Faith Hill speaks out on inappropriate behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
anyone have any details on what happened? I've only been able to grab bits and pieces of what she said in the news last week.

What I do know is that two different women were pretty inappropriate with regards to Faith's husband, Tim McGraw. I heard that one woman tried to grab him in the crotch, or did, and another woman grabbed his wedding ring off of him, both at the same concert.

Anyone have any more info on this? Did he get his ring back? Like I said, I only heard a bit of what Faith's statement was, and man was she pissed! I agree with what I heard her saying though, and she had every right to be pissed.

If a singer goes into the crowd he should expect that some fans may take certain liberties and get carried away (Bono, anyone?). The fans in question had absolutely no right to do what they did, but again, you go into a certain situation where certain things may or may not happen so be prepared for it.

He got his ring back, Faith bitched out the grabby fans, now maybe next time Tim will get better security or stop venturing into the crowd. :shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
If a singer goes into the crowd he should expect that some fans may take certain liberties and get carried away (Bono, anyone?). The fans in question had absolutely no right to do what they did, but again, you go into a certain situation where certain things may or may not happen so be prepared for it.

I agree with that, but at least Ali isn't standing right there. No difference for me personally, both are wrong, and I would never do it period. It's gross and disrespectful to him and to his wife. But that's incredibly nervy to do it with Faith right there on stage, if she was. Maybe she was watching it backstage on a monitor, I don't know.

And I think it was his pinky ring and not a wedding ring. Still bad, unless she just tried to hold his hand and the ring came off somehow.

MrsSpringsteen said:

And I think it was his pinky ring and not a wedding ring. Still bad, unless she just tried to hold his hand and the ring came off somehow.

That is exactly what happened. She was waving the ring in the air for him and he didn't notice, too busy accusing another woman of stealing it.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I agree with that, but at least Ali isn't standing right there. No difference for me personally, both are wrong, and I would never do it period. It's gross and disrespectful to him and to his wife. But that's incredibly nervy to do it with Faith right there on stage, if she was. Maybe she was watching it backstage on a monitor, I don't know.

Faith and Tim are on tour together.

Whether she was there or not, it's disrespectful to grab a performer in that way.

I can't imagine a U2 fan going to Bono's crotch, personally. Don't think too many people are willing to face verbal lashing at the least and being forcibly removed from the arena.

That's a rather inappropriate song to go for the crotch on, I think. Mysterious Ways, maybe she could argue coersion.

Of course, singing "take this shirt", "take this mouth/give it a kiss" is probably asking for trouble too.

Back
Top Bottom