FAO - Monty Python Fans.... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2005, 08:47 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:09 PM
One question.. Do you own the store you work in ??

Old 07-22-2005, 01:15 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yimou
One question.. Do you own the store you work in ??
Yes...for my sins!
It can be great sometimes, but just plain dull at others! Tho I suppose that is the same with most occupations!

Old 07-22-2005, 03:38 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I would like to be my own boss, but of course it also means that you are ultimately responsable for everything and NEED to do some selling. Still for having you own store.

Just waiting around for the dvds to show up at my doorstep. A clear sign of me being desperately in need of a hobby.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:51 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

I dont expect those new 2 to arrive before Monday...tho i'll love it if they do! We need to have them on the same day, so we can come bk on here with our thoughts!

As far as I know, they dont include ALL of the eps that were made of both shows, as some have been destroyed...but it will be just great to see ANY of this early stuff in full for the 1st time!
Old 07-22-2005, 04:06 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I wonder what went through David Frosts mind or whoever was responsable for destroying the episodes. It makes no sense.

But you are right that we should both be getting them on Monday. I am also looking forward to the Graham dvd. I have always wanted to see some footage form his lecturing tours.
The world needs a few more Grahams and Keith Moons to keep us entertained.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:36 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Agreed.

We can never have too many ppl, willing to attend a dinner party and crawl around on all fours, barking like a dog!
Old 07-22-2005, 04:43 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Old 07-22-2005, 06:14 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Aardvark, have you read the news about six new Monty Python episodes?. In the past week i have read the story on two seperate Danish news sites.

Basicly it says that the five Pythons have agreed to do six episodes. They all get their own episode which should be something like 60 minutes long. They will then pick their personal favorite sketches from the old shows and add some new material. And then all five will come together for the sixth episode.

It sounds very interesting and i hope its 100% true. One of the news sites claimed it was a sort of Tribute to Graham.

And a quick Cleese thing you might not know A few years ago some Danish comics created a very Python influenced show. It was a huge success and in one of the last episodes John Cleese joined them. He played a guy who thought he had invented a new fantastic device. What he had " invented " was a piece of wood with a few nails in it.. It was hilarious. Unfortunately i dont have any clips of it, though i think its released on a dvd.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:34 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Aardvark, have you read the news about six new Monty Python episodes?. In the past week i have read the story on two seperate Danish news sites.

Basicly it says that the five Pythons have agreed to do six episodes. They all get their own episode which should be something like 60 minutes long. They will then pick their personal favorite sketches from the old shows and add some new material. And then all five will come together for the sixth episode.

It sounds very interesting and i hope its 100% true. One of the news sites claimed it was a sort of Tribute to Graham.

Any link to a site with the news buddy? I go on www.pythonline.com often, but they are about as competent as u2.com!
Old 07-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #40
New Yorker

Quote:

My fiance told me about this today... sounds like fun!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:35 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78

My fiance told me about this today... sounds like fun!
Where can I see this news?!

...Yimou - guess what I got in the post today!!

Let me know if u got yours buddy! They are both in nicely presented boxes too!

Apparently the 48' show dvd, contains the original 4 Yorkshiremen sketch! I didnt even know about that!

Both dvd's say they contain an interview with Terry Jones.....even tho Jonesy wasnt a part of the 48' show... I hope it's not the SAME interview on both.

But I shouldnt be complaining! Cant wait to whack them on when I get home! I could actually pop em on the player in the shop here....it's pissing down with rain, so I dont think it will be that busy. I any case, people should enjoy it! It would be a change from having metal blaring in their ears when they walk in!
Old 07-23-2005, 03:44 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Just found this little tidbit from www.pythonline.com

ON THIS DAY IN PYTHON HISTORY...

John Cleese learns to drive a car. (July 1976)

Probably to enable him to perform that classic car-bashing sketch in the Gourmet ep of Fawlty Towers!
Old 07-23-2005, 05:45 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Aardvark,,, You lucky bastard,, Yoouuu lucky lucky bastard

I didn´t receive my dvds today so my guess is still Monday. But knowing that you got them will just make it more difficult for me to wait. LOL it sounds stupid about a Terry Jones Interview on both discs, but maybe he just wanted his name attached to both dvds.

I did a search for the Monty Python news but i couldn´t find it in English anywhere. Sally must be able to let us know where her fiance got the news.
But i will still post a link to the story on one of the Danish news sites. I think you will enjoy the way they spelled Monty Python

EDIT: Forgot the link

http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=302798
Old 07-23-2005, 06:29 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

I've abstained from putting them on at work so far, so ill wait and have an enjoyable nite later!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:35 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Fuck it,,, I´m coming over and i´ll bring the beers Now if i can only find a Taxi, Plane, Taxi.