Fake, Nigeria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I've technically been single since February last year, but we were together for all intents and purposes until at least late November. Part of the reason I'm such a Superthread regular is that Kate seriously fucked me over just a week after this place burst into existence in February this year and it was somewhere friendly and distracting to latch onto. But enough of that! It feels like years ago anyway.

Whenever I get Ali and U-Wen to come over for a Phail band session, I'll have to make sure I have some muffins baked. It's a good incentive for me to spend more time in the kitchen and less at this bloody computer! :lol:

Sorry to hear it happened in such a way... Glad though that you can find some friends and comfort here :)

I think food is very important though, and highly underrated by some people. I'm not saying you always have to make a super-deluxe fancy dinner, but some people really don't find food important and don't even enjoy it. I don't get that :|

I've never understood how people can survive on those frozen, pre-made dinner things. I'll sometimes keep a frozen lasagne in the fridge for those nights when I get home from uni and just do NOT want to cook (though that's only when I don't have any of my own homemade lasagne left; I cook it in big batches and store slices for later), but we're talking once every couple of months here.

But I was raised by a wine connossieur for a father and a professional baker and cake decorator for a mother, so it was pretty inevitable that I'd grow up with a fond appreciation for food!

Not-so-good morning, PFan. Has she at least got a decent reason for doing so?

She has to clean the church and I need to be awake in case something happens to the house.

She's a worst case scenario type person.

Sorry to hear it happened in such a way... Glad though that you can find some friends and comfort here :)

Yeah, thanks to here I've even made some real life friends, heh. It still cracks me up that U-Wen and I, quite by accident, ended up in the same course at university.

I think food is very important though, and highly underrated by some people. I'm not saying you always have to make a super-deluxe fancy dinner, but some people really don't find food important and don't even enjoy it. I don't get that :|

Now, though I've just returned to the thread, I saw this and it brings me to something curious. You see, one of my friends is currently doing a cooking apprenticeship, and plans on becoming a chef overseas. However, though I wish him the best of luck, it feels incredibly strange to me, as this guy eats irregularly and often infrequently, and when he does, it's like a packet of fries from McDonald's, or cheaply made sandwiches. Hardly gourmet. Hardly even edible. So sometimes I wonder why he's even going for the job, since he's seemingly been exposed to such little good food.

Elfa, Fake Nigeria has no poverty, just lots of people with $5 million who need YOU to look after it. Totally legit, I swear. :up:

She has to clean the church and I need to be awake in case something happens to the house.

She's a worst case scenario type person.

This literally caused me to laugh out loud. OH NOEZ, THE SKY MIGHT FALL DOWN ON THE HOUSE.

Sorry you were awakened prematurely, Pfan. And for a rather dodgy reason. Doesn't she think with you being IN the house you'd notice if something happened to it?

Reggo, if he's not awake, he might sleep soundly while the house runs away to join the circus.

I can't believe either how people can survive on pre-made dinners and other foodstuffs. Real fresh food is better. Sometimes I have something in the freezer as well, but that's even homemade!

I can't believe either how people can survive on pre-made dinners and other foodstuffs. Real fresh food is better. Sometimes I have something in the freezer as well, but that's even homemade!

Before every university semester, I make a point of baking a stack of muffins and cooking some lasagnes and stuff like that, so that I can store them in the freezer as quick lunches and dinners for when I'm studying and don't want to break my rhythm by spending half an hour cooking or whatever. Works pretty well.

I really miss my childhood in New Zealand - I lived in a small seaside country town, and so much stuff that I now just buy from the supermarket was fresh back then. Tomato sauce? Made with tomatoes from my mother's garden. Apples? There was an apple tree out the back. Strawberry, raspberry, blackberry jam? Made by my grandmother with berries from her garden. Eggs? From my best friend's chickens (not that I can eat egg, but Mum loved it). Meats? The local butcher knew what we liked and got it from local farmers whenever possible. You can't beat that sort of thing.

:drool: :drool: Now I'm hungry and nostalgic ...

She thinks something could set on fire because it happened at her brother's house once. There is a precedent, anyway.

Before every university semester, I make a point of baking a stack of muffins and cooking some lasagnes and stuff like that, so that I can store them in the freezer as quick lunches and dinners for when I'm studying and don't want to break my rhythm by spending half an hour cooking or whatever. Works pretty well.

I really miss my childhood in New Zealand - I lived in a small seaside country town, and so much stuff that I now just buy from the supermarket was fresh back then. Tomato sauce? Made with tomatoes from my mother's garden. Apples? There was an apple tree out the back. Strawberry, raspberry, blackberry jam? Made by my grandmother with berries from her garden. Eggs? From my best friend's chickens (not that I can eat egg, but Mum loved it). Meats? The local butcher knew what we liked and got it from local farmers whenever possible. You can't beat that sort of thing.

:drool: :drool: Now I'm hungry and nostalgic ...

Ah, the good old days... :drool: Nostalgia sets in every now and then, especially when it comes to food, or music or things like that :wink:

Now, though I've just returned to the thread, I saw this and it brings me to something curious. You see, one of my friends is currently doing a cooking apprenticeship, and plans on becoming a chef overseas. However, though I wish him the best of luck, it feels incredibly strange to me, as this guy eats irregularly and often infrequently, and when he does, it's like a packet of fries from McDonald's, or cheaply made sandwiches. Hardly gourmet. Hardly even edible. So sometimes I wonder why he's even going for the job, since he's seemingly been exposed to such little good food.

Wow, yeah, that does seem like a bit of an odd career choice. I'm currently hoping I can talk one of my friends out of being ... well, he can't be a teacher with the qualifications he's got anyway, so I guess a teacher's aide or something. I mean, we need all the teachers we can get, but he's the LAST person who should be dealing with children. HE'S AFRAID OF TOMATO SAUCE FOR FUCK'S SAKE. He's one of those people who's about to turn 21 and has been kept in cotton wool by hyper-religious, mentally unstable parents his entire life.

That is weird indeed... Hopefully he'll make sudden mental change regarding food, otherwise he's really doomed. I mean, when he doesn't really care for food or eating healthy, aspiring to become a chef overseas is a big choice to make.

Hey, MJ, I just noticed your custom user title. I don't suppose it is in any way a reference to this little incident? I studied that last semester at university, and funnily enough it came up in conversation when I saw the ophthalmologist on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom