Fake, Nigeria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god, dinner smells good tonight.

Hot Hungarian salami, roma tomatoes, onion, spring onion, camembert cheese, corn relish, pepper, various herbs, barbecue sauce, and mustard in a Turkish roll. Damn, I forgot olives. Oh well.

Aaand it tastes pretty rockin' too.

Shame the thread isn't rockin' any more. Far too quiet. :down:

Oh, hey Bonnie! I was just about to send up some signal flares to see where everybody had got to. I had this lined up as the Bonnie Signal:

Nowhereridecover.jpg

Oh, hey Bonnie! I was just about to send up some signal flares to see where everybody had got to. I had this lined up as the Bonnie Signal:

Nowhereridecover.jpg

:lol:

Yeah, that probably would have got me back here from Hindley St. in a couple of minutes.

What were the other signals you had prepared? :hmm:

:lol:

Yeah, that probably would have got me back here from Hindley St. in a couple of minutes.

What were the other signals you had prepared? :hmm:

I don't doubt it. :wink:

Here's the other signals I had ready when you came back.

Ali Signal

800px-Pahoehoe_lava.jpg

U-Wen Signal

V_taking_a_bow.jpg

Jen Signal

600px-Anaconda_jaune_34.JPG

cin Signal

Dermotmorgan.jpg

Anna Signal

s640x480

And, of course, it just wouldn't be right to send up a bunch of signal flares and not use the original, the Tourist Signal.

BUG PINUS.

Where the hell is Andrew anyway? I suppose off enjoying being engaged or something positively mad like that.

Oh, Bonnie, while you were away, I spent a few days seriously fuckin' enjoying Catherine Wheel's Ferment and Chrome albums. I love how Chrome even has some songs heavy enough for me to headbang to. That's some rockin' shoegazer alright.

Oh, Bonnie, while you were away, I spent a few days seriously fuckin' enjoying Catherine Wheel's Ferment and Chrome albums. I love how Chrome even has some songs heavy enough for me to headbang to. That's some rockin' shoegazer alright.

Fuck yes. :rockon: Glad you liked them - I didn't rock out much during the holiday, mainly listened to the radio in the car since Dad was there, but I did listen to JT in full (actually, I skipped BTBS and RTSS because they do nothing for me anymore) down at Fleurieu, which was cool. Hadn't listened to the album in a long time.

Oh, absolutely mad indeed.

Also, what have I missed lately?

He's only got himself to blame too!

Eh, really you didn't miss much. I'm trying to think of significant forum events and there really weren't any. Like the thread we knocked aside in 6.5 hours? We were just chatting amongst ourselves; no huge flamewars or anything riveting like that.

There was a suggestion that we need to write our own Superthread Purity Test, though, to address some of the deficiencies with the current one.

Fuck yes. :rockon: Glad you liked them - I didn't rock out much during the holiday, mainly listened to the radio in the car since Dad was there, but I did listen to JT in full (actually, I skipped BTBS and RTSS because they do nothing for me anymore) down at Fleurieu, which was cool. Hadn't listened to the album in a long time.

I routinely start JT from RHMT nowadays since I've heard the first half so much, though if I were to start from Streets, ISHFWILF is the only song I'd skip prior to RHMT. And, of course, on the second half I skip TTYW. My own U2 listening lately has been pretty much just October, though. And With A Shout, despite the fact I like it, still won't stick in my head. I expect when Phail does it, I'll end up just singing "Jeeee-rooo-suuuh-liiiiim, woooaaaaooohh, to the side of a hill! Blood was spilt! Jeeee-roooo-suuuuuh-liiiiiim!" over and over again.

And I totally need more rockin' Ride/Catherine Wheel/Swervedriver/Verve sort of shoegazer.

Haha, how did this come to be? How is the other one deficient?

1. It is not possible for a man to get 0%, since a man can't have an abortion.
2. I shall call this the Mia Flaw. Mia is 83% while I am 69%. Mia has lived more than me. By all rights, Mia should be lower than me. And she sure as hell should not be equal with uncoolian.
3. Plus we just want some more interesting stuff in there. Some Superthread-specific stuff too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Did you get drunk specifically to drunkpost? Did you only get drunk because people on the Superthread encouraged you?" sort of questions.

I routinely start JT from RHMT nowadays since I've heard the first half so much, though if I were to start from Streets, ISHFWILF is the only song I'd skip prior to RHMT. And, of course, on the second half I skip TTYW. My own U2 listening lately has been pretty much just October, though. And With A Shout, despite the fact I like it, still won't stick in my head. I expect when Phail does it, I'll end up just singing "Jeeee-rooo-suuuh-liiiiim, woooaaaaooohh, to the side of a hill! Blood was spilt! Jeeee-roooo-suuuuuh-liiiiiim!" over and over again.

And I totally need more rockin' Ride/Catherine Wheel/Swervedriver/Verve sort of shoegazer.

I would have probably skipped some more if it weren't for the fact I was in the car, didn't want to be too distracting. Though I still wouldn't skip WOWY, fuck the fact everyone's heard it a billion times and that it's inspired terrible songs in an even greater number, that is still one damn good song.

I downloaded Loop's Heaven's End tonight, never heard any of their stuff (I remember seeing their albums worth over sixty dollars before) but I heard this was one of the great masterpieces of the slightly pre-shoegaze era. I think I'll get to it tonight. Also got some Swirlies and Skywave to get through, but what I've heard from both of them is real cool.

1. It is not possible for a man to get 0%, since a man can't have an abortion.
2. I shall call this the Mia Flaw. Mia is 83% while I am 69%. Mia has lived more than me. By all rights, Mia should be lower than me. And she sure as hell should not be equal with uncoolian.
3. Plus we just want some more interesting stuff in there. Some Superthread-specific stuff too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Did you get drunk specifically to drunkpost? Did you only get drunk because people on the Superthread encouraged you?" sort of questions.

I had always wondered why Mia's was rather high. Yeah, I'm digging these ideas, completely.

I had always wondered why Mia's was rather high. Yeah, I'm digging these ideas, completely.

I'm thinking we also need something like "have you taken a photo of a train/plane/stadium/rock for somebody on the Superthread?" question, and "have you put off other activities to spend time on the Superthread?"

The test could be full of serious lulz.

I would have probably skipped some more if it weren't for the fact I was in the car, didn't want to be too distracting. Though I still wouldn't skip WOWY, fuck the fact everyone's heard it a billion times and that it's inspired terrible songs in an even greater number, that is still one damn good song.

I downloaded Loop's Heaven's End tonight, never heard any of their stuff (I remember seeing their albums worth over sixty dollars before) but I heard this was one of the great masterpieces of the slightly pre-shoegaze era. I think I'll get to it tonight. Also got some Swirlies and Skywave to get through, but what I've heard from both of them is real cool.

Yeah, I'd never skip WOWY. It still sounds brilliant. I just wish it had the Shine Like Stars verse. That really makes the song and sends it to another level entirely.

I'm not familiar with any of those three - do tell me what they're like. Right now, I'm actually listening to Chrome again. I think as an album, I prefer Ferment, but Chrome's awesome too. Kill Rhythm is one hell of an opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom