Fake, Nigeria Superthread - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Starting off with The Who this morning.
Baba O'Riley, by any chance?

Old 07-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #197
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:23 AM
Reggo, if he's not awake, he might sleep soundly while the house runs away to join the circus.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I can't believe either how people can survive on pre-made dinners and other foodstuffs. Real fresh food is better. Sometimes I have something in the freezer as well, but that's even homemade!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
Baba O'Riley, by any chance?
No, Quadrophenia, the album.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
excellent choice.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #201
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Ah, good choice
Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Reggo, if he's not awake, he might sleep soundly while the house runs away to join the circus.
Of course!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #203
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I can't believe either how people can survive on pre-made dinners and other foodstuffs. Real fresh food is better. Sometimes I have something in the freezer as well, but that's even homemade!
Before every university semester, I make a point of baking a stack of muffins and cooking some lasagnes and stuff like that, so that I can store them in the freezer as quick lunches and dinners for when I'm studying and don't want to break my rhythm by spending half an hour cooking or whatever. Works pretty well.

I really miss my childhood in New Zealand - I lived in a small seaside country town, and so much stuff that I now just buy from the supermarket was fresh back then. Tomato sauce? Made with tomatoes from my mother's garden. Apples? There was an apple tree out the back. Strawberry, raspberry, blackberry jam? Made by my grandmother with berries from her garden. Eggs? From my best friend's chickens (not that I can eat egg, but Mum loved it). Meats? The local butcher knew what we liked and got it from local farmers whenever possible. You can't beat that sort of thing.

Now I'm hungry and nostalgic ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #204
Blue Crack Supplier

She thinks something could set on fire because it happened at her brother's house once. There is a precedent, anyway.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Before every university semester, I make a point of baking a stack of muffins and cooking some lasagnes and stuff like that, so that I can store them in the freezer as quick lunches and dinners for when I'm studying and don't want to break my rhythm by spending half an hour cooking or whatever. Works pretty well.

I really miss my childhood in New Zealand - I lived in a small seaside country town, and so much stuff that I now just buy from the supermarket was fresh back then. Tomato sauce? Made with tomatoes from my mother's garden. Apples? There was an apple tree out the back. Strawberry, raspberry, blackberry jam? Made by my grandmother with berries from her garden. Eggs? From my best friend's chickens (not that I can eat egg, but Mum loved it). Meats? The local butcher knew what we liked and got it from local farmers whenever possible. You can't beat that sort of thing.

Now I'm hungry and nostalgic ...
Ah, the good old days... Nostalgia sets in every now and then, especially when it comes to food, or music or things like that
Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #206
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Now, though I've just returned to the thread, I saw this and it brings me to something curious. You see, one of my friends is currently doing a cooking apprenticeship, and plans on becoming a chef overseas. However, though I wish him the best of luck, it feels incredibly strange to me, as this guy eats irregularly and often infrequently, and when he does, it's like a packet of fries from McDonald's, or cheaply made sandwiches. Hardly gourmet. Hardly even edible. So sometimes I wonder why he's even going for the job, since he's seemingly been exposed to such little good food.
Wow, yeah, that does seem like a bit of an odd career choice. I'm currently hoping I can talk one of my friends out of being ... well, he can't be a teacher with the qualifications he's got anyway, so I guess a teacher's aide or something. I mean, we need all the teachers we can get, but he's the LAST person who should be dealing with children. HE'S AFRAID OF TOMATO SAUCE FOR FUCK'S SAKE. He's one of those people who's about to turn 21 and has been kept in cotton wool by hyper-religious, mentally unstable parents his entire life.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #207
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ah, the good old days... Nostalgia sets in every now and then, especially when it comes to food, or music or things like that
And railways.

Oh wait, that's just me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Now, though I've just returned to the thread, I saw this and it brings me to something curious. You see, one of my friends is currently doing a cooking apprenticeship, and plans on becoming a chef overseas. However, though I wish him the best of luck, it feels incredibly strange to me, as this guy eats irregularly and often infrequently, and when he does, it's like a packet of fries from McDonald's, or cheaply made sandwiches. Hardly gourmet. Hardly even edible. So sometimes I wonder why he's even going for the job, since he's seemingly been exposed to such little good food.
That is weird indeed... Hopefully he'll make sudden mental change regarding food, otherwise he's really doomed. I mean, when he doesn't really care for food or eating healthy, aspiring to become a chef overseas is a big choice to make.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #209
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Elfa, Fake Nigeria has no poverty, just lots of people with $5 million who need YOU to look after it. Totally legit, I swear.
So when Oluwabukola says he's just waiting until he becomes a prince and then he can pay me back, this is legit?
Old 07-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #210
Vocal parasite

Hey, MJ, I just noticed your custom user title. I don't suppose it is in any way a reference to this little incident? I studied that last semester at university, and funnily enough it came up in conversation when I saw the ophthalmologist on Wednesday.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread