Fantastic 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsp77

Refugee
This was the most godawful, piece of shit that I have seen in a long time. :barf:

you obviously missed the other thread where just about all of us agreed that just from the commercials alone....it was not worth seeing. :D:up:

Sorry you had to actually suffer through it.

bsp77 said:
This was the most godawful, piece of shit that I have seen in a long time. :barf:

:up:

Sorry you wasted your money. At least you've got Charlie :drool: coming out next week to atone for it.

elevation2u said:
you agreed??
you almost had a fit because someone made a thread complaining about it
phanan said:

Nah, I think he really did have a fit - at least he enjoyed himself.

:rolleyes:

LOOK....two people who are displaying the maturity I was speaking of in the other thread. :up:

Let's try and keep it on topic (like inmyplace did).

Did you guys (Phanam or elevation2u) see the movie?

Palace_Hero said:
Close this thread moderator. Spin off threads are not allowed.
the other thread got off-topic and had to be closed. in those instances, new threads can be allowed to be opened so long as they don't go off-topic and need to be closed as well.

i would like to ask EVERYONE to please drop everything that happened in the previous thread. if we would like this to not be a spin-off, we need to start with a clean slate. you know, talk about how much fantastic 4 sucks. :)

so please, no bringing up past arguments or anything from a previous thread. thanks!

I unfortunately saw this tonight (because my friends wanted to)...It was just as bad as it looked in the previews, although I somewhat enjoyed it because I was able to find an abundance of things in it that were unintentionally hilarious.

zonelistener said:

LOOK....two people who are displaying the maturity I was speaking of in the other thread. :up:

Let's try and keep it on topic (like inmyplace did).

Did you guys (Phanam or elevation2u) see the movie?

Just aspiring to reach your level...

It's phanan, actually. And based on the reviews here, this is probably a flick to hold off on.

zonelistener said:
you obviously missed the other thread where just about all of us agreed that just from the commercials alone....it was not worth seeing. :D:up:

Sorry you had to actually suffer through it.

I actually saw that thread, and even before that, I thought it would suck based on the previews. Rotten Tomatoes showed that it sucked too. But I had the afternoon off from work and had already seen Batman, War of the Worlds, and Mr and Mrs Smith, so, against my better judgement, I decided to see it.

And there is no way this is a spin-off. That was about anticipating it would suck before it became a massive argument and was closed. I wanted a place where people who had actually seen the movie could discuss it. Then again, please DON'T go see it.

phanan said:
Just aspiring to reach your level...

It's phanan, actually. And based on the reviews here, this is probably a flick to hold off on.
i already asked this once in the thread but i will ask it again, can we please not drag old arguments from a closed thread into this one? thanks!

KhanadaRhodes said:

i already asked this once in the thread but i will ask it again, can we please not drag old arguments from a closed thread into this one? thanks!

Yes, agreed.

Fantastic 4 currently has a "rotten" rating of 27% at rottentomatoes.com, so apparently many other people have the same view of this film.

Quite disappointing, especially since the X-Men movies have been very good.

:shrug:

I personally liked this movie. I thought it was very entertaining and fun. What didn't you all like about it?

briarrose said:
I personally liked this movie. I thought it was very entertaining and fun. What didn't you all like about it?

Bland characters.
Bad special effects, especially the solar flare.
Stupid story.
Silly jokes and overall tone.
Possibly the worst movie score I have ever heard.
And finally, the worst dialogue ever: "Let's not fight." "No, let's!" :barf:

bsp77 said:

Bland characters.
Bad special effects, especially the solar flare.
Stupid story.
Silly jokes and overall tone.
Possibly the worst movie score I have ever heard.
And finally, the worst dialogue ever: "Let's not fight." "No, let's!" :barf:

Well, the Fantastic Four aren't even close to being as cool as the X-men, but I still liked the characters. I didn't like the score at all and some of the dialogue was crappy. I still liked the movie.

briarrose said:

Well, the Fantastic Four aren't even close to being as cool as the X-men, but I still liked the characters. I didn't like the score at all and some of the dialogue was crappy. I still liked the movie.

Actually, I feel like I should have liked the characters, but Mr Fantastic was played too dull and Jessica Alba, while she looked good, acted horribly. The Human Torch was sometimes amusing and sometimes annoying. Now that I think about, The Thing and Dr Doom were kinda interesting, but compare them to Wolverine and Magneto, and they are nothing.

Seriously, I think the score really affected how I viewed the movie. The music was often silly sounding and deflated any feelings I might even think about having.

I wanted to enjoy the movie. I thought it would be mindless fun like National Treasure, which was also trounced by the critics. Alas.:tsk:

bsp77 said:

Actually, I feel like I should have liked the characters, but Mr Fantastic was played too dull and Jessica Alba, while she looked good, acted horribly. The Human Torch was sometimes amusing and sometimes annoying. Now that I think about, The Thing and Dr Doom were kinda interesting, but compare them to Wolverine and Magneto, and they are nothing.

Seriously, I think the score really affected how I viewed the movie. The music was often silly sounding and deflated any feelings I might even think about having.

I wanted to enjoy the movie. I thought it would be mindless fun like National Treasure, which was also trounced by the critics. Alas.:tsk:

It's amazing how much scores affect a movie. I have the Fantastic 4 game and the same music is played. It's repetitive and boring, just like it was in the movie.

It seems like movies always come out in a hurry when they could have been much better if a just a little more time had been put into it.

I can definitely see why people didn't like it. I enjoy superheroes so much that it is hard for me to dislike movies made about them (except for Elektra and Batman and Robin- they were awful).

Back
Top Bottom