Fantasy chosen occupation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dub

The Fly
I wonder what everyone would choose as their profession if education/life/reality didn't matter, like what you wanted to be when you were very young.
I would have loved to be a musician or an artistic painter, but unfortunately, I just don't have the natural born talent to it professionally. I do love photography and went to school to pursue it, but in the end, a regular paycheck and circumstances prevented me from doing it, though I still love photography as a hobby.
I think many people here are pursuing their life's dream, and that is truly commendable, but for those of us who have already "committed" themselves to other professions, what would you do if you could?

I've ALWAYS wanted to be a vetrinarian. The only reason I didn't do it is that I hate chemistry. :( :mad:

I'd also like to be a writer or artist, but I suck at both. :( :( :(

daisybean said:
I always wanted to be a singer. I love singing, unfortunately I'm tone deaf and well, the sound of my voice is only appreciated in the confines of my car.

This is me too! Unfortunately I inherited the singing abilities of my father's side of the family. My grandmother, mom and my aunt are all great singers.

I have always had the crazy thought that I would like to write a novel or some kind of book.

I always wanted to be a musician, drummer first then guitar player. My parents thought those were "boy" things so didn't encourage it. I attempted both as a teenager but gave them up for lack of financial support on my parents part.

guitar player. well, that's my unreasonable dream job now...when i was a little kid i wanted to do research in quantum physics. no joke. i was like 5...

AdamsMango said:
I want to be a rock journalist..thats what i am going to try and be..I dont want to be older and look at my life and be like "this blows. I wish i had......" so i am going to try and scheive my dreams

Ditto.

I also really want to be a guitarist, but it's much more unrealistic. I'm going to attempt to become a rock journalist but y'know.. guitarist dreams. ;)

Film director.

Of course, I also haven't given up on it either. Patience...

Melon

I would like to either be a DJ for an indie radio station (already applied)

or own my own record store...........

thats not to outlandish now is it???

i'd love to be in a band. Got a singer but no guitar or bass player yet. I think it would be great to be on screen!

Back
Top Bottom