Fake, Nigeria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Ax, what's your take on early (pre Atom Heart Mother) Pink Floyd? I'm finding myself enjoying the b-sides and rarities far more than the actual albums. They're not perfect, but I could listen to See Emily Play and Paintbox for an eternity.

Hey, Ax, what's your take on early (pre Atom Heart Mother) Pink Floyd? I'm finding myself enjoying the b-sides and rarities far more than the actual albums. They're not perfect, but I could listen to See Emily Play and Paintbox for an eternity.

Well, it's hardly any secret that I enjoy Syd-era Floyd. Between his departure and AHM? I haven't paid too much attention to that stuff, though More has a few rather good songs and, of course, the genius of Cymbaline.

It's officially 7 minutes after the rug rat went to bed, and I've had two shots of vodka. Already approaching :drunk:

You know what I've recently discovered goes well together?

Vanilla vodka and diet cherry coke.

I'd have one now, but I'm afraid the caffeine would keep me up ... and I've already had two nights in a row of crappy sleep.

Well, it's hardly any secret that I enjoy Syd-era Floyd. Between his departure and AHM? I haven't paid too much attention to that stuff, though More has a few rather good songs and, of course, the genius of Cymbaline.

I've overplayed pretty much every PF album from Meddle on, so it's about all I can stomach anymore. They wrote so many striking pop songs that are hardly ever mentioned. The later albums are better, but one man can only hear DSOTM so many times before getting restless.

I downloaded a version of the Man And The Journey set from '69 that was highly entertaining and creative. There are so many bands that I wish would revitalize their catalogue in such a way.

You know what I've recently discovered goes well together?

Vanilla vodka and diet cherry coke.

I'd have one now, but I'm afraid the caffeine would keep me up ... and I've already had two nights in a row of crappy sleep.
That sounds awesome! I must try that. But fo rtonight I got vodka, sprite and lemon :)lol:) juice. I got a bastardised Timothy Leary is what I got.

I had a hard time avoiding laughter on the 10th when we were advised of rains and possible hail overnight ... and from 9am on the 10th to 9am on the 11th, we got all of 0.2 mm of rain. Woop-dee-fucking-doo!

I've overplayed pretty much every PF album from Meddle on, so it's about all I can stomach anymore. They wrote so many striking pop songs that are hardly ever mentioned. The later albums are better, but one man can only hear DSOTM so many times before getting restless.

I downloaded a version of the Man And The Journey set from '69 that was highly entertaining and creative. There are so many bands that I wish would revitalize their catalogue in such a way.

It's funny, the more I've listened to DSOTM, the more it's actually grown on me. I was very underwhelmed by it initially compared to WYWH and Animals and such. But yeah, I can see what you mean, for sure.

I've a set of The Man And The Journey too - is the one you got from somewhere in the Netherlands? I admittedly haven't played the bootleg in a good couple of years, but it's certainly a fascinating thing. Even if it didn't always work out, PF were stunningly creative around that time and certainly pushed some limits.

I'm doing my darndest to avoid spoilers for the X-Files movie. My friends on LiveJournal seem to be talking about nothing BUT the spoilers.

:uhoh:

Okay, I'm a lightweight. Two shots and I'm too wasted to stand up. :lmao:

It always seems when the weather dudes and dudettes make a big fuss about a storm, we wind up getting nothing.

It's when they start saying that there's a 'weak' cold front coming in. That's when you usually get slammed.

It always seems when the weather dudes and dudettes make a big fuss about a storm, we wind up getting nothing.

It's when they start saying that there's a 'weak' cold front coming in. That's when you usually get slammed.

Weather forecasting: the only job where you're paid to be wrong 98% of the time.

It's funny, the more I've listened to DSOTM, the more it's actually grown on me. I was very underwhelmed by it initially compared to WYWH and Animals and such. But yeah, I can see what you mean, for sure.

I've a set of The Man And The Journey too - is the one you got from somewhere in the Netherlands? I admittedly haven't played the bootleg in a good couple of years, but it's certainly a fascinating thing. Even if it didn't always work out, PF were stunningly creative around that time and certainly pushed some limits.

I suppose Dark Side was a poor example. The Wall would be considerably more apt. I only play that one a couple times a year.

Yes, it was Amsterdam. Great sound quality, outside of the occasional tape wah. When I first saw the set, my eyes must have been wide as saucers because I didn't recognize the titles. Upon closer inspection, I was sad to find out that "fuuuuuck, these are the same songs with different titles". :lol:

I suppose Dark Side was a poor example. The Wall would be considerably more apt. I only play that one a couple times a year.

Yes, it was Amsterdam. Great sound quality, outside of the occasional tape wah. When I first saw the set, my eyes must have been wide as saucers because I didn't recognize the titles. Upon closer inspection, I was sad to find out that "fuuuuuck, these are the same songs with different titles". :lol:

I've never been able to listen to all of The Wall in one sitting. I've tried. But by halfway through the second disc, I just give up.

Hah! When I got the bootleg, it at least had the songs labelled so that I knew what the deal was. And at the time I really badly wanted to hear a live Cymbaline. :drool:

hey guyfs! My sis is coming on the thread. Serena. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom