Fashion anyone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ouizy - you're the one with the gf with the amazingly kickass job at vogue aren't you? she was on sex and the city...

<---------------------- beyond envious :|

Screaming Flower said:
ouizy - you're the one with the gf with the amazingly kickass job at vogue aren't you? she was on sex and the city...

<---------------------- beyond envious :|

WHAT?!!!!!

i want to work at vogue and go to fashion shows too.

for the love of god ouizy we're waiting for the details!!!!!!!!! :scream:

ooh.....yes...I am dying to know the juicy details of a fashion show...
I will wait here in front of the monitor until my insatiable desire for a glimpse into a vogue fashion show is satisfied.
Oh.... however will I keep my sanity in the ensueing hours of suspense and wonderment?
woe is me

ouizy said:
I am off to the Marc Jacobs show right now...
I don't know what that thing is and actually I'm not so keen on to get to know that thing. :shrug: :yawn:

OK here is what transpired last night in my life:

(for those who do not care, or are not interested ASSTRAP, no need to read on...)

So my girlfriend and I (yes, that is all true about her) show up to the show which was in a tent set up in front of a hotel in NYC. The place was mobbed and out front they had a "paparazzi pit" where the photogs would take shots of all the stars coming in.

Anyway, my girlfriend had a seat next to the catwalk (due to her job) and I had my name on a list for standing room. I got on the line for standing room and was on the phone with her when all of a sudden she said the show was starting early and the lights went down. At the same time music started blaring and they said they could not accept any more standing room people. I really did not care all that much as she was in there, and I could see through part of the tent at the show. Very cool British music, very loud, and a ton of models.

After the show ended the afterparty began in a huge bar under the tent. I met my girlfriend out front, and luckily my name was on the list. They let me in immediately and as we walked past the photogs, flashbulbs started going off. I was a bit confused until I realized that my girlfriend and I were standing next to Puff Daddy as he was on his way out. I have actually seen him at another party before, but I have to say his 5 carat diamond earings were very very sparkly. Into the party we went and saw all the magazine editors (which scarily I now either know or at least know who they are). We got a ton of drinks along side the likes of Hillary Swanke, Chad Lowe, that girl Maya from Saturday Night Live, Kelly Osborne, Donald Trump, Sandra Burnhardt, Gisele and the rest of the models in the show...

I was really proud of my girlfriend, not because we got to go to things like this, but for other work related things. She has really made it in the industry and it can be seen when a certain star (cannot name her because she would kill me) wore the jewlery she picked out for her for the show and an upcoming photo shoot.

I understand this stuff is not brain surgery, rocket science, or politics, but I have to say that she is good at what she does, and it is fun to go to these crazy things...

I had to scrape myself up this morning (late) to get to work and I am totally hung over.

Ouizy,

That is an incredible and exciting story! I'm so happy for your girlfriend! A few years ago, I had a job meeting with an editor at WWD and she offered me an internship, but I couldn't go for financial reasons, blahblah. I've always admired the fashion industry, and it's what I spend my early journalism career covering. Hopefully one day I can get one of my clients to get me into a show. Marc Jacobs is one of my absolute favorites.

Congrats! :wave:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

wow. that sounds so cool. what a night!

your gf must be damn good at her job to get to sit next to the catwalk and pick out fun jewelry for celebs. that rocks. you must be so proud of her.

i would kill for a job like that. if you don't mind me asking, how did she get started in the industry?

i had no idea those shows were so short either, but that is probably due to the fact that i've never been to one. :der:

<----------- still amazingly envious :|

She actually started as a writer for publications, then an online publication. She then worked as an assistant to a director at Vogue. She moved her way up to editor and now I think she is the youngest editor Vogue has had in the position...

As you can tell I am proud...

:wave:

ouizy said:
She actually started as a writer for publications, then an online publication. She then worked as an assistant to a director at Vogue. She moved her way up to editor and now I think she is the youngest editor Vogue has had in the position...

That's so cool!!! She has a cool job!!

ouizy said:

how cool is that? she rules. :up:

thats's so cute... :heart: :cute:

Back
Top Bottom