FAO - Monty Python Fans....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to be my own boss, but of course it also means that you are ultimately responsable for everything and NEED to do some selling. Still :up: for having you own store.

Just waiting around for the dvds to show up at my doorstep. A clear sign of me being desperately in need of a hobby.

:wink:

I dont expect those new 2 to arrive before Monday...tho i'll love it if they do! We need to have them on the same day, so we can come bk on here with our thoughts!:wink:

As far as I know, they dont include ALL of the eps that were made of both shows, as some have been destroyed...but it will be just great to see ANY of this early stuff in full for the 1st time!

I wonder what went through David Frosts mind or whoever was responsable for destroying the episodes. It makes no sense.

But you are right that we should both be getting them on Monday. I am also looking forward to the Graham dvd. I have always wanted to see some footage form his lecturing tours.
The world needs a few more Grahams and Keith Moons to keep us entertained.

Aardvark, have you read the news about six new Monty Python episodes?. In the past week i have read the story on two seperate Danish news sites.

Basicly it says that the five Pythons have agreed to do six episodes. They all get their own episode which should be something like 60 minutes long. They will then pick their personal favorite sketches from the old shows and add some new material. And then all five will come together for the sixth episode.

It sounds very interesting and i hope its 100% true. One of the news sites claimed it was a sort of Tribute to Graham.

And a quick Cleese thing you might not know :wink: A few years ago some Danish comics created a very Python influenced show. It was a huge success and in one of the last episodes John Cleese joined them. He played a guy who thought he had invented a new fantastic device. What he had " invented " was a piece of wood with a few nails in it.. It was hilarious. Unfortunately i dont have any clips of it, though i think its released on a dvd.

yimou said:
Aardvark, have you read the news about six new Monty Python episodes?. In the past week i have read the story on two seperate Danish news sites.

Basicly it says that the five Pythons have agreed to do six episodes. They all get their own episode which should be something like 60 minutes long. They will then pick their personal favorite sketches from the old shows and add some new material. And then all five will come together for the sixth episode.

It sounds very interesting and i hope its 100% true. One of the news sites claimed it was a sort of Tribute to Graham.

:shocked:

Any link to a site with the news buddy? I go on www.pythonline.com often, but they are about as competent as u2.com!:wink:

yimou said:

My fiance told me about this today... sounds like fun!

sallycinnamon78 said:

My fiance told me about this today... sounds like fun!

Where can I see this news?!:sad:

...Yimou - guess what I got in the post today!!:dancing: :rockon:

Let me know if u got yours buddy! They are both in nicely presented boxes too!

Apparently the 48' show dvd, contains the original 4 Yorkshiremen sketch! I didnt even know about that!

Both dvd's say they contain an interview with Terry Jones.....even tho Jonesy wasnt a part of the 48' show...:eyebrow: I hope it's not the SAME interview on both.

But I shouldnt be complaining! Cant wait to whack them on when I get home! I could actually pop em on the player in the shop here....it's pissing down with rain, so I dont think it will be that busy. I any case, people should enjoy it! It would be a change from having metal blaring in their ears when they walk in!:rockon: :wink:

Aardvark,,, You lucky bastard,, Yoouuu lucky lucky bastard :wink:

I didn´t receive my dvds today so my guess is still Monday. But knowing that you got them will just make it more difficult for me to wait. LOL it sounds stupid about a Terry Jones Interview on both discs, but maybe he just wanted his name attached to both dvds.

I did a search for the Monty Python news but i couldn´t find it in English anywhere. Sally must be able to let us know where her fiance got the news.
But i will still post a link to the story on one of the Danish news sites. I think you will enjoy the way they spelled Monty Python :wink:

EDIT: Forgot the link

http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=302798

Fuck it,,, I´m coming over and i´ll bring the beers :wink: Now if i can only find a Taxi, Plane, Taxi.

I think my collection would please you!:yes:

And there's always U2...but they're 2nd rate when it comes to Python!:rockon: :wink:

That reminds me, the other nite when I was reading that new Bono on Bono book, he mentions both the Life Of Brian AND Holy Grail! He's a fan of both!
I was like this - :shocked: then :rockon:

:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

And there's always U2...but they're 2nd rate when it comes to Python!:rockon: :wink:

:rockon:

And the fact that Bono likes Life or Brian and the Holy Grail just adds to his coolness :wink:

A Gumby mousepad = The only acceptable mousepad a man can own.

My own collection is starting to look like something to be proud of. Though i have the entire Flying circus and all the movies on VHS. And then i also have Life of Brian on Laser disc and DVD ( Yep its pathetic ). And then ofcourse dvds of the Holy Grail and Meaning of life.

And with your help my dvd collection is starting to take shape. Now i just desperately needs the Live at the Hollywood bowl performance. I bet its out there on R1.

And this is a little clip for those not too familiar with the Pythons

The Fish slapping dance - Small file only 800kb

http://s14.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=158KHH3DXFP0M0XHVTCZ5IAL6N

The post havn´t been around yet, but i am keeping my fingers crossed.

I really want to ask a lot of questions about the dvd´s but maybe i should wait:wink:

Yeah - watch em' first!:wink:

In balance tho, I think I prefer 'Do not adjust...' over 48'. There was SO many sketches in both shows tho, that I could point to leading to a Python one!:wink:

Yep,, There´s a good chance of my mail box being bombarded with Python related dvd´s :wink: One can only hope

Excellent!

When u get them, ill start watching thru my Ripping Yarns eps again...I havent given them an airing in ages! Watch out for 'Curse of the claw' / 'Whinfrey's last case' / 'Golden Gorden' and 'Tomkinsons school days'

Absolute classics!:wink:

Cool :up:

I have a feeling that this thread will go on and on :wink:

Back
Top Bottom