Fake or real?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Christmas trees, you sickos :angry:

Of course I prefer real trees, they are beautiful and I love the scent of a fresh tree.

But if *I* have to be the one to do the tree, fake wins. Karl is allergic to the residue on most Christmas trees, and I tend to be slow about getting the tree down after the holiday (I think Valentines Day has been the record) - if it's fake there is less risk of a fire hazard. And no piles of needles to clean up. Or water level to keep an eye on. :yawn:

What's your vote?

Last edited:
Aw I miss real trees :( We've had a fake one for the past who knows how many years... prolly about 5 or 6 now. My cat used to drink the water from the base and get sick... plus the needles were a bugger to clean up, so my parents decided a fake one would be easier. :shrug: I guess they are, but I miss having a real one. The pine scent, the coziness it brings...

My vote goes for real, just for old times' sake :)

I prefer real but we have to do fake...we're all allergic. Last year we decided to try real and my poor son was begging me to take the tree down on the 26th. He couldn't breath and had to use his inhaler constantly. I felt like a horrible mom :reject:

The weather doesn't allow us to keep a real tree at home (we are in a very hot summer here) so most of people has to buy fake trees...

but it would be cool to have a real one...

Real, always real.

We've had a real tree since I was little--it's a tradition now. Not only that, I just feel that with a fake tree that we're cheating or something. Maybe because none of us are allergic, or because we really have no reasons to get a fake one. The mess isn't so bad....it's such a tradition now that we don't even simply buy a real tree: there's a farm up north that grows trees specifically for the purpose and we go there every year to chop one down (usually, one of the biggest ones we can find). I love the smell....

real real real real real

i can say that too, i'm the one who usually puts the tree in the stant (well, i get my mom to hold it so it doesn't fall on me,but i do the majority of the work)

fake trees are evil. especially the ones that aren't green.

Being able to breathe ranks pretty high on my list. So I vote fake.
I do remember having real trees as a child.

Only real trees for Vermonters :up:

The ones that scare me are the fake white trees wrapped in red lights.......:yikes: They look so damn freaky!

huh....I have never heard anyone being allergic to thier christmas tree...thats a new one for me:ohmy:

I wish we could have a real tree but my fiance is allergic :huh: at my home in texas we had a real tree until I was about 16 but then my mom just decided to get a fake one :( I miss the piney smell

bonosloveslave said:
Christmas trees, you sickos :angry:

Of course I prefer real trees, they are beautiful and I love the scent of a fresh tree.

But if *I* have to be the one to do the tree, fake wins. Karl is allergic to the residue on most Christmas trees, and I tend to be slow about getting the tree down after the

I have a fake one for the same reason

I feel sorry for all the real trees that get cut down and never bought :( What they should do is have a tree farm where people can go choose one and cut it down, and leave the ones they don't want.

I'm surprised at so many people who are allergic! That stinks! :slant:

We get a real one. My parents always get one from my grandparents "Tree farm" :shifty: - just like all my aunts & uncles do. At Christmas all us cousins laugh at how we all have the same type Charlie-brown tree :laugh:

My roommates and I just bought a real tree, and the smell is sooooooooooo delicious :sick:

Upside to real trees - the scent

Upside to fake trees - easy to obtain (get it from the garage/attic); easy to set up; no needles; no sap; no watering; no bugs

I had to let go of my midwestern roots and accept a fake tree here in California.

Funny story - two weeks ago, a friend asked my son "what is your favorite part about Christmas decorations." He replied, "the smell of the Christmas tree."

We've had a fake tree for a few years now. :|

When I first moved here I bought "Noel" a small Norfolk pine tree in a pot. I'd bring him in each December, until he got too big and planted him in the yard. Then I started again with "Leon", same thing, he eventually got too big. I was walking down the street in early January, two years ago and saw a huge artifical tree for $25..BARGAIN!!( u know I :heart: bargains) and I realised, I don't want a yard full of gigantic norfolk island pine trees.
My youngest son enjoys decorating the tree, he starts school holidays today, so I'd better make some room for it....and do some Christmas shopping:yikes:
There is a slash pine plantation near where I live and the dang things have spread for kilometres. This is the time of year you see guilty looking men with a carload of kids, parked on the side of a road, axe in hand , whistling and looking at the sky as you drive by...."who me? chopping down someone's tree?"
I say chop the mongrels down, they are a weed species here.
The native sheoak pines, make a lovely tree,if you get a young well-shaped one. They smell so nice.
I'd like to tell the story of my parents antique German musicbox/Christmas tree, I LOVE that thing...but I'd better:silent:
MERRY CHRISTMAS

we always try to take a tree that won't make it on its own....you know, he would be choked out by bigger trees and die anyway...so we like to give him the glory of being a christmas tree:D

Northeast said:

The ones that scare me are the fake white trees wrapped in red lights.......:yikes: They look so damn freaky!

seriously, those things look evil!

although it might keep my cat from trying to eat it...:hmm: :no:

Back
Top Bottom