Fake, Nigeria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take just one album. Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, 4th Of July, Bad, Indian Summer Sky, Elvis Presley And America. That's over half the album.

I think one word titles like "Pride" and "Bad" are pretty inoffensive, although "Bad" perhaps fails for false advertisement. No doubt that EPAA is a terrible name that should remain an acronym when discussed.

you're really digging Catherine Wheel I see...

Yep. :drool:

Haha, you're completely right with BAB. That's a great song, but I overlooked it a long time simply because of the title. There are a lot of terrible titles from shoegaze albums, actually.

Yeah, a couple of nights ago, I was thinking "there was a song near the end of Ferment that I really enjoy *looks at tracklisting* but I've no idea which it is! Guess I'll just play it from Shallow and see what happens", and when it rolled around, I was genuinely surprised to find it's Bill And Ben. That title just screams "this is going to be rubbish filler".

And yeah, it seems the shoegazers sure had that tendency - and it crept into their band names too. I mean, Ride, Lush, My Bloody Valentine? Those are terrible band names.

How are The Unforgettable Fire, 4th of July, and Bad poor titles?

The Unforgettable Fire ... I don't know, it just sounds silly. I feel almost goofy saying it. It feels like it should be some flaky pop song or something, not a beautiful atmospheric track packed full of SuperWin.

I don't see what's not poor about 4th Of July. It sounds like a working title.

Bad ... yeah, false advertising, and it just makes me think of people saying "hurrr, they got that right!"

I Threw a Brick Through a Window is a very good song title, I think.

Ha, I've always thought that's one of the worst on October.

Wait, now that I think about it, maybe not. October's got its share of bad titles. I Fall Down, Stranger In A Strange Land, and Is That All? especially.

Ha, I've always thought that's one of the worst on October.

Wait, now that I think about it, maybe not. October's got its share of bad titles. I Fall Down, Stranger In A Strange Land, and Is That All? especially.

I like titles that aren't lyrics in the song, most of the time, unless they're stupid like Elvis Presley and America.

I'm sure you all will be disappointed that I won't be able to review any Retro playlists today. I didn't have time to download any this morning since I had to make sure I was on time to that fucking meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom