Fall 06 TV Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
What are the new shows? Which ones interest you, look good/promising?

I've seen the commercial for 6 Degrees and read about it, it seems interesting

abc.com

It's said that six people separate any one person from another. Considering the millions of people in the United States alone, it's an amazing thought that we're connected to anyone and everyone by a chain of six.

Laura, a grieving single mother, begins the chain. Then to Whitney, the self-made success story who thinks her boyfriend is cheating. Move on to Steven, the artist/photographer who believes he's lost his 'eye.' Follow with Damian, who can't escape his criminal brother's shadow. Then to Mae, the girl with a dangerous past she's hiding from. And finally to Carlos, the good guy with a crush who doesn't know what he's in for.

These six strangers are going about their normal lives but not realizing the impact they're having on each other – yet. It's a mysterious web of seeming coincidence and happenstance that draws these people closer to those who will change their lives forever. Even decisions made freely will seem part of a larger design begging the question if there is a greater force at work in our world, guiding us along and connecting our lives.

The producers of Lost and Alias create an intriguing tale of intertwined strangers. It's a story that will prove just how small the world really is and how someone just five people away could be shaping your future right now. Starring Jay Hernandez (Friday Night Lights), Erika Christensen (Flightplan), Bridget Moynahan (Sex and the City), and Hope Davis (About Schmidt).

a few ABC shows

The Nine

abc.com

So much in life is beyond your control. One day you wake up and go to work like a regular day. Suddenly a random moment, an accident, a blessing, even a stranger, comes from out of the blue and redirects your life forever. But it's up to you to decide if that moment will stop you in your tracks or lift you up to new heights.

Today nine people face just such an unexpected twist when they are caught in a bank robbery gone wrong and endure a 52-hour hostage standoff that will leave two persons dead. When all is said and done, these nine people will never be the same. They will always share the common bond of what happens inside the bank…which only they'll know. And they will be forever affected and intertwined because of it.

From the creator of Without a Trace and an executive producer of The West Wing comes a dramatic character study that will keep audiences hooked from the beginning of the bank robbery to the end of the hostage standoff. Taking a twist from Lost, each episode will begin with a flashback to reveal another 10 minutes of the hostage crisis, uncovering why and how these nine strangers are still linked today. Starring Tim Daly (Wings), Chi McBride (Boston Public), and Scott Wolf (Party of Five).

Brothers and Sisters starring Calista Flockhart

Ugly Betty

abc.com

In the superficial world of high fashion, image is everything. Styles come and go and the only constants are wafer-thin beauties who wear it. Where could a girl who is less than pretty and a little bit pudgy possibly fit in?

If you knew Betty Suarez, you'd see how sweet, intelligent and hard-working she is. Few people ever get to know her because in the world of fashion, Betty is the oversized square peg, in the petite round hole. But finally, her looks and lack of fashion sense are going to be an asset. When publishing mogul Bradford Meade hands the reigns of his fashion magazine, Mode, over to his son Daniel, he specifically hires Betty as his son's new assistant - mostly because she's the only woman in NYC who Daniel won't sleep with. Repulsed at first, Betty will win him over with her efficiency. Neither of them really knows the ins and outs of the fashion world, but the two of them are a formidable team against the label-wearing sharks who will do anything to see them fail. That includes many couture co-workers with botoxed smiles on their faces and knives behind their Galliano backs.

Executive Producer Salma Hayek and the creator of Urban Legend brings the Latino television phenomenon to an English-speaking audience. America Ferrera (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) and Eric Mabius (The L Word) are the Working Girl couple who tackle the colorful, cutthroat world of fashion head on.

Whaat are the premiere dates for the returning favorites?

The NBC Fall Lineup has been drooling quite a bit.

The return of The Office, My Name is Earl, the Law and Orders, and Scrubs.

New shows:

30 Rock :lmao:
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip :rockon:
Twenty Good Years :lol:
Heroes :drool:

and I really liked Windfall this summer.

30 Rock and Studio 60 look promising-some Studio 60 was up on You Tube recently but I didn't watch it, it's probably been taken off now

I watched one episode of Windfall, so I didn't really know what was going on. One guy in it is extremely attractive :wink:

Studio 60 looked excellent from the clips I saw on NBC. :up:

and 30 Rock has Alec Baldwin, Tracy Morgan, and Tina Fey. I don't see it failing.

I missed Studio 60 on Youtube, but just saw Netflix has it for rent on DVD. How bizarre is that, putting out a TV pilot on DVD when it hasn't yet aired? :huh: I'm curious to see it; I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I'm also interested in Ugly Betty, although its original title, Betty the Ugly, was better. "Ugly Betty" just sounds mean.

Studio 60 and 30 Rock look very good. However, most of the new shows look like crappy rehashing and ripoffs of other shows and movies.

Heroes looks like 4400 and the X-Men.
Ugly Betty will be cancelled before the season ends.
The Nine looks like the next Windfall which is a bad thing.

Then there are the returning shows, I really have lost interest in Lost and Scrubs is starting down the same road. This is just my opinion but I think television is at a new low. Minus some great cable shows, I don't watch many TV shows.
I'm reduced to watching reruns of past shows like The X-Files, Dead Like Me, Twin Peaks and The West Wing.

Television today deserves a million of these :down:

Ooh, I haven't heard about that one. I might have to check one out.

Hopefully I won't end up cowering under the covers like I did watching "The Day After."

Of course, I was like 11 when that one was on. :wink:

I don't watch many different shows, and the only series on network TV I consistently keep up with is The Office. I guess you'd say that's the one I'm looking forward to.

And of course my usual liberal portions of Comedy Central programming.

inmyplace13 said:
I don't watch many different shows, and the only series on network TV I consistently keep up with is The Office. I guess you'd say that's the one I'm looking forward to.

And of course my usual liberal portions of Comedy Central programming.

I can't wait for the Office! I too love The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Steven, Stephen and Jon are the three funniest people on television. I remember The Daily Show when the three of them were together and I am so happy to see the three of them having so much success afterwards.

One reason to watch 6 Degrees, Jay Hernandez

:combust:

jay_hernandez.jpg

I'll check out 30 Rock but I'm looking forward to the return of My Name is Earl and the Office.

I can't say that any of the programming on network TV interests me in the least. :shrug:

Currently, I make an effort to watch the following programs:

The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Project Runway
What Not to Wear
Eureka (a little gem on the Sci-fi channel)
Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals
Jeopardy (yes, I am a :nerd: )
Random geeky documentaries as they appear on TLC, Discovery, History Channel et al

F/X is re-running Black.White. and I'm recording it to watch because I missed it the first time through.

Back
Top Bottom