Fake Plastic Trees vs. Exit Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choose...

• Fake Plastic Trees

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Exit Music

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • I can't pick one... I just can't. :crazy:

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
where is the love for Exit Music???:tsk:

the atmosphere on the song is amazing:drool:

and Colin's baseline is awesome:drool:

I love Fake Plastic Trees but Exit Music is just an incredible, incredible, chilling, haunting piece of work. It just keeps building and building and building until the HUGE but short-lived crescendo/climax, and concludes with Thom's chilling vocal, 'we hope.....that you choke......that you cho-oke.......we hope.....that you choke.....that you cho-oke.....'

:drool:

Fake Plastic Trees is a great, great, great song as well, but Exit Music is better imo.

I prefer Exit Music, although Fake Plastic Trees is superb as well. The mood of the former is so damn palpable, especially in the half-whispered vocals of the initial verse and the more dramatic parts towards the end.

FPT FTW!!!! :up:

Not that I don't love Exit Music, but Fake Plastic Trees still gets to me after so many listens.

That being said, How to Disappear Completely owns both of them. :drool:

Exit Music made me fall in love with Radiohead, and up to this day it is still my favourite song by them. :up:

Zootlesque said:
Both have strumalicious intros and awesome vocal crescendos towards the end.

I actually say this in my mind while listening :wink:

Exit Music. It's pretty much everything that's great about Radiohead.

I prefer Fake Plastic Trees. But I still I think OK Computer is the better album . I know that sounds backwards, but stilll. Fake Plastic Trees is a single to me. It is a brilliant piece of music on it's own, and it works beautifully on the singles collection that is The Bends. But OK Computer is such an album-oriented piece of work that Exit Music works better in context.

xaviMF22 said:

Electioneering???? :huh:

Christopher-Walken.jpg

But it has cowbell, baby.

Fitter Happier is the worst "song" on OK Computer. If anyone tries to tell me it's an artistic statement or some shit like that, I will fight you.

Oh, and Fake Plastic Trees :up:

xaviMF22 said:

ITS JUST GUITAR NOISE!! :mad:

um
no

karma police is by far the weakest link on ok computer.

i never much cared much for electioneering until i saw a video of them performing it live on jay leno.

jonny's the hero, of course. makes it that much better.

plus the clip on meeting people is easy makes me wet my pants.

i picked fake plastic trees, by the way.

i love exit music, but fake plastic trees is more my style.

and it wears me out, it wears me out...

and if i could be who you wanted, if i could be who you wanted

all the time...

story of my life, right there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom