Fake, Nigeria Superthread - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #166
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStar View Post
Hi everyone Long time no see!
Hey, nice to see you around again!

How's things going?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hey, nice to see you around again!

How's things going?
I'm doing fine, thanks, enjoying some free time off How are you doing?

Old 07-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #168
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'm doing fine, thanks, enjoying some free time off How are you doing?
Pretty good, wasting my winter holidays on Interference rather than doing anything substantially productive with my time.

Oh well, at least I bought some supplies to do baking. Maybe that'll actually result in some muffins tomorrow ... or in a few days ... or a week or so ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Pretty good, wasting my winter holidays on Interference rather than doing anything substantially productive with my time.

Oh well, at least I bought some supplies to do baking. Maybe that'll actually result in some muffins tomorrow ... or in a few days ... or a week or so ...
Ooh baking supplies Care to share some muffins when you've baked them? Do you like to cook? Or is more like a I-have-to-do-something-with-my-time-thing
Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #170
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ooh baking supplies Care to share some muffins when you've baked them? Do you like to cook? Or is more like a I-have-to-do-something-with-my-time-thing
Come to Australia, if you like chocolate muffins.

I quite enjoy cooking for others. When it's just for myself and more for sustinence than anything else ... it can be hard to care, but doing something new or something I don't do often is always enjoyable. I keep meaning to find some good new, quick dinner recipes. I hate any dinner that takes me ages to make - the novelty of it being something new wears off far too fast.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Come to Australia, if you like chocolate muffins.

I quite enjoy cooking for others. When it's just for myself and more for sustinence than anything else ... it can be hard to care, but doing something new or something I don't do often is always enjoyable. I keep meaning to find some good new, quick dinner recipes. I hate any dinner that takes me ages to make - the novelty of it being something new wears off far too fast.
I do like chocolate muffins!

I like to cook as well, even if it's only for myself or me and my mom I'm not a person who likes to spend hours in the kitchen, just like yourself, but I also like to try new recipes and all kinds of meat, vegetables, pasta, etc, etc.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #172
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I do like chocolate muffins!

I like to cook as well, even if it's only for myself or me and my mom I'm not a person who likes to spend hours in the kitchen, just like yourself, but I also like to try new recipes and all kinds of meat, vegetables, pasta, etc, etc.
I love making chocolate muffins. They're so hard to get wrong, and I use stacks of chocolate. Blueberry muffins seem to be more of a challenge, since my tendency to pour in a lot of what I like is prone is backfiring when the item in question is blueberries. Apple seems to work out a bit better.

One of the few reasons I miss my ex-girlfriend is that I would cook for her at least three nights a week. It gave doing the shopping and cooking a bit more of a purpose than just filling my own stomach. I don't need to impress myself with my own cooking, you know? But making somebody else something they enjoy feels fulfilling.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:01 AM
hello

I love to cook, even if it takes me hours. What I hate is when I slave over a stove for hours to cook a recipe for work (requested BY the people at work) for a pot luck and it goes completely unappreciated.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
I love making chocolate muffins. They're so hard to get wrong, and I use stacks of chocolate. Blueberry muffins seem to be more of a challenge, since my tendency to pour in a lot of what I like is prone is backfiring when the item in question is blueberries. Apple seems to work out a bit better.

One of the few reasons I miss my ex-girlfriend is that I would cook for her at least three nights a week. It gave doing the shopping and cooking a bit more of a purpose than just filling my own stomach. I don't need to impress myself with my own cooking, you know? But making somebody else something they enjoy feels fulfilling.
Aww that's so sweet You're single now..? But you're right, cooking for someone else gives you that extra special feeling, like you're really doing something for them that matters.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #175
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
hello

I love to cook, even if it takes me hours. What I hate is when I slave over a stove for hours to cook a recipe for work (requested BY the people at work) for a pot luck and it goes completely unappreciated.
Hi there

I hate that too, when people don't appreciate what you've been doing AT ALL! That makes me so mad...
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #176
Vocal parasite

Quote:
hello

Hey Reggo!

I'm not a fan of anything that takes ages, mainly because I'm an impatient bugger who wants to eat now. Though not quite on the Homer Simpson level of "4 seconds? But I'm hungry now!", mind you.

And yeah, it's a pain in the arse when things don't go appreciated. Last year I did start to get a bit quietly pissed a couple of times that Kate (my ex-girlfriend) was taking my cooking for granted ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #177
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Quote:
Hi there

I hate that too, when people don't appreciate what you've been doing AT ALL! That makes me so mad...
Exactly. I'm to make cornbread and a salad for the next one in two weeks. You can bet I'll not be killing myself over that.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #178
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Aww that's so sweet You're single now..? But you're right, cooking for someone else gives you that extra special feeling, like you're really doing something for them that matters.
Yeah. I've technically been single since February last year, but we were together for all intents and purposes until at least late November. Part of the reason I'm such a Superthread regular is that Kate seriously fucked me over just a week after this place burst into existence in February this year and it was somewhere friendly and distracting to latch onto. But enough of that! It feels like years ago anyway.

Whenever I get Ali and U-Wen to come over for a Phail band session, I'll have to make sure I have some muffins baked. It's a good incentive for me to spend more time in the kitchen and less at this bloody computer!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #179
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:01 AM
My mother has awaken me tremendously early and I am NOT happy.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Exactly. I'm to make cornbread and a salad for the next one in two weeks. You can bet I'll not be killing myself over that.
Good for you!

I think food is very important though, and highly underrated by some people. I'm not saying you always have to make a super-deluxe fancy dinner, but some people really don't find food important and don't even enjoy it. I don't get that

Tags
superthread