lot more sense. :lol: Interesting that it's been in your constitution since the 30s though, since for us, it only really became an issue in the last 20 years or so.

Yeah I guess it was but in not to say no to gay marriage but really to state the obvious I mean maybe it was there to say polygamy wasn't legal, it's only becoming an issue now though

Yeah I guess it was but in not to say no to gay marriage but really to state the obvious I mean maybe it was there to say polygamy wasn't legal, it's only becoming an issue now though

Does it specifically say "one man and one woman?"

Does it specifically say "one man and one woman?"

The actual text in the constitution is
"1° The State pledges itself to guard with special care the institution of Marriage, on which the Family is founded, and to protect it against attack."

which is seen to mean man and woman

The actual text in the constitution is
"1° The State pledges itself to guard with special care the institution of Marriage, on which the Family is founded, and to protect it against attack."

which is seen to mean man and woman

So, it doesn't even say it explicitly? :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom