FAO - Monty Python Fans....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i just rated it a 5 star thread, but it dosn´t show :eyebrow:

:cool: Way to go... Now we can sit back and wait for someone to piss on the thread :wink:

Aardvark

I just found this on Play. The secret Policeman´s ball box set

Have you ever seen that ?

:wink: I have it my son!

Well worth buying - if only for the live performence of the 'Parrot Sketch' Cleese trying to break Palin up into laughter is just hysterical! Especially when he succeeds!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
:wink: I have it my son!

Well worth buying - if only for the live performence of the 'Parrot Sketch' Cleese trying to break Palin up into laughter is just hysterical! Especially when he succeeds!:wink:

I should have known that you already have it :wink:

Its now on my - Things to buy - list

Aardvark747 said:
Top of the pile I hope! Yimou, are u on MSN messenger at all? These chats could take on an even bigger form then!:wink:

Top of the pile of course :wink: And yeah i am on MSN so we might as well hook up a connection.

Aardvark747 said:
Was just browsing on Amazon, and I found this review on the Holy Grail....it MUST be a joke - surely?!:huh: :wink:

'I had checked this movie out earlier this summer, and the movie more or less left me with questions in my mind, and the ending of this movie disappointed me. I had no idea the film was over when it ended, and I don't want to spoil it for you, of how it ended, I thought the film contiuned on disc 2, but no, so more of less, I am disappointed of how the film ended, this film just ended on a cliff hanger, and I wonder just how the people that saw this in the theatre reacted when the movie was over, were they as disappointed in the ending as I? And some of the cast members was in Monty Puthon's Spamalot that is currently playin on broadway in New York. King Arhtur (Graham Chapman) and his knights has all sorts of adventures, along with searching for a Holy Grail. So I think that maybe in less you are prepaid to be disappointed, or like movies that end in a cliff hanger, you will like this one, I haven't seen this movie since it was returned to the video store, it was a rental copy, but I just don't seem intrested in all of adding this to my dvd collection, or any time soon. And maybe if the ending could have been better, then I might have given this 5 stars, but it will just have to get 4 stars from me, but you can give this movie whatever you like, I don't know if at this point, that I will see any of the other Monty Python movies, but I had to ask myself, just who is this Monty Python? I confess I don't know who this character is, or why do this films, has his name in the title, since he doesn't even appear in the movie, or at least this one.'

:|

No way! That MUST be satirical. Definitely... unless the author is terminally dimwitted. Even I cannot stir enough cynicism to believe that it could be a serious review.

sallycinnamon78 said:

No way! That MUST be satirical. Definitely... unless the author is terminally dimwitted. Even I cannot stir enough cynicism to believe that it could be a serious review.

I bet it was written by one of the Python's themselves!:wink:

Found some good news last nite - Spamalot is coming to the West End in London next year!:dancing:
I'll be there for sure! Maybe even opening night...:drool:

Here's my email Yimou - Ardvrk747@Hotmail.com

Buddy :wink:

Ripping Yarns, How To Irritate People, Do Not Adjust Your Set, At Last The 1948 Show. All arrived today so i am getting ready to start watching.

I just added you to MSN :wink: Ok,, time to check out the dvds

I am done with the - At last the 1948 show -

What a great DVD. Its very easy to see the connection between Monty Python and the 1948 show. It is in every as silly as the Python show.

Highlights

The Four Yorkshiremen - Priceless to see it in a pre-Python form.
Top of the form - Pork :lol: John: Now you are just guessing.
A Train carriage - Marty is amazing. I love the bit where he tells Cleese to look away so that he can make himself disappear. :back:
Lets speak English - This reminds me of a Python sketch :scratch: It must be a Python sketch because i have seen it before.
Thief in the library - When Graham runs to the toilet to scream :lol:

What are your thoughts on the dvd?

I am glad that i bought this dvd. Now its off to watch - Do not
adjust your set -

EDIT: Its pretty lame that they put a Terry Jones interview about Do not adjust your set on the dvd. I havn´t seen if its the same interview on the other dvd,,, but still lame.

Yep - it's the same Jonsey and Brooke-Taylor interviews on both dvd's sadly.

4 Yorkshiremen - that was lovely stuff! And yes, one of the biggest laughs I did was on that bit in the train where Marty 'disappears'!:lol:

You probably thought of the same Python sketch as I did when seeing the 'Let's speak English' skit - The Italian lessons for Italians by any chance?:wink:

I must say, I did get a little tired with the Amie McDonald scenes in each ep. She's no Carol Cleveland is she?!:drool:

Enjoy Do Not Adjust...
I'll tell u now, I skipped each performence by the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band :reject:

The Graham dvd arrived today so i decided to check it out. Its a nice dvd but the quality is not that good. They do warn you on the cover that the picture quality is bad.

Basicly it looks like a home video of one of Grahams comedy lectures. Its fun but its much more interesting to just be able to see one of his lectures.

The bonus material and the design of the whole disc sucks major ass. But i am sure that you would enjoy the disc anyway and it seems like its should be in a serious Python collection. :up: Like yours.

:bump:

I aint been around the last week Yimou! How did u find Ripping Yarns & How To Irritate People?:wink:

Hope u had a good u2 gig the other nite too! Enter Sandman during Vertigo 2....:rockon: :drool:

Yeah, i noticed you were gone Aardvark. But i havn´t been on MSN either so i assumed you were stuck on the toilet or something similar :wink:

I havn´t finished Ripping Yarns yet, but so far is hilarious. And How To Irritate People is great fun as well.

And i was not at the Copenhagen concert so i never heard the Metallica Snippet... Waiting for a boot to arrive :drool:

Just unlucky,, Didn´t get tickets to begin with and then fucked up a change to get tickets at the end,,

So where did you go last week ? a little holiday or are you trying to break your Interference addiction ?

sorry to break into your little chat, but I just wanted to show off a little bit :D

when I was at uni I did a radio project about beatles tribute bands. of course part of that was the Rutles.

and so I contacted neil innes to ask for an interview (seeing as eric idle lives in LA I figured it was a bit far to travel). Neil Innes was on tour at the time, but he phoned me at home and asked me to come to one of his shows.

so I went to the show in Hull, and before it he gave me an interview, during which he sang the Brave Sir Robin song especially for me :D

he also told me lots of stories about working with the pythons, including lots of stuff about the hollywood bowl show :up:

Unfortunately the interview and the resultant radio show I made are on mini disc and I don't have a mini disc player :shifty:

Excellent Bammo!

I saw Neil Innes on tour recently too, when he was down here in Paignton!:wink:

I wish Idle would do a low-key tour of England like that!:sad:

WHY wasnt I around when the Pythons were doing stage shows in places like Bristol and Coventry!:madspit:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom