Fake, Nigeria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is this playlist Phanan? I haven't been paying attention but the Sigur Ros song looks a tad out of place imo...

:lol:

I had no playlists downloaded in time for work today, so with nothing better to do, I've got the iPod on shuffle.

And yeah, this messes things up, that's for sure. I just went from AC/DC to Elton John.

Supertramp - Dreamer
Sigur Ros - All Alright
Todd Rundgren - I Saw The Light
AC/DC - What Do You Do For Money Honey
Elton John - The King Must Die

My shuffle thing was a fucking trainwreck. I might just re-listen to a DI5 list now.

I love that song. I would totally pwn you guys if you ever did a 70's cheesy pop Desert Island. :drool:

(stuff I heard as a kid on our local lame-ass radio station - I've recently rediscovered a fondness for it.)

Oh, I could easily do that.

That would be fuckin' hilarious actually. Imagine a playlist with something like:

Afternoon Delight
The Night Chicago Died
Saturday Night
Seasons In The Sun

We could go on and on.

Questions for the random music discussion superthread: ;)

1. Do you have all your physical CDs imported to itunes? I have most but not all of them imported.

2. How many songs do you have in itunes? I think I have about 5500 or something.

Supertramp - Dreamer
Sigur Ros - All Alright
The Beatles - Old Brown Shoe

Apparently the iPod is into older stuff at the moment...

1. All the ones I could find, yes.

2. My iTunes is a family one. There's 2000 songs, 1300 of which are mine.

1. Do you have all your physical CDs imported to itunes? I have most but not all of them imported.

Seeing as how I have over 1,000 CDs, not even close.

2. How many songs do you have in itunes? I think I have about 5500 or something.

Don't know how many I have in iTunes, but I have just over 8,700 on the iPod at the moment.

1. Most of them.

2. It's a bit bloated right now, but 7030.

Oh, I could easily do that.

That would be fuckin' hilarious actually. Imagine a playlist with something like:

Afternoon Delight
The Night Chicago Died
Saturday Night
Seasons In The Sun

We could go on and on.

That's what I'm talking about! And the funny thing is, I think my radio station must have stopped purchasing new music in about 78 or 79, and they've continued playing the same stuff for decades. To the extent that my daughter knows it all really well, too, from when I'd put the station on for local news or weather. She'll hear a song title, look at me and ask if she knows it, and I reply "yup, it's a CKPC song." That's what we call the entire genre, CKPC songs.

A couple of months ago, she downloaded a 35 cd set of 70's music, and we went through it to see how much she knows, and it turned out to be quite a lot of it.

1. No, i have about 50% or so but a lot of it is stuff I don't listen too as much anymore

2. 3524

N/A. I don't have iTunes.

Supertramp - Dreamer
Sigur Ros - All Alright
The Beatles - Old Brown Shoe
God Is An Astronaut - Fire Flies And Empty Skies

:fuckyeah:

1) Up until recently, I had very few cds ripped. At this point, I'd say probably 10 - 20% now.

2) I haven't checked in a while, but it was around 10,000 songs. I've added a TON of stuff since then, though. Maybe 14,000 or 15,000 now?

That's what I'm talking about! And the funny thing is, I think my radio station must have stopped purchasing new music in about 78 or 79, and they've continued playing the same stuff for decades. To the extent that my daughter knows it all really well, too, from when I'd put the station on for local news or weather. She'll hear a song title, look at me and ask if she knows it, and I reply "yup, it's a CKPC song." That's what we call the entire genre, CKPC songs.

A couple of months ago, she downloaded a 35 cd set of 70's music, and we went through it to see how much she knows, and it turned out to be quite a lot of it.

Scary, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom